Chesky Records makes a high-rez album for Head-Fi'ers--in binaural!
Jun 10, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #106 of 137

Quote:
I think those comments are an insult to the musicians. Fair that you don't like it but it is very high quality playing not just sq

It's a fair comment and he/she is entitled to their opinion as music is very subjective.

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #108 of 137
Oh well..... Never mind.... Not worth the hassle,,,,

Quote:
It's a fair comment and he/she is entitled to their opinion as music is very subjective.

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #109 of 137
I've nothing against the musicians.  They're great.

But it's just a jam session.  That's it.  It's a glorified jam session that seems to have the sole purpose of showcasing this amazing technology.

That's all very good, but jam sessions aren't good music.  There's no coherency, no theme...the music isn't going anywhere.

Call me perhaps slightly bitter, but it's been a long time since I've paid $23 for something that's been so unimpressive from an album sense.

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #110 of 137
I bought this not for everyday musical enjoyment, but for the audiophile wow factor. And for the times when I want to listen to my gear rather than on the music per se. I appreciate well recorded music, and really would like to see more music done in the binaural format. I voted with my wallet to encourage more of this in the future. So while I don't foresee myself listening to this album on a regular basis, I am not disappointed with my purchase.

(It also doesn't hurt that I only spent ~$14 on my 44.1kHz version since I don't feel the need for high rez.)

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #111 of 137
I wonder if this makes it into many regular listening rotations. I don't think that I've listened from beginning to end more than once.

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #112 of 137

Quote:

But it's just a jam session.  That's it.  It's a glorified jam session that seems to have the sole purpose of showcasing this amazing technology.

That's all very good, but jam sessions aren't good music.  There's no coherency, no theme...the music isn't going anywhere.

Call me perhaps slightly bitter, but it's been a long time since I've paid $23 for something that's been so unimpressive from an album sense.

+1

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #113 of 137

I bought this not for everyday musical enjoyment, but for the audiophile wow factor. And for the times when I want to listen to my gear rather than on the music per se. I appreciate well recorded music, and really would like to see more music done in the binaural format. I voted with my wallet to encourage more of this in the future. So while I don't foresee myself listening to this album on a regular basis, I am not disappointed with my purchase.

(It also doesn't hurt that I only spent ~$14 on my 44.1kHz version since I don't feel the need for high rez.)

I totally agree with both and that sums up my opinion on this album. Would love to have more "real" music recorded this way. For a number of years in the late 70's or early 80's Danish radio broadcast the weekly Thursday night classical concert in binaural on one channel and normally on the main channel. I recorded many on open reel tapes and enjoyed the experience through my HD414. Wish they would make all those recordings available today

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #114 of 137

Quote:
I totally agree with both and that sums up my opinion on this album. Would love to have more "real" music recorded this way. For a number of years in the late 70's or early 80's Danish radio broadcast the weekly Thursday night classical concert in binaural on one channel and normally on the main channel. I recorded many on open reel tapes and enjoyed the experience through my HD414. Wish they would make all those recordings available today

You could always digitize those tapes and share with the community; that would not only be a step in the right direction but perhaps even an excuse for a blogsite 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #115 of 137
Problem is that I got rid of the tapes and machine over 20 years ago. Wish I hadn't

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #118 of 137
I did. but my, what a lousy download system, I'm still trying to make it work. and I'm not newbie at this. I was in ubuntu, what a fail, trying in windows is not much easier.

wouldnt a simple download link be much better? some OS's have a hard time with java

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #119 of 137
Yes their download manager is awfull

Users who are viewing this thread

Back