Cheapest place to order DT770 velour pads (including shipping to Canada?)
Oct 31, 2010 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kloan

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone know the cheapest place to order replacement velour pads for Beyerdynamic DT770s? $25-30 shipping is outrageous and I refuse to pay that (Beyer, Headphone Solutions).

There's gotta be somewhere that charges a more realistic fee for shipping....

Any help is appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 10
Long & McQuade will order them in for you, but be prepared to wait.  It took almost 4 months for my pair of pads to arrive.

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
anon55 said:

lots of people get them from here
http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt770_ohrpolster.htm

Cool, thanks.. ordered.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it just me, or does even $40 seem like a lot for some pads? Oh well.. what can ya go.

Quote:
joelpearce said:

Long & McQuade will order them in for you, but be prepared to wait.  It took almost 4 months for my pair of pads to arrive.

Ah, didn't know I could do that. 4 months is too long though, as I might be giving the DT770s to my father as a birthday gift.

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:

Ah, didn't know I could do that. 4 months is too long though, as I might be giving the DT770s to my father as a birthday gift.

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 10
hmm... how do we delete posts? i dont see the option.....

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 10
They canceled my order. They don't accept orders less than 50 euro... seems to me they should say so on their site, or at least have it automatically tell me at the check out.

Though they still haven't issued a refund.

Thanks anyway.
frown.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #8 of 10
Hey dude, did you ever figure out a reasonably priced option for the pads?

I ordered some from a local vendor a while back, and they told me to hurry up with picking them up since they were going out of business in a couple of days. So I go and get them-- only to find out at home that despite looking right, they are just too small for my DT770s (they're probably for the 990s???). Needless to say I'm very pissed, and I can't even return them since there's no place left to return them to... So I'm definitely not looking to pay too much for another pair. (If someone has an idea on how to work these slightly too small 990 pads on my 770s, I'm all ears (no pun intended)!)

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Hey dude, did you ever figure out a reasonably priced option for the pads?

I ordered some from a local vendor a while back, and they told me to hurry up with picking them up since they were going out of business in a couple of days. So I go and get them-- only to find out at home that despite looking right, they are just too small for my DT770s (they're probably for the 990s???). Needless to say I'm very pissed, and I can't even return them since there's no place left to return them to... So I'm definitely not looking to pay too much for another pair. (If someone has an idea on how to work these slightly too small 990 pads on my 770s, I'm all ears (no pun intended)!)

Try folding back the vinyl lip that's designed to hold the pads onto the headphones.  Once done, you can simply set the pads into place, then fold the vinyl back over onto place, instead of trying to stretch the pads.  It takes a couple practice runs, but it should work.

To make sure that they are 770 pads, do they have holes in the material?  The 990 pads have holes, and the 770 pads should be solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back