Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Dec 14, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #782 of 1,140
  Did the Apple software update just break the Skyn sync mode?  I can't get it to connect for some reason.

I updated my ipod touch 5G to OS 9.2.

Connected to the Hifi Skyn with no problems.

(I haven`t updated the ipod touch 6G).

--------------------------------------------------------

My initial impressions are positive.

M.Goodmans description of a sound alike to the Centrance Hifi-M8 is quite accurate.

The Centrance Skyn is quite a powerful wee beast, and the sound quality has the wow factor I am used to from Centrance products.....but early days yet. I am hoping it opens up even more with a few hours on it.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #783 of 1,140
Dec 14, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #785 of 1,140
Anyone know how to hard reset the Skyn itself?  My iPT syncs with iTunes on its own, but only charge with Skyn on or off.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #786 of 1,140
NVM, got back from CEntrance that the Skyn does NOT support wired sync when the iPT is in the device (my package has no manual.)  This is a minor issue that I can live with.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #789 of 1,140
NVM, got back from CEntrance that the Skyn does NOT support wired sync when the iPT is in the device (my package has no manual.)  This is a minor issue that I can live with.  Thanks for clearing that up.
Ah good thats all cleared up.

Now I understand what your issue was.
:)

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #790 of 1,140
It's quite disappointed to see the packaging is as what we've see in the Indiegogo update, I thought CEntrance has got the approval from the fruit company. The packaging might not important though, but it wouldn't be nice if this is a gift for a friend.

I am guessing they will do so in due time.

The Hifi-m8 came in a similar box as i was an early adopter. The mini-m8 had the advertised sleeve.
It's good to see some Skyns finally rolling out anyways.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #791 of 1,140
Dec 15, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #793 of 1,140
Dec 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #794 of 1,140
Listening to my latest headphone acquisition (Audeze EL-8 Open) from the Hifi-Skyn playing Planet Drum by Mickey Hart on Tidal.  The Hifi-Skyn drives the EL-8 with authority on medium gain.  Very impressed with the Skyn so far. Worth the (very long) wait. YMMV.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #795 of 1,140
  Listening to my latest headphone acquisition (Audeze EL-8 Open) from the Hifi-Skyn playing Planet Drum by Mickey Hart on Tidal.  The Hifi-Skyn drives the EL-8 with authority on medium gain.  Very impressed with the Skyn so far. Worth the (very long) wait. YMMV.

Totally.  BTW, "medium" is actually the gain level for line out (left is "IEM", and right is "Overhead Headphone".)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back