Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Feb 25, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #498 of 1,140
I have been following this campaign for few days and cannot make up my mind. would be great if you all audiophiles could help.
Case against Hifi Skyn, size with phone is a factor. Capacity of iPhone is a limiting factor.
Why is a DAP like ibasso not preferred over skyn, it will have much larger capacity, small size and extra options for output. there is no huge difference in price.
I have no idea about DAC in ibasso or whether it has an inbuilt amp.
Me and two of my friends have been debating and its now or never situation.
Any sort of input is much appreciated

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #499 of 1,140
Power, battery life, low cost, latest DAC, iPhone integration, optional second future proof unit, less bugs on the firmware and iOS, just to name a few compare to the DX90.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #500 of 1,140
I have the dx90 and as far as sound quality I am done. The 90 is amazing, I got the skyn just so that I could use my iPhone with tidal, and also curious about the new dac chip.
[/quote]

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #501 of 1,140
If you slip your iPhone into the case, it's just one piece. Sure it's longer, but not bulkier, so it's easier for traveling/commuting (using a bag, unless you insist on putting it in your pants pockets.)

CEntrance is a reputable company, so there's a very good chance that the DAC/Amp will be nearly or as good as the other products it offers.

You'll be using your iPhone, with which you can use iTunes, Spotify, TIDAL etc. You can't really answer calls with a DAP, or go online, or anything else except play music. The Skyn basically makes your iPhone a DAP again.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #503 of 1,140
  Is 4 months tidal subscription available to anyone who supported this campaign?

I believe not any longer.  see the Updates section where MG stated that due to Tidal being bought up, no new subsciptions were being accepted via the perk.
and it's been removed from the Skyn IGG page.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #505 of 1,140
  If you slip your iPhone into the case, it's just one piece. Sure it's longer, but not bulkier, so it's easier for traveling/commuting (using a bag, unless you insist on putting it in your pants pockets.)

CEntrance is a reputable company, so there's a very good chance that the DAC/Amp will be nearly or as good as the other products it offers.

You'll be using your iPhone, with which you can use iTunes, Spotify, TIDAL etc. You can't really answer calls with a DAP, or go online, or anything else except play music. The Skyn basically makes your iPhone a DAP again.

WELL-PLAYED sir!!!!

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #506 of 1,140
  1. mikemercer  Sold me on two items last week , EL8 and Hifi Skyn, Im downing the Kool Aid all in on his words... Now I sit as time slows down and wait for delivery. Hopefully I will be able to have some first impression by the end of the month...Fingers crossed

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #508 of 1,140
Hi - would be very keen to know what headphones you plan to use the Skyn with ... please add to the list below ...

• Audeze EL-8 >
  • Audeze LCD-2 >
  • Audeze LCD-3 >
  • Audeze LCD-X >
  • Oppo PM-1 or PM-2 > 1
  • Oppo PM-3 >
  • Beyerdynamic T1 > 
  • Beyerdynamic T51i or T51p > 1

Please feel free to add other headphones to the list above

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #509 of 1,140
If this is as powerful as the M8 like they say here, then I believe anything 300ohms (HD800) and below would sing well with the Skyn. What I'm curious is if this tiny rocket can make the 600 ohm Beyerdynamic T1 bring out the quality it needs and not just loud enough for listening levels. With that Amp Extreme and new DAC that's being talked about, makes me wonder if it's awesome enough for the T1.

Can't wait.

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #510 of 1,140
  Hi - would be very keen to know what headphones you plan to use the Skyn with ... please add to the list below ...

• Audeze EL-8 >
  • Audeze LCD-2 >
  • Audeze LCD-3 >
  • Audeze LCD-X >
  • Oppo PM-1 or PM-2 > 1
  • Oppo PM-3 >
  • Beyerdynamic T1 > 
  • Beyerdynamic T51i or T51p > 1

Please feel free to add other headphones to the list above

I'm looking forward to trying the Extreme with my HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back