Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Dec 10, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #766 of 1,140
man i simply do not get the whole idea about the skyn it makes the iphones not portable anymore, so long 

centrance should have opted to a thicker design than this long design , just sharing my opinion

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #767 of 1,140
  man i simply do not get the whole idea about the skyn it makes the iphones not portable anymore, so long 

centrance should have opted to a thicker design than this long design , just sharing my opinion

there was the vmoda VAMP and Verza (via Venturecraft), but they didnt seem to stand the test of time.

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #768 of 1,140
  there was the vmoda VAMP and Verza (via Venturecraft), but they didnt seem to stand the test of time.

This is very true (as I own both).

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #770 of 1,140
  Thanks for posting the pic. That definitely looks better / cleaner than the sample they posted up on the IGG site awhile ago. I think I'll probably end up sticking with the black. Cheers

Well, the pic is a lot brighter than real live, so it looks a lot darker in person.  This is why I thought it was black under all the wrappings.  You can't go wrong with either trans gray or black.

BTW, for all you iPT 5th Gen users, make sure you use that included rubber padding with your Skyn, and not to throw it away by accident thinking it is just another micro fiber cloth.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #771 of 1,140
Also, I did some quick test between the Skyn, AK120 with the Glove Audio A1 (balanced), and AK240 (balanced) with my JH Layla, and I can tell you all that you definitely get your money's worth with the Skyn (almost equal to the A1 and only a hair under the AK240.)  Too bad I don't have an AK380 or AK320, otherwise the comparison will be even closer spec wise.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #772 of 1,140
  Also, I did some quick test between the Skyn, AK120 with the Glove Audio A1 (balanced), and AK240 (balanced) with my JH Layla, and I can tell you all that you definitely get your money's worth with the Skyn (almost equal to the A1 and only a hair under the AK240.)  Too bad I don't have an AK380 or AK320, otherwise the comparison will be even closer spec wise.

That's great to hear!  I should be getting mine today or tomorrow and am excited to finally have it in my hands and test it out.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #773 of 1,140
  That's great to hear!  I should be getting mine today or tomorrow and am excited to finally have it in my hands and test it out.

Can't wait.  The whole setup feels a bit like an old school candy bar phone of the old, and the background is virtually black.  Even my A1 in balanced you can still hear a tiny bit of noise.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #776 of 1,140
Did the Apple software update just break the Skyn sync mode?  I can't get it to connect for some reason.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #779 of 1,140
Does that little pad just sit between the back of the Skyn and the back of the iPod?

Yes, and there is a line out in the middle for placement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back