Cheap USB DAC with Line Out?
Apr 8, 2010 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

expxe

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a USB DAC with Line Out. I am not too concerned about sound quality since it will be used to play streaming online video. I just need the price to be good and to have line out. What do you guys recommend?

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 13
Nuforce uDAC. $100-110 CDN. Good quality. There's line and coaxial out.

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 13
Behringer do one. Allow me to link you guys.

BEHRINGER: UCA202

Cheap as chips but would probably do the job.

Is that what you were looking for?

BTW, you might get more replies if you post in the "Computer Audio" board.

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 13
I am listening to the Behringer UFO-202 atm. Sound is actually decent. I think I picked it up for $25 on sale. Has a good strong line out.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by expxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you buy it for $25?

One of those Amazon deals. I'm pretty sure B&H and Parts Express have it for $30 all the time.

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #9 of 13
Apr 10, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Behringer | UFO202 - USB 1.1 Digital Audio Interface | UFO202

$30 for line out. Free shipping. Even has its own headphone out and switchable phono/line in. I don't think you can go much cheaper than that.

My notebook PC has only a mono headphone input. Would this Behringer device enable analog stereo input thru the USB ports so I can record cassette tapes?

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hjf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My notebook PC has only a mono headphone input. Would this Behringer device enable analog stereo input thru the USB ports so I can record cassette tapes?

I think yes:

• USB 1.1 audio interface for connecting turntables and tape cassette players with a computer for recording and playback

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hjf /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just recorded three of my most difficult to replace records with it last night. There is a little switch that engages the phono preamp (MM or high-output MC - expected for the price). You can record either stereo inputs from a line out source or from a phono source.

I'd post a sample of the results but I don't have a way to host it. The only annoying thing for me is that it doesn't do 96/24 or 192/24 over USB. I do minimal processing/restoration on the files so it doesn't bother me enough to make me want to spend the money for a FireWire audio interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back