Cheap upgrade from Galaxy S?
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #16 of 25
Fuze and clip sound almost the same, I have both. The GUI and build quality of the Fuze makes my Clip+ collect dust. However I must warn you that when it comes to driving headphones, the Sansa's are not very good. Still, a great choice if you are looking for a player within that price range.

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #17 of 25
In my opinion, I would save up your money and buy the Samsung galaxy player 4 and root it, flash a custom rom, flash voodoo sound kernel, and install voodoo control.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #19 of 25
Jul 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:
What is dying about your Galaxy S? It's such a d-/r-ecent phone.

I've had mine from day one and it's still brand new looking/functioning.

They're not supposed to die.

Well, the power button no longer works (I have the phone configured to wake from the volume buttons and I use the Search button to make it sleep). Also, random things in internal storage are becoming corrupted, plus my phone randomly reboots 4 times a day, and there is quite a big imbalance as far as audio is concerned.

In more detail about my audio problem, it did not always exist. On the left channel, the bass frequencies around 50Hz and under are perfectly presented, where as on the right channel, the bass is much, much, much weaker. On headphones that can barely reach that low, the lower bass is essentially gone in the right ear, yet present in the left. I had at first believed it was the difference in my ear canals, however when I finally got some customs, I found it very, very odd that the problem would persist since customs are molded to my ear and everything, and that's when I found out about the imbalance. When I first got the phone I didn't notice it at all, it wasn't until about a year later that I started to notice it, albeit barely (but when you've got high-dollar headphones, that barely becomes obvious when scrutinizing detail). Now it's painfully obvious, ruining any listening experience. If I were to stick the left channel in my right ear, then the problem ear just switches. This happens on every one of my headphones (that can get down that low) and this is the only device it happens on so I know 100% it's my phone and not just ridiculously bad luck.

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #23 of 25
Okay, as long as you know it's not a software based issue :wink:. I hope that it won't happen to me :p.

I know some people who used their Galaxy S has an alarm clock, and left the screen on all night long had pixels burned under the white numbers indicating the time on the status bar. The pixels there remained whitey no matter what the screen displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back