Chesky Records makes a high-rez album for Head-Fi'ers--in binaural!
May 19, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #92 of 137
Hi all,

Back last year I discovered HD Tracks, dowloaded a few files and thought " I like this". I then decided to go for a small digital music player to use at the heart of my full sized system. After much deliberation, thought and comparison testing I went for the Colorfly and I've used it ever since Nov/Dec last year. Great! But, I can no longer get music from HD Tracks due, I believe, to legal issues. Sure, I can still dowload Hi Res music from other sites but it is almost always classical. HELP PLEASE!

May 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #93 of 137
Quote:
Hi all,

Back last year I discovered HD Tracks, dowloaded a few files and thought " I like this". I then decided to go for a small digital music player to use at the heart of my full sized system. After much deliberation, thought and comparison testing I went for the Colorfly and I've used it ever since Nov/Dec last year. Great! But, I can no longer get music from HD Tracks due, I believe, to legal issues. Sure, I can still dowload Hi Res music from other sites but it is almost always classical. HELP PLEASE!

And people some people still wonder why the Jolly Roger is so popular these days...

May 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #94 of 137

It still works fine for me, have just this moment ordered another recording

Quote:
Hi all,

May 19, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #95 of 137
I finally got the order to go through using Paypal, but I had to try it about 10 times because it kept coming up with an API error saying it was the wrong merchant.

May 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #96 of 137
Yes I had to try 3 times before the PayPal part went through

May 20, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #97 of 137
Not a PayPal problem. HD Tracks mailed me saying that due to some legal problems I am unable to purchase and download to the U.K. but they are 'working' on it. Anyway, I have more music that I have not listened to yet than I need. About 700Gig of 16/44 plus even more in 24/96 and 24/192  At 62 I guess I'll have to take some with me when I go
gs1000.gif
 Off subject for a bit, ,,, it seems to me that most folk have very 'good'  and very capable setups but in the end it all comes down to personal taste. Sometimes I like loads of detail and sometimes I prefer less detail and a warmer sound, changing leads, source, iem's etc always impacts on the sound I get. My soloution to this was to feed one of my Colorflys, QLS or even iPod into a Berringer mini EQ. It seems to work very well in that I can easily tweak the sound to my needs or mood and I can't hear any loss of quality although I'm sure ther must be some.(I've noticed that using heatshrink can have a bad result).
Given my age and health a remote control setup is what I now crave and on that subject I've decided to look at having my FatMan Amp re-built, has anyone ever tried this? I just find that being able to adjust volume, bass and tops via remote so useful.
 One last thing for now. Take a look at my proffile photo. What can be seen feeding into the racked up equipment? No prize for correct answer but I hope it gives pause for thought, every portable player of note has been fed into this rig and in terms of 'tonal quality' there is, in my opinion, nothing that competes or at least better. It's a bit like the Ziggys, they too produce a quality of sound that's hard to better at any price providing you can live without masses of bass, it's about their ability to play music.
Must go, got some Teslars to re-wire!! I'll give HD Tracks another go over the weekend maybe.

May 20, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #98 of 137
Strange, I'm in Denmark and have no problems using either Danish credit cards or my Danish PayPal account

May 22, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #99 of 137

Quote:
Got the 24/88 version.  It's 1.6 GB worth of files in FLAC format.  Sounds very good and is neat to listen to if you want to experience binaural.  I just wish it wasn't all percussion.  I'd like to have some nice binaural music to listen to and I hope Chesky will make something like that for us.  Thanks, Chesky!

I agree. I was thinking of purchasing this for a few days now, but for 30 $ I would have liked some Jazz, really. Maybe just some high quality covers, like from Dave Brubeck's Time Out...

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #102 of 137
Even with the discount code, rendering this download a paltry $12, I still found it to be largely a waste of money.  Sure, it sounds great, but the content itself is woefully underwhelming and sparse. 

The next time I want to hear the sound of wind chimes surround my head for 4 minutes, I will just walk out onto my porch.

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #103 of 137
Quote:
Even with the discount code, rendering this download a paltry $12, I still found it to be largely a waste of money.  Sure, it sounds great, but the content itself is woefully underwhelming and sparse. 

The next time I want to hear the sound of wind chimes surround my head for 4 minutes, I will just walk out onto my porch.

Yeah.  Extremely disappointing for $20.  It's a record for the novelty factor only.  Waste of money - will never listen to this more than twice, no matter how cool it is.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #105 of 137
I think those comments are an insult to the musicians. Fair that you don't like it but it is very high quality playing not just sq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back