CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #2,761 of 3,770
BAD news and GOOD news about the CCA CS16 and CCA CKX...

First, the bad! :thumbsdown::disappointed:
Several weeks ago, I had to return the CCA CS16 due to fit issues. They were just TOO BIG to fit in my ears. So, unfortunately I will not be doing a full review on them due to fitting issues. This is the first time something like this ever happened to me. Bummer!

Now, the good! :thumbsup::smile:
The CCA CKX continue to be one of my top 5 favorite IEM's of all-time. Best compact fit for a 14 drive unit at its price point. I just love the midrange! Can't get enough of that life-like mid-centric sound it sonically delivers! All the vocals and instruments played just seems to come alive! Well worth the price!...Though, the accessories could use an upgrade at that same price.

-Clear
Could you share what are your top 5 favorite IEMs? And ideally also the reason why?

Jun 28, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #2,763 of 3,770
Okay, I will reply with the results sometime this week...:thumbsup:
My current top two are the GS Audio GD7B and the CCA CKX. Likely to change as I buy some more expensive sets in the relatively near future...

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #2,764 of 3,770
Could you share what are your top 5 favorite IEMs? And ideally also the reason why?
My personal top 5 picks. Enjoy!

Note: There are some I basically like the same according to my top 5 picks, but not necessarily the same signature...

1. LZ A7 / MT300
They have good layering, texture, details, extension, and basically overall good sound and quality all around. Satisfies my sense of hearing 100%!

2. LZ A6 / NM2+ / NA2+
Sometimes I just crave for a bright signature and these three just get the job done right! And, though they may present the signature a little differently, with the right in-ear ear tips they present plenty of transparency and details!

3. Tanchjim Oxygen
Yes, I am a fan! They have the safest "easy going" signature and have overall some of the BEST TIMBRE in my book.

4. MT100
Incredible balance and lively presentation, QUALITY, and LOOKS.

5. CCA CKX
Totally blown away by the life-like sound and performance they express! VERY, VERY, COMPACT.

Final note:
It was a hard call, but overall these are my personal picks. Others may agree, or disagree, which is okay with me.

-Clear :ok_hand:

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #2,766 of 3,770
My personal top 5 picks...

Note: There are some I basically call EVEN in the ones I personally like category!!!

1. LZ A7 / MT300
They have good layering, texture, details, extension, and basically overall good sound and quality all around. Satisfies my sense of hearing 100%!

2. LZ A6 / NM2+ / NA2+
Sometimes I just crave for a bright signature and these three just get the job done right! And, though they may present the signature a little differently, with the right in-ear ear tips they present plenty of transparency and details!

3. Tanchjim Oxygen
Yes, I am a fan! They have the safest "easy going" signature and have overall some of the BEST TIMBRE in my book.

4. MT100

5. CCA CKX
Totally blown away by the life-like sound and performance they express! VERY, VERY, COMPACT.

Final note:
It was a hard call, but overall these are my personal picks. Others may agree, or disagree, which is okay with me.

Have you tried Moondrop Blessing 2?
Tanchjim Oxygen price is pretty close to Blessing 2 in my place.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #2,767 of 3,770
Do you have a PIC and a LINK on the GS Audio GD7B? ...I can't seem to find them on taobao.

-Clear
I actually made a thread for the brand and posted my review of the GD7B here. There's also a link in the review to a YouTube review from Akron, since I ordered mine with a different shell and wanted people to be able to see what the default looked like. I also wanted his channel to get some more traction. There's also a link to their AliExpress page there, which appears to be their only storefront as far as I'm aware. If you're comfortable with a nearly reference flat tuning with just a bit of upper treble roll-off, the GD7B is one of their best bang/buck IEMs, even at the new price of $172, since all of the BAs used are from Sonion and Knowles, contrary to their usual competitive series. I guess they wanted their first IEM listing to be a real showstopper.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #2,768 of 3,770
My personal top 5 picks...

Note: There are some I basically call EVEN in the ones I personally like category!!!

1. LZ A7 / MT300

2. LZ A6 / NM2+ / NA2+

3. Tanchjim Oxygen

4. MT100

5. CCA CKX

Final note:

I completely agree on the CKX. Just a little EQ and they're shockingly good value for how pleasant they sound. They aren't quite as resolving and their timbre isn't quite as natural as my GS Audio GD7B, but at a third the price and 2/3 the size, they definitely are one of the sets I rec for people looking to get into IEMs. There's a lot to be said for an IEM that can be comfortable for nearly anyone.

Jun 30, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #2,770 of 3,770
My personal top 5 picks. Enjoy!

Note: There are some I basically like the same according to my top 5 picks, but not necessarily the same signature...

1. LZ A7 / MT300

2. LZ A6 / NM2+ / NA2+

3. Tanchjim Oxygen

4. MT100

5. CCA CKX

Final note:

Thanks!
I am a happy owner of MT300 and it is my favorite iem as well, together with Tri I3. Curiously SFR just released MT500 with the same type of three drivers as Tri I3. I expect it to be another great sounding iem!
I wonder if anyone compared the CCA CKX with Moondrop Aria, that is a highly regarded new iem for a very similar price...

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #2,771 of 3,770
Thanks!
I am a happy owner of MT300 and it is my favorite iem as well, together with Tri I3. Curiously SFR just released MT500 with the same type of three drivers as Tri I3. I expect it to be another great sounding iem!
I wonder if anyone compared the CCA CKX with Moondrop Aria, that is a highly regarded new iem for a very similar price...
I have MT300 and TRI i3 in my top 5 as well. Here is my selection:
1. KBEAR Believe
2. TRI Starsea
3. TRI i3
4. MT300
5. CCA CKX/BQEYZ Summer

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #2,772 of 3,770
Have you tried Moondrop Blessing 2?
Tanchjim Oxygen price is pretty close to Blessing 2 in my place.
Oxygen is better if you value timbre and coherency.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #2,773 of 3,770
Thanks!
I have both and love them both xD. If you like smooth sounding IEM without any peaks in the treble that might bother you, the Aria is the one to get. If you like a more forward sounding presentation, the CKX is the one.
Now add another contender and a more fair match up against the Aria which is the Blon A8 prometheus (both cost around $70-80). This one sound pretty similar to the Aria. I have them both too. One thing tho, the prometheus is one weird looking iem, but the fit is pretty good.
20210630_085211.jpg

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #2,774 of 3,770
Just arrived, CA2. Quick impression is a strong V shape with good definition, there's a bit of a peak in the lower treble and bass approaches basshead levels. Sounds similar to the KBEAR KS2 with a good stage. More soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210702_153313.jpg
    IMG_20210702_153313.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back