CEntrance Ampersand balanced portable headphone amplifier
Sep 26, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #151 of 172
random questions: @mgoodman

1. Is ampersand the smallest powerful headamp on the market.

2. If the battery fails will it still work?

I am looking for the most powerful/smallest headamp

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #153 of 172
Is this FULLY BALANCED Amp?
There aren't separate specs for the XLR and 6.3mm outputs, so probably not. Not that it matters whether an amp is balanced not, contrary to popular opinion.

Sep 26, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #154 of 172
There aren't separate specs for the XLR and 6.3mm outputs, so probably not. Not that it matters whether an amp is balanced not, contrary to popular opinion.
So the only advance is more power? Should I worry if the Mytek liberty Thx amp is not fully balanced? I doesn’t mean it is worse choice compared to some fully balanced amps? I don’t „lose” enything in terms of sound quality?

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #155 of 172
So the only advance is more power? Should I worry if the Mytek liberty Thx amp is not fully balanced? I doesn’t mean it is worse choice compared to some fully balanced amps? I don’t „lose” enything in terms of sound quality?
Put it this way: Do you think a cheap balanced amp would be better than a high-end single-ended model? Obviously not. And no, more power just requires a more powerful circuit.

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #157 of 172
Is this FULLY BALANCED Amp?
@Qna89 As you know their website doesn't list the spec for balanced amp.... I was curious too so I wrote the owner and this is the official reply to yours and my question.....

Yes the Ampersand is FULLY BALANCED Amp...
"
Thank you for your inquiry. Ampersand offers fully balanced circuitry and also, an industry first - automatic conversion from balanced to unbalanced and back.

Now you no longer have to worry about sources and headphone cables. Connect an unbalanced source and Ampersand will balance it for you. Or connect a balanced source and use unbalanced headphones. Ampersand will automatically align everything to perfect your listening experience.

Of course, if you come in balanced and exit balanced - you have the best performance option.

Thanks,

Michael Goodman
Founder, CEO
CEntrance "

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #158 of 172
@Qna89 As you know their website doesn't list the spec for balanced amp.... I was curious too so I wrote the owner and this is the official reply to yours and my question.....

Yes the Ampersand is FULLY BALANCED Amp...
"
Thank you for your inquiry. Ampersand offers fully balanced circuitry and also, an industry first - automatic conversion from balanced to unbalanced and back.

Now you no longer have to worry about sources and headphone cables. Connect an unbalanced source and Ampersand will balance it for you. Or connect a balanced source and use unbalanced headphones. Ampersand will automatically align everything to perfect your listening experience.

Of course, if you come in balanced and exit balanced - you have the best performance option.

Thanks,

Michael Goodman
Founder, CEO
CEntrance "
thank You :)

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #159 of 172
thank You :)
No problem... I thought it was balanced and wanted to answer your original question but due to it not on the web site I didn't want to take the chance and tell you wrong... I have several portable amps but the two with the most power is my Diablo and now the Ampersand... just to let you know... the size of the Ampersand is about like a cigarette pack size/format... I have the Ampersand stacked with the fiio M15s.... I like that I can change the sound sig via several options on the M15s and then just feed the LO into the Amp and get the power I need... The Diablo I use mainly with a Iphone and it does a good job also... its format is more like a fat iphone...
The other issue is the verbaige of " balanced " being probably the most abused word in the world of Audio... example - A fully balanced DAC is different than a fully balanced AMP and of course a fully balanced cable.... fully balanced can mean several things depending on the subject matter...

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #160 of 172
No problem... I thought it was balanced and wanted to answer your original question but due to it not on the web site I didn't want to take the chance and tell you wrong... I have several portable amps but the two with the most power is my Diablo and now the Ampersand... just to let you know... the size of the Ampersand is about like a cigarette pack size/format... I have the Ampersand stacked with the fiio M15s.... I like that I can change the sound sig via several options on the M15s and then just feed the LO into the Amp and get the power I need... The Diablo I use mainly with a Iphone and it does a good job also... its format is more like a fat iphone...
The other issue is the verbaige of " balanced " being probably the most abused word in the world of Audio... example - A fully balanced DAC is different than a fully balanced AMP and of course a fully balanced cable.... fully balanced can mean several things depending on the subject matter...
Diablo vs Ampersand. Would appreciate your impressions. I have the Diablo and am thinking about the Ampersand. Thanks.

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #161 of 172
Any european seller of ampersand?

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #163 of 172
Just spent a few days with this stack:

Fiio m11plus + Centrance Ampersand + Ananda Nano

It's amazing how having a proper amp can do. the soundstage of my Ananda nano became bigger, and the details became more pronounced without being too analytical.

Thanks to Michael for coming far to Jakarta and spent his time talking to me during the PAPI event.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the cover for ampersand at that time Otherwise I'd bought it also.

What's great is that even though it looked like it should weigh more than it looked like, it weighs less than my m11plus

Dec 5, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #165 of 172
Hi, has someone been running an Hifiman HE-6 or Susvara on the big little thing?
I'm curious how it sounds out of it. Besides, is there any review/comparison of this amp? I'd be more than glad to read it because it seems like Centrance is kind of a rare entry on the internet. More of a pro kind of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back