Cheap Project Headphone Advice
Feb 7, 2011 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GLrunner13

Head-Fier
Hey guys, looking for a pair of cheap(ish) headphones that people feel greatly benefit from recabling.  I am new to playing with cables and I want to find a pair of cans that will benefit from this DIY.  Any suggestions?

Also, anyone know some good value earbud/IEM headphones with an inline remote for iPod shuffles?  My cat decided that he had a grudge against the remote section...

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 4
Recabling is scientifically proven to not be a factor. Silver will not send an audio signal any better than copper, despite what others will have you believe. Okay, actually it will if you mined the copper ore, refined it yourself, and made the cables.

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:

I would like to try those...but I thought they were only in Canada?  I will have to swing by a wal-mart and see for myself I suppose!

Quote:
Recabling is scientifically proven to not be a factor. Silver will not send an audio signal any better than copper, despite what others will have you believe. Okay, actually it will if you mined the copper ore, refined it yourself, and made the cables.

As a scientist myself, I find this a little hard to believe...surely conductivity factors, crystal lattice integrity of the metal and a variety of other factors could affect the passage of the signal.  If it is scientifically proven as you say, it must be published literature in a peer-reviewed journal.  Do you have a source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back