Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP
Mar 30, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #347 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by TehNomad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks decayed.cell, works like a charm.

Is there any way to map it for games and such?

Not that I know of, unless you could somehow force ffdshow or something to take care of all the game audio formats and then map the outputs to side left and side right

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #348 of 512
Is this what it should look like with latest drivers for Vista x64?

I seem to be having issues with latest foobar + WASAPI @ 800 MS. With WASAPI enabled it gives me the error message of:

"Unrecoverable playback error: Could not open device: unsupported data format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels"

However, if I change settings back to primary sound then it plays fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #349 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by zzbloopzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this what it should look like with latest drivers for Vista x64?

I seem to be having issues with latest foobar + WASAPI @ 800 MS. With WASAPI enabled it gives me the error message of:

"Unrecoverable playback error: Could not open device: unsupported data format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels"

However, if I change settings back to primary sound then it plays fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Try the PPHS Resampler to 96000Hz

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #350 of 512
Or wait until we hear back from Saulous and oc613, both of whom are trying to get bit-perfect 44.1 kHz in Vista x64 without ASIO4All.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #351 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by decayed.cell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the PPHS Resampler to 96000Hz

Within Foobar I assume? I am a noob with this. Been using Winamp for YEARS. :c)

I forgot to mention that for the settings, I have my AD-700's connected to the Black jack... not actually using the S/PDIF.

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #352 of 512
I think I read the SSRC resampler is actually better than the PPHS one. Try googling it.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #353 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by PascalT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I read the SSRC resampler is actually better than the PPHS one. Try googling it.

Probably. zzbloopzz, does Vista x64 have its own driver for the AV-710? If so, perhaps my trick on Windows 7 will work - then again, I'm not sure if the driver will go down to 44100Hz, the one on 7 only goes to 48000

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #354 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by decayed.cell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably. zzbloopzz, does Vista x64 have its own driver for the AV-710? If so, perhaps my trick on Windows 7 will work - then again, I'm not sure if the driver will go down to 44100Hz, the one on 7 only goes to 48000

I must say I cannot recall. Was a while ago. I don't think it did but not 100% on that.

If I mostly listen to 192+ VBR MP3's... will I even notice any difference?

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #355 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by zzbloopzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say I cannot recall. Was a while ago. I don't think it did but not 100% on that.

If I mostly listen to 192+ VBR MP3's... will I even notice any difference?

The only person that can answer that is yourself haha

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #357 of 512
hi guys, first post here
smily_headphones1.gif

I got this soundcard coming and I'm gathering info to set up my pc.
Just one question:
after enabling the Black Surr (alt out) to work with the wolfson DAC, does it work like a "normal line out" without any pre-amplification?
since my amp is broken I'm trying to understand if I can drive my alessandro ms1 directly from the black surr or if I need the amp to be repaired asap.
thanks a lot

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #358 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by pod_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys, first post here
smily_headphones1.gif

I got this soundcard coming and I'm gathering info to set up my pc.
Just one question:
after enabling the Black Surr (alt out) to work with the wolfson DAC, does it work like a "normal line out" without any pre-amplification?
since my amp is broken I'm trying to understand if I can drive my alessandro ms1 directly from the black surr or if I need the amp to be repaired asap.
thanks a lot

You have to change the jumpers on the board to speaker. Putting them on headphone enables the onboard amp afaik

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #359 of 512
mhh, so I guess the onboard amp is not that good, but at least there's going to be something to listen to.
I think I'll have to stick with it until I get my amp repaired.
thank you very much!

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #360 of 512
Howdy all... first post. Read through the thread and guide but do not see anything about win2k. I'm installing the AV-710 into a pc I use in my garage for troubleshooting that is also hooked to a receiver, so I'd love to get it sounding better with the lowest possible cpu usage. I'm also far too cheap to boot for a copy of XP or Vista for the garage unit... that and some of the software I use only works correctly under win2k. Is there any way to get true 44.1 kHz audio from the Wolfson DAC in win2k? I know foobar support of win2k ended with v0.9.5, is this why there is no guide?

I am using the optical connection. I already tried flashing it with the Prodigy firmware. Flash went fine.. but the Audiotrak drivers continually freeze underwin2k. I tried them all.. very time consuming. Odd.. but there it is. Flashed it back to the original bios and installed the latest envy24 drivers and it works fine. Any help appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back