CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 4, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #646 of 3,770
What's the thing covering the nozzle? Seems to just be a filter...can I...remove it? Anyone done this?

jvzctWO.jpg

May 4, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #651 of 3,770
Possible to remove the dampener and add a tad bit of cotton as to dampen but not AS much? Lol...I love the C16 but the slight underwhelming amount of treble for having FOUR drivers is odd.
the treble is not very good quality, it can be improved with wide bore tips but can not be fixed, it sound unrealistic compered to some of my other in ears

May 4, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #652 of 3,770
on the topic of wide bore tips, would the KZ starline tips (size M) considered wide enough?

Starlines are a medium bore. Large bore would be Whirlwind/Turbo tips, Spiral Dots, Auvios, etc. Lots of good generic/inexpensive wide bore tips as well.

May 4, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #654 of 3,770
Starlines are a medium bore. Large bore would be Whirlwind/Turbo tips, Spiral Dots, Auvios, etc. Lots of good generic/inexpensive wide bore tips as well.
Is there a width in mm to be considered wide?

May 4, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #656 of 3,770
Hi

I tried my friend Kz zsn and rely like the bass. Just the right amount and highs are quite detail too.

However I don't really like zsn stage especially center depth. It sounds wide but very little depth. Most song I hear vocal inside my skull and that's not a way to enjoy music IMO. And the stage really collapse when playing any binaural track.

So, how does cc10 or any CCA compares to zsn?

May 4, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #657 of 3,770
So which cable is good for C16.

May 4, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #659 of 3,770
What's the thing covering the nozzle? Seems to just be a filter...can I...remove it? Anyone done this?

jvzctWO.jpg
I have one that fell off during cleaning...
If anything, it is a bit more clear sound without it, could not feel any changes in the frequency response/balance. Definitely, no "weird peaks" without it!
I believe the purpose of this screen is largely to keep dirt and ear wax out.
Actually, it is the lightest I've seen, so it does a very good job not interfering with the sound, in my opinion/perception, while it is quite fragile mechanically.
I like the design of AS10 with this filter deeper in the nozzle much more.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #660 of 3,770
Hi

I tried my friend Kz zsn and rely like the bass. Just the right amount and highs are quite detail too.

However I don't really like zsn stage especially center depth. It sounds wide but very little depth. Most song I hear vocal inside my skull and that's not a way to enjoy music IMO. And the stage really collapse when playing any binaural track.

So, how does cc10 or any CCA compares to zsn?

C10 has more bass and can get bloomy at times. Mids are warm, lush and smooth. Vocals both male and female are miles ahead of ZSN imo. Treble is more controlled and smooth. Stage is wider, deeper and separation is a bit better imo. ZSN strikes me as an energetic, W shape with forward upper mids and hairy treble while C10 is a smooth enjoyable U shape. Good for long time listening and all types of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back