CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #2,821 of 3,770
Aug 20, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #2,822 of 3,770
Aug 20, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,824 of 3,770
I have kz AZ09 and find it suck. Sound quality is okay, but bluetooth connection is typical KZ. It keeps dropping even when my bluetooth transmitter is about 1 feet away from the module. Design wise, I like it better than trn bt20s pro and having a cut out inside so the IEM doesn't get smudged when closing the lid is very nice.

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #2,825 of 3,770
Yes definitely. The reason I've stuck to KZ thus far in my ChiFi journey is the obvious presence of mechanical engineers and CAD design in the shells, and tooling. This is the only way to really get the unit costs down and keep quality high. A lot of these opaque sets selling between 150-500 look to be all hand assembled with more expensive knowles and sonion branded drivers. KZ's on house brand of components is where they bring the magic on producing $25 pairs that sound like $100 pairs.

I read somewhere that KZ's L <> R channel tolerance was measuring with negligible difference and I believe it. I've had zero QC issues in the slightest on anything I've ordered from KZ / CCA. (knock on wood!)
KZ and their daughter company CCA definitely have a higher level of QC compared to many other Chi-fi brands, even while maintaining aggressively competitive pricing and rapid product development. Because of this, even when I disagree with their tuning decisions, I can still respect them as a company. They're trying to deliver on their claims to their customers. Their pricing also seems to fluctuate less than other brands. TRN, for example, usually drops their pricing by a third within a couple months of launch, whereas KZ and CCA tend to maintain their original, still competitive pricing until they have other competing sets to launch, then they begin dropping pricing to maintain sales without losing money.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #2,826 of 3,770
Couldn't resist the temptation of a $20 MST IEM. Now the wait begins #NRA😄

Aug 27, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #2,827 of 3,770
DSC09096.jpg

A very late review of the CCA CSN is up on my blog:
https://medium.com/bedrock-reviews/cca-csn-review-4dbf50375935

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #2,829 of 3,770
I have kz AZ09 and find it suck. Sound quality is okay, but bluetooth connection is typical KZ. It keeps dropping even when my bluetooth transmitter is about 1 feet away from the module. Design wise, I like it better than trn bt20s pro and having a cut out inside so the IEM doesn't get smudged when closing the lid is very nice.
KZ is getting better at this bluetooth thing along with TWS side,
Its old TWS sounds good but sucks at every other aspect.

Its getting better but its not there yet, especially if you compared to Chi-fi TWS mainstay like Haylou or Soundpeats who might have slightly less in sq but aced every other aspect.

Aug 28, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #2,830 of 3,770
$23 for a Electrostat? Gotta try it. Ordered
(it is an magnetostat, not an electrostat btw, but that price is indeed very low for such a driver.)

Aug 30, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #2,833 of 3,770
Nice one and when they don't even post a graph it's quite worrying but at least it is very inexpensive.

Haha but I guess majority of the time the store provided graphs are not too legit. Like they are creatively stretched really wide to smooth out peaks and troughs.

Aug 30, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #2,834 of 3,770
Haha but I guess majority of the time the store provided graphs are not too legit. Like they are creatively stretched really wide to smooth out peaks and troughs.
Their graphs are usually not good looking anyway but still....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back