"Cheap" headphones recommendation
Mar 9, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 31
Superlux HD681 Evo could work. Good bass,
I tried the Superlux HD681 EVO, I'm guessing the best audio quality you could expect, for the HD681 EVO's price.
but it came out of the box with a tight grip, over my head/ears, so I gave them to my nephews.

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #18 of 31
Mar 10, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #20 of 31
Oh ok, now I understand :)
Do you think they are better than the Sony or the Superlux?, because the Sony seems to have better specs but I'm afraid that the extra bass feature will "eat" the other frequencies and I never used the Superlux.
Never tried those sony's.
The Superlux 668B is not a bass-oriented headphone, but the large size is very comfortable.
I've never tried the Evo, but that seems to be bass oriented from what I've read in the past. Also larger than the Philips, and might be more comfortable for longer wearing sessions.

Mar 10, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #21 of 31
So, I created the post with two doubts and now I have a lot more :beyersmile:

Based on my local prices, this is the best that I could find:

Superlux HD681 (not the EVO, just the normal version) 50% says that it have good bass and the other 50% says that it's flat...
Philips HX5
Sony MDR-XB550
Takstar TS-650: It seems great and comes with an extra pair of pads but I can't find any extra info about them like how good is the bass and if it would need and amp
Samson SR350

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #24 of 31
I would recommend Sony MDR-XB550AP. Sony Extra Bass Series seldom disappoint bass heads.

Mar 11, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #25 of 31
I would recommend Sony MDR-XB550AP. Sony Extra Bass Series seldom disappoint bass heads.

The Sony's seems to be the better of all of them for music with good bass but they're also the more expensives so I don't know if they really worth that. The Philips XH5 seems good too but the only reference that I have for them is the GREQ recommendation and I can't find anything about the Takstar TS-650 :triportsad:

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #26 of 31
The Sony's seems to be the better of all of them for music with good bass but they're also the more expensives so I don't know if they really worth that. The Philips XH5 seems good too but the only reference that I have for them is the GREQ recommendation and I can't find anything about the Takstar TS-650 :triportsad:
So far I have very positive impression with Sony on build quality. I own a XBA-A1AP which is turning 4 years old this year and it is still serving me well.

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #27 of 31
The Philips sound great, but you can't replace the ear pads, they're fixed or glued on somehow.
Pretty sure all the others mentioned so far are easier to maintain.
So longevity probably isn't great.

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #28 of 31
So far I have very positive impression with Sony on build quality. I own a XBA-A1AP which is turning 4 years old this year and it is still serving me well.

Yes, build quality in Sony could be a bit plastic but they're resistant. I have the Sony MDR-ZX100 (the cheaper Sony's I guess) that I use usually and after 4 years they still working as new. About the sound, I wouldn't like to overwhelming all the sounds with pure bass and that could be a problem with Sony's.

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #29 of 31
So, I created the post with two doubts and now I have a lot more :beyersmile:

Based on my local prices, this is the best that I could find:

Superlux HD681 (not the EVO, just the normal version) 50% says that it have good bass and the other 50% says that it's flat...
Philips HX5
Sony MDR-XB550
Takstar TS-650: It seems great and comes with an extra pair of pads but I can't find any extra info about them like how good is the bass and if it would need and amp
Samson SR350
I only have experience with the HD681...I used to have them, I really liked them, but they don't have a ton of bass...that was their biggest flaw, for my tastes. If you are listening to music that doesn't have a ton of bass they are wonderful...acoustic music sounded great on them...but hip hop or edm...most popular types of music, they were bass light.

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #30 of 31
Yes, build quality in Sony could be a bit plastic but they're resistant. I have the Sony MDR-ZX100 (the cheaper Sony's I guess) that I use usually and after 4 years they still working as new. About the sound, I wouldn't like to overwhelming all the sounds with pure bass and that could be a problem with Sony's.
Then you might need to consider those models which are not categorized as "Extra Bass" if you want to go for Sony. They do have different series to cater different needs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back