CES 2011: Day One
Jan 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #16 of 79
/\ My eyes, its burning.

Man! next time you go to CES let me know wanna tag along. I want to get those VIP passes. do you get a special ID or something, great coverage will wait for more

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #17 of 79
Interesting....the Miles Davis that is I wonder about durability but I'm sure all is well. Did you play any notes out of it?

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #19 of 79
Good summary, Jude. I also stopped by Monster, Beyer, Sennheiser, and will be hitting up Sleek tomorrow or the next day. You are also right about Mr. Feckanin of Beyerdynamic - he is excellent, up to speed, and courteous. The T5p is a biiiiiig hit with me, though I could not hope to buy it. Lovely case too, evidently designed by a Belgian mat maker! Love to meet up with you, Jude.

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #20 of 79
Nice info Jude, can't wait to see what the next day brings. The Sleek Audio/50 Cent headphones seem to have the most potential in my eyes. I'm not implying that they won't be an overpriced marketing item however they seem to be the most likely to actually have respectable sound quality and tuning going by Sleek's background. 

Interested in your take on the Senn Noise Blocking iem's as well, really curious to see if the technology in those things is capable of blocking out more than a great fitting set of customs for example. 

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #21 of 79
Hey Jude, when are you going to get me into CES? If you could get Drew of Moon Audio in, then I think my turn's next.
wink.gif
Did I never tell you I haven't been to Las Vegas since I was 16 and hence too young to do anything fun?

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #26 of 79

Quote:
Quote:
Looking forward to more thoughts on the Beats Pro.  Thanks. 

they clamp like heck...just saying

Yeah, I tried them on at Best Buy and the clamping force didn't bother me any more than my ATH-M50s do.  I just wanted an unbiased review and impressions other than those of us who demo'd them at Best Buy. 

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #27 of 79
Wow, what an awesome and exciting post! I think it's particularly awesome that you got a pic with a rap superstar, and those Miles Davis phones are so cool! I was obsessed with playing the trumpet in high school, and those probably would've just plain blown my mind. It's also particularly exciting to see Monster doing exciting things, especially since I just ordered myself some Coppers with ControlTalk earlier today! I'm so excited for them!!!

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #29 of 79

Quote:
Hey Jude, when are you going to get me into CES? If you could get Drew of Moon Audio in, then I think my turn's next.
wink.gif
Did I never tell you I haven't been to Las Vegas since I was 16 and hence too young to do anything fun?

Since it is a member of the trade show Drew gets in by himself with his own company name. The CES is a trade show for the industry and Drew is part of that industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back