CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #468 of 3,770
Notice you have both **** and C16, how do they compare? Just based on graphes I saw C16 is bit more brighter and has leaner bass?

Bass on the C16 is more tight and less strong. **** has better defined detail, stronger and deeper bass with a bit of a mid-bass hump and some bleeding. **** has a 3D soundstage like a sphere around your head. **** has much more focused stereo imaging, things like short stereo delays sound great on it. **** is harder to drive and doesn't isolate as well. It can be worn over the ear to minimize microphonics.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #469 of 3,770
Bass on the C16 is more tight and less strong. **** has better defined detail, stronger and deeper bass with a bit of a mid-bass hump and some bleeding. **** has a 3D soundstage like a sphere around your head. **** has much more focused stereo imaging, things like short stereo delays sound great on it. **** is harder to drive and doesn't isolate as well. It can be worn over the ear to minimize microphonics.

So, the **** is better than C16 ? Or did I get it whrong ?

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #471 of 3,770
Ok here we go

IMG_20190416_155141.jpg

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #474 of 3,770
ok with slight EQ (reducing the mid bass, bump in the very low bass) that thing is very good, very clean and natural sounding, the bass is very impressive for BA set, it is very tight but is not the fastest BA bass (ER4S is faster) but still fast, the mids sound natural, not much color there, the treble is not very extended, it probably drop off after 12-13khz, the fit is nice, the build is nice, they have very good isolation, very sensitive (10 out of 37 on my dac is normal level with minus 6db gain for the EQ), soundstage is wide, they have dark background, the imaging is very good, overall i like them very much
about the ****, C16 has better more organic mids, **** has better treble extention and details, also the bass on **** is very good, more power, it moves a lot of air but i cant decide for now if it is better because i like BA bass too
but i will say if you have the **** stay there, it is that good

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #475 of 3,770
ok with slight EQ (reducing the mid bass, bump in the very low bass) that thing is very good, very clean and natural sounding, the bass is very impressive for BA set, it is very tight but is not the fastest BA bass (ER4S is faster) but still fast, the mids sound natural, not much color there, the treble is not very extended, it probably drop off after 12-13khz, the fit is nice, the build is nice, they have very good isolation, very sensitive (10 out of 37 on my dac is normal level with minus 6db gain for the EQ), soundstage is wide, they have dark background, the imaging is very good, overall i like them very much
about the ****, C16 has better more organic mids, **** has better treble extention and details, also the bass on **** is very good, more power, it moves a lot of air but i cant decide for now if it is better because i like BA bass too
but i will say if you have the **** stay there, it is that good

Thanks for this good non subjective impression. as i expected, they still suffer from mid bass bump and bleed just like CA10, wont buy it since i got ****, ZSN pro and C10 recently, but still always coming back to Kanas Pro

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #476 of 3,770
Thanks for this good non subjective impression. as i expected, they still suffer from mid bass bump and bleed just like CA10, wont buy it since i got ****, ZSN pro and C10 recently, but still always coming back to Kanas Pro
**** has mid bass bump too, but they have more sub bass, both need mid bass reduction to shine, i should point that i don't like mid bass bump at all, it has to be completely flat or with slight reduction, also the sub bass has to dominate the mid bass to sound correct to me (still good bass power but without touching the tonality of the mids), KP is the closest to my favorite sound signature but i still use mid bass reduction with them, but very small (around minus 2.5db), **** and C16 need around 3db down

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #478 of 3,770
So, the **** is better than C16 ? Or did I get it whrong ?

Of all the earphones that I own at the moment, which includes the C16, I'm using the **** as my daily driver, I'm enjoying its sound the most.

EDIT: Ranking the ones I have:
1 - ****
2 - C16
3 - ZS7
4 - AS10
5 - C10

And I do like all of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back