Cheap headphones that are better quality than Monster beats solo?
Dec 6, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #17 of 25
^ NCIX is a Canadian store that has the PX100, and apple.ca has the PX-100II.  I agree with Rocky's post, and really preferred the Grado SR60 over my PX100.  The main downside of the Grados is their excessive brightness/treble, but SR60 has flat foam pads that cover the speaker grill and tames the highs almost perfectly.  It's the higher grade Grados with a hole in the middle of the ear pads (or SR60 with the same open pads) that deliver the treble straight to your brain, with can get painful.  

Order the Grados in the FS forum here or canukaudiomart- they come up all the time and you can get them for cheaper than a new PX100.

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 25
I got the PX 100's for $40 used. Man it feels so great to finally have some legit headphones, one thing that immediately caught my attention is that listening to music at medium-high volume doesn't hurt my ears. 

I also noticed in some music that I used to listen to regulary, is that I hear new "sound", perhaps its just because sound is really clear. 

So awesome. What would be a major upgrade to the PX 100? I really want to get some high end headphones for christmas.

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #19 of 25

Quote:
I got the PX 100's for $40 used. Man it feels so great to finally have some legit headphones, one thing that immediately caught my attention is that listening to music at medium-high volume doesn't hurt my ears. 

I also noticed in some music that I used to listen to regulary, is that I hear new "sound", perhaps its just because sound is really clear. 

So awesome. What would be a major upgrade to the PX 100? I really want to get some high end headphones for christmas.

I'd say look into an HD 25-II, if you want a headphone to just flat out stomp Beats Solo's then you'l get an HD 25-II.

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #20 of 25
 SONY MDR-XB500 are a cheap set of headphones that deliver deep bass aswel as having comfortable ear cups, the ear cups are more like soft pads, they dont offer noise cancelation but are good for the money.

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #21 of 25
An ATH-ES7 would sound much better than the solos. If you're really JVC flats ($5-10) with the fullness mod and proper burn-in will sound better than the solo beats. I'm actually quite impressed with the pair of flats I got. I wasn't really expecting much from them.

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #22 of 25
Oct 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #24 of 25
I bought a pair of Sony headphones for 23$ and they are much better then monster beats. Beats aren't that great. If your looking for really great headphones here is a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004RKVXXM/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 these are amazing :)

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #25 of 25
I have the beats solo HD, I would say you can find similar or better sound for half the price if you shop around. Try

Shure SRH440(better)
Noontec Zoro(better)
Sony XB500(about the same)
Skull candy aviator(Much better)
ATH M50(better)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back