Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions
Apr 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #31 of 44
Very nice photos, sadly I was busy and couldn't make it this time round. From the looks of it it's definitely something worth attending next year.

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #32 of 44
This was my first meet and I had a blast! Great gear and better people. It was cool of several to hang out for dinner afterwards. (I wish I could have stayed for scotch, but I had to figure out how to cram a bunch of Ikea boxes into our car.)

Dan's Auralic Vega + Liquid Glass + Alpha Dogs was probably my favorite sound at the show. My biggest surprise and "holy S#!t" moment was the K1000s. Those were really unique.

I really loved all of the Audezes I tried. I wish the LCD-X had been there, would like to know if its worth the extra over the LCD 2.2. Audezes will be my next headphone purchase.

HE-6 and HE-500 were really good. I had always heard that Grados are something you either love or not, they weren't my bag. I liked the Stax a lot, but I liked the magnetic planars better.

I put the TH900 on and literally jumped when a drum hit, big impact from that headphone!

The HD800 and WA22 combo was also quite good and that was single ended, I would be curious to try it balanced. I have read about this combination quite a bit and I liked it a lot.

Thanks to those who put it together, the room was right at capacity, we'll need a bigger place next time!

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #33 of 44
Looks like a great meet,  with plenty of fantastic gear to sample.

May 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #35 of 44
I wonder when the next one is...

May 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #36 of 44
It would've been $80 to rent a car to come see you guys in Charlotte, but just looking at the photos makes me feel like that price would've been worth it. Hoping for more great meets in NC! (Psssttt triangle area this time!)

May 8, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #37 of 44
 I wish I had tried your setup sooner.  That Parasound amp was killer with the HE-6.  Easily the most raw dynamic impact of any setup there.

Would that be the Paraaound A23 listed in his profile? I'd be interested in hearing any other thoughts you (or anyone, really) had about the HE-6/A23 pairing if you feel like sharing :wink:

May 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #38 of 44
Would that be the Paraaound A23 listed in his profile? I'd be interested in hearing any other thoughts you (or anyone, really) had about the HE-6/A23 pairing if you feel like sharing :wink:

Yep that's the only setup I brought to the meet. I'd be open to letting anyone interested, listen to any of my setups, granted they live nearby.

May 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #39 of 44
Well, we'd love to have you at the Nashville meet then :p

If it isn't too OT, may I ask you your thoughts on the pairing? I'm a HE-6-on-speaker-amps guy myself, and I considered picking up an A23 on Audiogon before I got my F5. Actually, there are a bunch of us in the "Amps for HE-6" thread if you do end up sharing... :)

May 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #40 of 44
It would've been $80 to rent a car to come see you guys in Charlotte, but just looking at the photos makes me feel like that price would've been worth it. Hoping for more great meets in NC! (Psssttt triangle area this time!)

Not that Charlotte was too far away, but I too would like to seek out those local to the triangle in the efforts to hold a future meet here.  Heck, might even start with mini-meets at my house like Alex did at his when they first started up the Charlotte meets!

If you're someone who would be interested in:

- Establishing a triangle meet or... 
- Having a mini-meet

Send me a PM.

Well, we'd love to have you at the Nashville meet then :p

If it isn't too OT, may I ask you your thoughts on the pairing? I'm a HE-6-on-speaker-amps guy myself, and I considered picking up an A23 on Audiogon before I got my F5. Actually, there are a bunch of us in the "Amps for HE-6" thread if you do end up sharing... :)

Might be a bit off topic to talk about my personal experience and comparisons with different speaker amp/ headphone amp pairings, so I will send you a PM.  Who knows, I might just be down for a road trip to Nashville when the time comes 
blink.gif

May 9, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #41 of 44
May 21, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #42 of 44
Sorry for the looooooong delay but I'm just getting a chance to share my photos from the Charlotte meet - here they are even though many are repeats and my phone wasn't playing nice so many are blurry.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116680837145111183900/albums/6015945481160580977

Jun 11, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #43 of 44
Anymore talk of another Charlotte meet?  

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #44 of 44
Not sure if I could make another so soon, but I'm always open.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself in this last one and would definitely not mind another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back