Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Feb 23, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #483 of 1,140
@mikemercer
You rate the glove as good as the aK240 in some regards. How would you rate the Skyn against the glove/Ak?

Hey Guys!

SO sorry I've been outta touch (dealing with Alexandra's health issues - and THANK YOU to ALL of you for the nice PMs there) - 

Just realized I haven't posted my official impressions piece on the HiFi-Skyn prototype that just went up on Positive Feedback 
(again, sorry the last 72 hours are a BLUR) - Thankfully, I got this submitted before the latest madness:

CEntrance Wraps iPhone in Hi-fi Player & Headphone Amp!

and - getting back to @Wyd4 - I wrote that piece based my experience with the HiFi-Skyn and a couple of my favorite tunes + cans.
I haven't dug into any comparisons - but, as stated in my article - I was/am VERY impressed w/ it! and I'll continue to post updates!

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #484 of 1,140
@mikemercer  Thanks for the impressions.  I look forward to wrapping my iPhone 6 Plus in a Hi-Fi Skyn and playing some tunes...and then checking out the reactions when I take a call with an 8 inch phone case pressed against my face 
basshead.gif

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #485 of 1,140
Hey Guys!

SO sorry I've been outta touch (dealing with Alexandra's health issues - and THANK YOU to ALL of you for the nice PMs there) - 

Just realized I haven't posted my official impressions piece on the HiFi-Skyn prototype that just went up on Positive Feedback 
(again, sorry the last 72 hours are a BLUR) - Thankfully, I got this submitted before the latest madness:

CEntrance Wraps iPhone in Hi-fi Player & Headphone Amp!

and - getting back to @Wyd4
 - I wrote that piece based my experience with the HiFi-Skyn and a couple of my favorite tunes + cans.
I haven't dug into any comparisons - but, as stated in my article - I was/am VERY impressed w/ it! and I'll continue to post updates!

Hi mike.

Never apologise for putting family first. We expect nothing else.
I wish you and your wife the very best!!

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #486 of 1,140
Just paid for one with the upgraded amp and DAC, has anyone have any experience with this DAC ?

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #487 of 1,140
Just paid for one with the upgraded amp and DAC, has anyone have any experience with this DAC ?

EDIT: misread your post, sorry.

It's in DAC years a pretty new one being released in May 2014 - so cutting edge tech. Not sure how many implementations are already out there. 

http://www.akm.com/akm/en/aboutus/news/20140501AK4490_001/
http://www.akm.com/file.jsp?id=273638

Cheers,
K

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #489 of 1,140
  Giant kudos to Michael Mercer -- thank you, Michael! We are humbled to hear your positive feedback.

Oh NO

KUDOS to you Mr. Goodman!

It's rare when a company constantly puts out quality - that you don't rush, and you keep in-touch with your users.
Consistency is a true virtue  - especially in consumer electronics!
That's the reason I was proud to join your team for a little while after reviewing the DACport years ago!

I'm psyched for you - and, selfishly - for me!
I'm pumped to get my final version!

I also got my friends Vince and Kevin into the HiFi-Skyn!
They heard the prototype (both have iPhone 5s) and they bought em!

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #491 of 1,140
On a non sales nor technical topic-

Realized my avatar has a reference overlap with CEntrance!
First member to PM me the commonality gets $1 via PayPal.
smily_headphones1.gif

slightly off topic and a self-reply but to end the lack of suspense:
$0 paid out.  

Answer (of no interest) =
Jimmy Corrigan, Smartest Kid on Earth.
scene:  World's Fair/Expo in Chicago, 1893.

overlap:  CEntrance in Chicago, modern day.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #493 of 1,140
Charging the HiFi-Skyn prototype right now...

Gonna fire it up w/ my Alpha Primes - really dug it w/ my Momentums, Audeze LCD-XC, EL-8 open-back - 
so we'll see! Maybe a sunrise sesh is in-order!!

report on that asap,
and gonna try it w/ my Audio-Technica ATH-50x (sorry, love em still - 
biggrin.gif
 ) too. 
In like 5 min...

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #495 of 1,140
Wow-

This has been a sincere pleasure - blissin' out to some tunes in the early-morning, couldn't sleep...

Don't get me wrong - I listened to this lil' system before (HiFi-Skyn + WyWires Red + Alpha Primes) and it was also very impressive then!
W/ a clear head - 
biggrin.gif

and even though I'm still up - that also means the Earth is quieter around me - not for long now though!!

Listening to everything from Nas to Tori Amos streaming via TIDAL - to Eskmo, The Swell Season, and Kele via my iTunes -  thru my iPhone 5:

Listening NOW - so Live Impression:

The sound has been consistently balanced, what some people would call "neutral" - but FAR from being too linear, or, boring to me quite frankly.
Yo La Tengo's "The Fireside" is so breezy, with the guitars soaring via all sorts of reverbs and echo-effects - the vocals bobbin' and weavin'' through
the minimal composition - though the sound is anything but...

It's lush, and vibrant.

That's been my experience with this combo tonight,
which gets a HUGE THUMBS UP from me!!

It's been a BLAST - and this prototype don't have one a dem Xtreme amps!!!!

This is  NO-BRAINER.

SPREAD THE WORD - I'm just sayin' it because a few of my friends, gettin' into better headphones, bought em - and, at $199 - some peeps should get the chance I did to get a KILLER deal.

You continue to out-due yourself Goodman.
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back