CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 31, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #796 of 3,770
Forget that review and tell me how I can get those into my ears ASAP :)

Look shiny!

wow.. thanks for the recommendations. May wish to try get it one day
But how is it so far ? it look like its gonna fall off easily in the ears?...

Funny you asked! :wink:

I am trying a new DIY earphone, which I bought through taobao: BCD HIFI micro-drivers.
So, the story goes; A few weeks ago I received a head-fi email from an unknown member telling me that he's a reviewer from the Ukraine. He claims that the BCD HIFI can outperform many single dynamics in the lower price range and can compete with more expensive ones costing up to 1000. Now, he never mentions if it's in dollars, but I can only assume, since he knows I'm a reviewer from America, but living in China. For the price, they are "dirt-cheap" here in China only costing me 53 RMB ($7.67 US dollars)!
...They are not the loudest, but so far they outperformed most of my Chi-FI IEM's with an incredible balanced sound signature! :cry:

Sub-bass: Incredible
Midrange: Clear and beautiful
Treble: Clearly detailed and clean
Soundstage: Awesome!

I will write a review on them maybe by next week on the Chi-Fi thread!

-Clear

May 31, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #797 of 3,770
wow.. thanks for the recommendations. May wish to try get it one day
But how is it so far ? it look like its gonna fall off easily in the ears?...

I think it really depends on how far you can squeeze them into your ears :)

In general am shoving my IEMs in like earplugs and I happen to have a similar tiny built pair, those nearly vanish completely

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 12.26.29 PM.png

May 31, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #799 of 3,770
Thoughts on the C16. Summary? :thumbsup:

Generally what I hear from mine too.:v:

Its pretty neutral, with a very, very shallow V/U whatever one may call it. Very gently elevated bass and treble when listened a moderate to loud volumes. But the treble area does exhibit sibilance on some tracks once you go beyond a certain threshold in volume. At low to mid volumes, that is not an issue at all.

Wonder if you have that on yours ?

May 31, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #800 of 3,770
It's very rare for me to have sibilance with C16. The pression is most the problem with stock tips. I use other tips which is more thin

May 31, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #802 of 3,770
Just sharing something interesting.

Today I was listening to Nirvana's Nevermind, and on "Smells Like Teen Spirit" I heard something that remembered a documentary that I watched a few years ago about the Nevermind recording. The engeneer and producer were talking about how they mixed the "Hello / How low" part ... The several layers of Kurt's voice that they used on this phrase, and they played them separately on the mixing table ...
The detail revealing capacity of the C16 is amazing ! I could hear what I heard on the documentary !!!

May 31, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #803 of 3,770

I am trying a new DIY earphone, which I bought through taobao: BCD HIFI micro-drivers.
So, the story goes; A few weeks ago I received a head-fi email from an unknown member telling me that he's a reviewer from the Ukraine. He claims that the BCD HIFI can outperform many single dynamics in the lower price range and can compete with more expensive ones costing up to 1000. Now, he never mentions if it's in dollars, but I can only assume, since he knows I'm a reviewer from America, but living in China. For the price, they are "dirt-cheap" here in China only costing me 53 RMB ($7.67 US dollars)!
...They are not the loudest, but so far they outperformed most of my Chi-FI IEM's with an incredible balanced sound signature! :cry:

-Clear

how is the fit for it? saw the taobao page and the recommended fit style looks weird. The form factor is why I haven't gotten any Ety stuff yet, not sure if I'll like the depth insertion. This one looks more shallow than the usual triple-flange etys.

O1CN01IK0BxR1PYiOK26r1U_!!1663411853.jpg

May 31, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #804 of 3,770

-Clear

Looks very similar to the now discontinued classic Klipsch X10 and the sound description as well, if so then it a gem.

There are a few left on Ebay for $23.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232970334653

May 31, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #805 of 3,770
How are you liking the CCA CA4? There’s a deal right now on Amazon. $18 for the Blue with a 10% coupon. My finger is getting twitchy.

May 31, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #806 of 3,770
If you already have C10, I would stick with it. I feel it’s superior to the CA4, so going from a C10 to a CA4 would be a downgrade. Not a huge downgrade, but a downgrade nonetheless.

Don’t you think that’s enough of a reason to get a CA4? The damn things ship to your door for less than $19. It’s worth it alone for the anticipation of receiving another package. That’s always fun.

Plus if they’re even a slight improvement over the ES4 they’re worth having for at bare minimum gym use

May 31, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #807 of 3,770
Don’t you think that’s enough of a reason to get a CA4? The damn things ship to your door for less than $19. It’s worth it alone for the anticipation of receiving another package. That’s always fun.

Plus if they’re even a slight improvement over the ES4 they’re worth having for at bare minimum gym use

Yeah, agreed. I mean, look at how much stuff I have! And I enjoy 99% of it.

I only brought up the point to @Veyska because she already had the C10. Depending on her interest in additional IEMs, the CA4 might be redundant and/or not an upgrade.

I mean, KZ/CCA is flooding the market with so much stuff, and a lot of it is quite similar. Some people are only interested in ‘upgrades’.

But I do agree with you. Sometimes it’s fun to get the new stuff simply out of curiosity, or because it’s so darn cheap, or as a backup/gym pair etc.

I will also add that for heavy sweating/gym use, I would personally recommend dynamics. Sweat kills BA drivers. And budget ChiFi stuff usually has 1-2 BA drivers mounted in the nozzle just under the screen. So it gets exposed to the sweat before anything else.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #808 of 3,770
I use my Serene hearing aid dryer, mostly for customs but also for iems since I have it

May 31, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #810 of 3,770
I use my Serene hearing aid dryer, mostly for customs but also for iems since I have it

Drying your IEMs out is awesome, and you’re doing better than 98% of people. It will extend the life.

However, drying them won’t remove the salt and mineral deposits that are left behind from the evaporated sweat. That’s more corrosive than the moisture itself.

Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to remove the deposits. It’s like cars during the winter in areas where they salt the roads. It’s the dried salt that sticks to the car that continues to cause corrosion, long after the moisture is gone.

E9C67F2D-3686-4DD2-8369-18074F358BE2.jpeg

That’s why I just avoid the problem altogether and don’t work out with my nice BA stuff. A cheap $10 hybrid KZ like the ZS4, ZST, ZSN? Sure, what do I care. A cheap dynamic? Even better. $300 IEM? I’ll save that for listening at home on the couch after my workout.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back