CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #556 of 3,770
What Vsonics do you own and when was the last time you listened to them to come to this conclusion?

The reason I'm asking is that your post got me curious so I brought out a few of mine that I was able to easily find (VSD2S, VSD3S and the GR07BE) and I must say that to my surprise they all hold up very well compared to what's on offer today. This is especially true if one care for a more organic and analog sound with great natural bass than the more digital and artificial one that many of todays sub $100 hybrids offer. For reference I find the VSD3S to be about on pair with the LZ-Z05A and quite a bit more enjoyable than any other Chinese hybrid I've heard in the sub $50 range. I don't remember the price of the VSD3S but I'm pretty sure they were cheaper than the LZ'd. In a similar way I finf the GR07BE to hold up perfectly fine against the Thenzh P4 Pro (that I paid lore for), just different sounding but definitely not worse. The VSD2S is the least good of the three but still enjoyable and they didn't cost much either iirc.

I'm getting the VS3 (or even the VS7) Iceberg now for sure, would love to try those with my balanced sources :)
Agree with the VSD2S, they were the least that I liked. But, the topic was more on the built quality where I had problems with a past GR07 falling apart on me with cable issues as another head-fier stated having heard the same issues. But, don't get me wrong, they were organic with good natural sounding bass, just as you stated. Though today, if I were to buy a vsonic, I rather aim a little higher and go for the VS7, VS9, or even the Ares, which the housing and cables are built a little different and better. But, the VS3 at such a fair price, it does look pretty tempting for a different quality built vsonic compared to their older past models.

Apr 25, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #558 of 3,770
I now own the CA4 and ZSN Pro and not much difference between them for anyone buying either in the future but the ZSN Pro is slightly easier to power.

HTB1YrbLSFzqK1RjSZFoq6zfcXXar.jpg

Looks like a new CCA is coming soon in the C16 / AS10 body but with Type "C" connectors. Supposed to be out early May and it is supposed to be above the C16 but it only says 5 BA so no idea.

Looks like a AS10 with maybe a different tuning.

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #559 of 3,770
For CCA C10, Type B is the right choice...

Would you have a link to a shop for this cable? This could be just what I need for my C10's. I have got sort of the same kind of cable for my TRN V80 set, and they sounded so much clearer in the high end.
A little more clarity would be a nice addition to a further very good sounding C10.

Thanks,
Lammert

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #560 of 3,770
Going to recant my comparison of KC2 with C10. Got to sit down last night and listen to some tracks over and over switching back and forth between the 2 and can just say that my first impressions of KC2 were wrong. C10 is warmer, and has quite a bit more bass impact and slam. KC2 is colder and faster with high mids and lower treble energy.

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #561 of 3,770
I assume, what might be happening is that it tends to "smooth-out" after the intended burn-in period, whether you've been listening to them well over 100 hours, or so. A mixture of a copper/silver detachable cable will bring it up to speed, as it definitely enhanced my C10 and made them sound even better with more clarity then the first time I heard them.

...several pages back, I've posted my C10's with the new mix copper/silver cables.
may have the link to that post??

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #562 of 3,770
Would you have a link to a shop for this cable? This could be just what I need for my C10's. I have got sort of the same kind of cable for my TRN V80 set, and they sounded so much clearer in the high end.
A little more clarity would be a nice addition to a further very good sounding C10.

Thanks,
Lammert
i have this cable....but somehow it doesnt seem to help

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #563 of 3,770
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #569 of 3,770
the C16 is stuffed with drivers, there is no space for two more, for the C20 they will have to use different design

This optimization of the area :fearful:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back