Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Apr 13, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #541 of 1,140
Problem is those eq apps only work for music stored on phone. to my knowledge those eq apps do not work with Tidal etc.... If I am wrong someone please point me to this magical app and I will buy it right now :)

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #543 of 1,140
so guys i was wondering is we can buy any external storage accessory that can be connected to the skyn to increase the capacity of storage since i guess the skyn has the micro usb plug to get charged, so do u think an external storage accessory can be plugged there which then the iphone will recognize

also why on indegoo can i not add more than one perk at a time, why do i have to purchase each perk separaetly

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #544 of 1,140
I hope everything's doing fine in terms of schedule. We haven't had any updates for ten days now. Maybe they're just busy so they can get us the Skyns in no delays. I hope there's no change in ETA. Michael's update from 14 days ago states "First production is being scheduled for the last week of April.” Stoked.

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #545 of 1,140
I hope everything's doing fine in terms of schedule. We haven't had any updates for ten days now.

Michael Goodman clarified one detail of that update:

Michael Goodman said:
A couple of weeks ago we upgraded the product to a larger battery size to increase the play time.

me said:
What is the new battery capacity of the HiFi-Skyn?

Michael Goodman said:
We are looking at 3000mAh.

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #546 of 1,140
I hope everything's doing fine in terms of schedule. We haven't had any updates for ten days now. Maybe they're just busy so they can get us the Skyns in no delays. I hope there's no change in ETA. Michael's update from 14 days ago states "First production is being scheduled for the last week of April.” Stoked.

I dunno man, I'm not quite as optimistic. Based on the click and the number of qualifiers I'm seeing Micahel use in general, I would expect at least a small delay. Hope I'm wrong, but it's understandable considering the complexity of this product.

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #548 of 1,140
the idea of this skyn sound good, but they opted in my opinion for a wrong design, especially for the iphone 6 plus with the skyn the iphone will look ridiculous and becomes to strange too handle as a phone. They should have opted for a thicker design and kept the length of the skyn the same as the iphone. 

another thing i keep asking why did they not add those nice bass boost and trebele boost as in the m8

also with all the changes in the iphone design, i think it would have benefited centrance to find a way to fit the skyn to many phones inclding android and make it a universal design that can be changed according to ones phone. I just can not imagine just becuase of a peiece of plastic design that the dac/amp part will be obselete once i change to another phone

Anyway I am so on the edge of making the decsion of whether to buy this or not, but i know for a fact that with the iphone 6 plus I will not be able to use my iphone as my daily phone

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #549 of 1,140
Originally Posted by hykhleif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 They should have opted for a thicker design and kept the length of the skyn the same as the iphone. 

It's already done that way. The back portion of the Skyn is the battery pack. If you put the Amp portion together with that pack, it would be significantly thicker like your generic brick. Might as well buy another generic amp and velcro that with your phone as what everyone is doing currently. Also consider that the lightning socket is at the bottom of the phone. Although I see where you're going if you consider the humongous size of the 6 Plus. But for the other iPhones, I think the Skyn's design is spot on.

another thing i keep asking why did they not add those nice bass boost and trebele boost as in the m8

That's a great suggestion for Version 2. And imho, balanced input. But we don't know what are the size constraints that the CEntrance team is currently dealing with. If we keep on asking, I'm sure they'll put this in their next plan as long as we don't defy the laws of Physics.

i think it would have benefited centrance to find a way to fit the skyn to many phones inclding android and make it a universal design that can be changed according to ones phone.

It's been discussed in previous posts here. When this iPhone Version project is done, the Android version is also being considered. But with Android phones coming in different dimensions and sizes, I wonder how can this be done. So back to my 'generic external amp' suggestion.

Anyway I am so on the edge of making the decsion of whether to buy this or not

Fair enough. It's not for everyone. If money is no object, I'd probably go for the amp to rule all amps that's been purged in fires of Mount Doom: the Chord Hugo... and be done with it. :)

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #550 of 1,140
  the idea of this skyn sound good, but they opted in my opinion for a wrong design, especially for the iphone 6 plus with the skyn the iphone will look ridiculous and becomes to strange too handle as a phone. They should have opted for a thicker design and kept the length of the skyn the same as the iphone. 

also with all the changes in the iphone design, i think it would have benefited centrance to find a way to fit the skyn to many phones inclding android and make it a universal design that can be changed according to ones phone. I just can not imagine just becuase of a peiece of plastic design that the dac/amp part will be obselete once i change to another phone

Anyway I am so on the edge of making the decsion of whether to buy this or not, but i know for a fact that with the iphone 6 plus I will not be able to use my iphone as my daily phone

during the campaign we all toyed with the idea of re-skinning the Skÿn when you change your phone. But that is not feasible. So instead you can buy a second skÿn for the reduced price once during the campaign and use the "voucher" so to say when you change your phone. 

A Skÿn for Android or a "generic" one is certainly an idea that might be done AFTER this one sees the light of day....

Cheers,
K

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #552 of 1,140
HAs anyone heard any updates... Last I heard according to their facebook page they were planning to ship the 12th of this month well that has come and gone and no updates that I am aware of ... Anyone else have the scoop?

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #553 of 1,140
HAs anyone heard any updates... Last I heard according to their facebook page they were planning to ship the 12th of this month well that has come and gone and no updates that I am aware of ... Anyone else have the scoop?

If you're one of the fund supporters, you'll be getting notification to the updates :D . Michael just gave an update a few hours ago. :cool:

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #554 of 1,140
If you're one of the fund supporters, you'll be getting notification to the updates
biggrin.gif
. Michael just gave an update a few hours ago.
cool.gif

What a tease
wink_face.gif
The latest update says something along the lines of production beginning in Asia the second week of May. I wouldn't think units will start getting shipped until June at the earliest. I'll admit the wait is killing me.

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #555 of 1,140

What a tease
wink_face.gif
The latest update says something along the lines of production beginning in Asia the second week of May. I wouldn't think units will start getting shipped until June at the earliest. I'll admit the wait is killing me.

Yep, the wait is killing me too. Just got 2 new pairs of headphones including the Oppo PM3 and am desperate for a decent DAC/amp to use for travel/work. Having to really fight off the urge to buy something else for the interim. It's great that Centrance are thorough though, but the downside is trying to be patient and not buy something else. This hobby is so addictive - and expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back