Changing op-amps on Creative X-fi titanium HD
Jun 13, 2010 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

lengbibi

New Head-Fier
My titanium HD is using stock LME49710NA, and if I change to LME49720NA what kind of sound difference will there be?

Any suggestions for better op-amps to use? I'm pairing with HD650.

Any help will be appreciated!

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 19
You're the first one I have heard of who has one! First off I'm pretty sure those LME49710NAs the card comes with are mono op-amps which might or might not limit the amount of op-amps you can use with the card. So if you have some LME49720NAs ready to play around with it might not work since they're stereo op-amps. I don't know a whole lot, but keep that in mind and wait for more qualified people to post here and don't start changing op-amps just yet.

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 19
Thanks for the help, I will use the stock op-amps for the time being~

Its available in Japan and Singapore since 2 weeks ago~

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #6 of 19
how is the card compared to the stx?
i cant decide between those two....

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
Where did you get it from? I thought they weren't out yet,

Source:
http://www.guru3d.com/news/sound-blaster-xfi-titanium-hd-announced/
Quote:
[size=x-small][size=x-small]Pricing and Availability
The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD will be available at The CREATIVE Stores at International Business Park and Marina Square, the online store at sg.store.creative.com and authorised dealers in Singapore from March 2010 onwards at the suggested retail prices of S$299.00 and S$149.00 respectively.
[/size]
[/size]

I'm looking forward to this too, i just sold an ST and would like to know if i should go external DAC route or just settle with this for the time being.

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
AFAIK, they were said to be delayed.  Perhaps they have been released overseas.
That info posted above was from a few months ago....

And your point? you know what annoys me the most about forums, when someone jumps on and tries to counter with something else which isn't really relevant, i was just pointing there's an estimated release date.

Jun 14, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 19
My point?  The info you posted is very old and said the card was going to be relased in March, did you bother to read it?

The card has been delayed from the original release date.  Not sure how that is not relavent to the thread.

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #11 of 19
What is wrong with this guy? He posts news from January saying it'll be out in March when it's June and no store has it yet. On top of that he gets pissed off at the person correcting him and being polite about it.

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #12 of 19

Quote:
My point?  The info you posted is very old and said the card was going to be relased in March, did you bother to read it?

The card has been delayed from the original release date.  Not sure how that is not relavent to the thread.

"did you bother to read it?" There you go again trying to put down, why else would i qoute the paragraph that says "[size=small][size=small]March 2010 onwards", [/size][/size][size=small][size=small]yes its an old post but its one of the few info on this card and like i said i was just pointing out there's an estimated time line long before, key word ESTIMATED and i didn't intend to be 100% accurate or be the latest.[/size][/size]

[size=small][size=small]So sad i have to spell this all out man, gosh! [/size][/size]

Quote:
ROBSCIX said:

AFAIK, they were said to be delayed.  Perhaps they have been released overseas.
That info posted above was from a few months ago....

And you know if you didn't show up with some half @ss counter statement like this without no proper proof or new links, it would have all been cool.

Quote:
pmc64 said:

What is wrong with this guy? He posts news from January saying it'll be out in March when it's June and no store has it yet. On top of that he gets pissed off at the person correcting him and being polite about it.

Junior get lost if you don't get whats wrong.

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
We get what's wrong.  You're being a troll, if you are interested in aruging back and fourth go and find another to bother.

Face it, you got owned and your best card is the troll card, you couldn't even posted a link first hand to back up your claims, the best you had was hear say.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
My titanium HD is using stock LME49710NA, and if I change to LME49720NA what kind of sound difference will there be?

Any suggestions for better op-amps to use? I'm pairing with HD650.

Any help will be appreciated!

The LME49710HA is a single channel opamp and the 720 is the dual channel version.  For opamps that are in sockets, you will need to use single channel opamps to replace them as that is how the circuit is designed.  If you want to use dual channel chips in single channel socket/circuit you will need special adapters. The LME's are actually great chips, this is why many new audio products are coming with them as stock.

With your headphones, what is "wrong" with the signature you have now?  -If we have an idea of what you are looking for it makes it easier to recommend opamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back