Cheapest reputable place for ATH-M50?
Jun 18, 2011 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

t4rdigrade

New Head-Fier
I'm looking at buying a set of ATH-M50's to replace my $20 Sennheisers, but the cheapest reputable place I can find is Amazon for about $135. Every place I've seen in the forum history has either gone up or offline. Is there a new best place to get these from?

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 11
I can't stress enough to be careful when you purchase something on Amazon, especially if the manufacturers warranty specifies that it must be purchased through an authorized reseller.    Amazon, through its marketplace allows other retailers to sell through them and even fulfills the shipping.  Just because you buy it on Amazon.com doesn't mean you're getting it through an authorized reseller.  I just bought my ATH-M50's from Amazon and paid a little more but they were being sold by Amazon themselves.  It can be a pain to track the item down but its worth it.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
I can't stress enough to be careful when you purchase something on Amazon, especially if the manufacturers warranty specifies that it must be purchased through an authorized reseller.    Amazon, through its marketplace allows other retailers to sell through them and even fulfills the shipping.  Just because you buy it on Amazon.com doesn't mean you're getting it through an authorized reseller.  I just bought my ATH-M50's from Amazon and paid a little more but they were being sold by Amazon themselves.  It can be a pain to track the item down but its worth it.

I would also recommend being careful on Amazon, I bought mine from Amazon (and fulfilled by Amazon) for $160 and I am 100% satisfied. In my opinion, it is worth paying a few extra dollars to make sure they aren't fake.

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #10 of 11
Yeah, I bought my M50's from the Sound Professionals also and I really don't think you can get any lower than $120 anymore. Sorry.

In fact I remember reading about people buying them even earlier for around $80-$100 but now demand has sent prices soaring.

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 11
The codes still work and I even double checked it for you. I don't even understand why this thread is so long. Just buy it cause you won't get it cheaper.

Code for m50s: 1-ATHM50S-SAVE60
Code for m50 (coiled cable): 1-ATHM50-SAVE60

Quote:
Looked like a nice deal, but price has gone up :frowning2: Still looking. Anyone know of deals on these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back