CD900ST pics and short review
Jul 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #31 of 47
haha jh13 is has deeper bass more forgiving, better isolation, more comfortable and more poisonous as in you will not want to remove it once you start the music. and it pairs well with all amps.

CD900st is more analytical let me hear all the flaws of many recordings and any fault in my audio DSP research in uni.

so i have one for enjoyment and one for analyzing.

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #33 of 47
Haha are you a fan of sony(looking at your sony vaio pocket)? Yeah find someone who has and try it!

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #34 of 47
Not especially but the Vaio pocket is still a pretty good DAP
smily_headphones1.gif

I live in France and this can seems very rare in Europe
frown.gif
So i'll probably end up buying it from a cheap Japanese seller...

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #35 of 47
haha. good luck in your buy! the new laptops have no hiss in the headphone out. enjoy the hiss free sound maybe you can purchase a cd900st from him too!

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #36 of 47
The Vaio is not a laptop FYI, it's a mp3 player
wink.gif

I have a brand new Dell laptop and you're right i haven't noticed any hiss...
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the headphones i think i'll make the buy in September, it will be either the CD900 or a used Stax... tough choice
k701smile.gif

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Vaio is not a laptop FYI, it's a mp3 player
wink.gif

I have a brand new Dell laptop and you're right i haven't noticed any hiss...
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the headphones i think i'll make the buy in September, it will be either the CD900 or a used Stax... tough choice
k701smile.gif

wow STAX! for really fast and enjoyment headphones the STAX FTW. for analyzing and referencing the cd900st!
smily_headphones1.gif
Tried omega 2 with the matched amp really a luxury!

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #38 of 47
Yeah exactly but here's the dilemma, a guy here at head-fi says he prefers the CD900st to the Omega II for acoustic and classical! It's his favourite headphone for this specific genre. So I know the Stax are way faster but the CD900 seems to be one of the most accurate headphones!

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah exactly but here's the dilemma, a guy here at head-fi says he prefers the CD900st to the Omega II for acoustic and classical! It's his favourite headphone for this specific genre. So I know the Stax are way faster but the CD900 seems to be one of the most accurate headphones!

I'm sure he will get flamed for that comment.. Albeit, I do remember a head fier say the same thing about the him prefering acoustics of the DT48 over the Omega's.. Same head fier? Don't know.. Either way, he will get flamed for it. Are the Stax really way faster then the CD900? I know Shamu thinks his DT48e with the Larvy11 is faster then his 303/313 combo..

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #40 of 47
I don't think he owns the T48. I guess the DT48 is quite faster than the CD900 given all the comments i read on the appreciation thread. The CD900 is slower than the DT880 and the SA5000 for example. But tonally i'm sure it's in the same league as the DT48.

Edit: I dreamt of the CD900 last night, and it sounded great haha! I really need to buy this can
beyersmile.png

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #41 of 47
wow listening to music while sleeping without headphones that is wonderful luxury. I wish i could do that.

you can buy from soundhouse japan which has the cheapest price and they have the dedicated amp made for this headphone too.

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #44 of 47
When i was in Japan for a week, CD900st was the most commonly seen in the stores which made me wonder if the Japanese likes this headphone alot

Oct 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #45 of 47
It is definitely much more transparent and brighter but less soundstage than ES7.
comapred to JH13, it has less deep bass and less transparency in the highs due to the more forward vocals which mask some of the details in the highs...

This is a headphone more for vocal production due to the details revealed. cos when i use JH13 I could hear my voice through my body whereas using headphone i dont hear voice through my body which affects tone control of voice.

Quote:
behwatch: i was wondering how the CD900ST compares with your ES7, which i owned too. I'd like to know especially if the CD900 sounds as dark or is clearer/more transparent? And compared to your JH13? (never tried them, i'm just curious
smily_headphones1.gif
)

This can is also used in radio stations
YouTube - Havoc Interview with Tony Touch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back