CES 2009
Jan 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #32 of 52
Also not true as I had e-mailed Sennheiser about the HD800 and they confirmed it. Some time later people discovered the HD680 page.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no HD680, and no plans for one. The HD800 is what's being served, young man, and you're going to like it!
wink.gif

There is no HD680.

Okay.
tongue.gif
The HD800 looks promising enough. Those researchers put a lot of work in the design.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #36 of 52
I want a sweet netbook out of CES this year. This will be my next purchase, and I'm not entirely satisfied with the current offerings...

Headphones are cool, too.
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no HD680, and no plans for one. The HD800 is what's being served, young man, and you're going to like it!
wink.gif

There is no HD680.

WELL (kicks dirt), I don't hafta if I don't want to, if I didn't have to.
mad.gif
(looks for little brother to punch)

A few pair (for marketing promo) among the masses for review purposes would really drive interest here at Head-Fi and I would volunteer to take one for the team sir.

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WELL (kicks dirt), I don't hafta if I don't want to, if I didn't have to.
mad.gif
(looks for little brother to punch)

A few pair (for marketing promo) among the masses for review purposes would really drive interest here at Head-Fi and I would volunteer to take one for the team sir.

I don't think it really needs anything to drive interest further than it already has been driven.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #40 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O.K. already on the HD800. What happened to Shure at the CES? Others on this forum thought that they might have unveiled a successor to the SE530. Nothing? Nada?

Went to the Shure booth today, no new headphones besides the SE115. Also met Jude and Ed at the Senn booth and took a (brief) listen to the HD800 (pics forthcoming). Unfortunately, I don't have detailed impressions because I was just buzzing through, but they sounded great. $1400 great? That I don't know... Also stopped by the Ultrasone room and had a hilarious conversation with an Ultrasone rep who thought it was very important to spend 10 minutes with us knocking the HD800 while we were looking at the Ed8.

Pictures to come once I'm back at home.

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went to the Shure booth today, no new headphones besides the SE115. Also met Jude and Ed at the Senn booth and took a (brief) listen to the HD800 (pics forthcoming). Unfortunately, I don't have detailed impressions because I was just buzzing through, but they sounded great. $1400 great? That I don't know... Also stopped by the Ultrasone room and had a hilarious conversation with an Ultrasone rep who thought it was very important to spend 10 minutes with us knocking the HD800 while we were looking at the Ed8.

Thanks for the response. I was certain that Shure was going to answer the Westone 3 and IE8 with their own new reference IEM. But honestly, I just can not wait for the shoot-out between the HD800 and Edition8. Its been a long wait at the OK Corral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back