CES 2009
Jan 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

AmanGeorge

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey,

I haven't seen much talk about the CES around these parts. I've been a few times, although always focused solely on speakers rather than headphones.

I thought I'd start a thread about this year's CES in anticipation of its beginning in a few days since I hadn't seen one yet for people to discuss rumors, plans, etc. etc., and, later, pictures and impressions if they get a chance.

Since I've never done the CES HP scene before (though I plan to partake this year!), I also figured I'd ask those who have been - what's it like? Is there a lot of opportunity for trying out different equipment etc.?

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 52
A possible new release from Sennheiser, that is. Silly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 52
Haha yeah I've seen that thread, I'll be on the lookout. Is there anyone else folks are going to be trying to get to?

Jan 6, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

I haven't seen much talk about the CES around these parts. I've been a few times, although always focused solely on speakers rather than headphones.

I thought I'd start a thread about this year's CES in anticipation of its beginning in a few days since I hadn't seen one yet for people to discuss rumors, plans, etc. etc., and, later, pictures and impressions if they get a chance.

Since I've never done the CES HP scene before (though I plan to partake this year!), I also figured I'd ask those who have been - what's it like? Is there a lot of opportunity for trying out different equipment etc.?

Venetian has the larger names in high performance audio, almost all of it speaker oriented. Don't forget to go to the THE Show, you'll get to hear a lot of equipment there also. Just show them your CES badge and you're in.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #5 of 52
I'll be interested to see if there are some new products released. I'm expecting 2 bigies.

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 52
Yeah we'll see if I have time to make it over to THE Show I'm not there for too long. Have you ever tried browsing HP equipment at the CES or THE Show?

Towert7 - what are you expecting besides the Senns?

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Towert7 - what are you expecting besides the Senns?

Oh, I'm just expecting 2 senns.

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #10 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be at CES, will be sure to check out Sennheiser along with the usual suspects.

See you there again, bro! Let's plan next year so that we have more overlap in our schedules than we had last year and this year.

I'm doing some packing now, as well as squeezing in as much last-minute work as I can, as I don't think there will be much time to do much other than be a Head-Fi'er in the desert this week.

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #13 of 52
My wallet is ready for two, my wife is hoping for just one.
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #14 of 52
I expect two new Sennheiser headphones, the HD680 and the HD800.
Would not be surprised if other vendors have something up their sleeves as well.
smile.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #15 of 52
Shure is planning on new products of some sort. I think 4 new products was the number. Other than that no official word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back