CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 18, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #2,746 of 3,770
CKX is good, but at the same price $79.99 on amazon US, get the moondrop Aria instead imho.

Jun 18, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #2,748 of 3,770
CKX is good, but at the same price $79.99 on amazon US, get the moondrop Aria instead imho.
The CKX is a surprisingly capable set of near entry-level IEMs, though I did have to EQ it to tame some treble harshness. I got them because they were the smallest 2-pin IEM I could reasonably afford at the time. As far as that justification goes, it's still very small and comfortable and it's possible to forget you have them in if you're distracted when your album stops or your youtube video fails to autoplay to next.

I was mostly curious if CCA was intending to release a replacement tiny 2-pin IEM, because I'd be interested to see how they are.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #2,749 of 3,770
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #2,750 of 3,770
CSN or DQ6 at near same cost, which one would make more sense in terms of musicality? These will be mostly used via BT module while working out. Appreciate your help, thanks in advance. 🙂

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #2,751 of 3,770
CSN or DQ6 at near same cost, which one would make more sense in terms of musicality? These will be mostly used via BT module while working out. Appreciate your help, thanks in advance. 🙂
The DQ6 does everything better, I think it might be the best value iem. Its a bit V shaped and alot more detail/clarity with cleaner bass. CSN is relaxed, neutralish, doesn't come close to the detail/clarity in the DQ6, it has more bass but its a bit muddy.

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #2,752 of 3,770
The DQ6 does everything better, I think it might be the best value iem. Its a bit V shaped and alot more detail/clarity with cleaner bass. CSN is relaxed, neutralish, doesn't come close to the detail/clarity in the DQ6, it has more bass but its a bit muddy.
Those treble spikes give more clarity and details in DQ6 but that's not an issue for me. It would be helpful if you can also help with size and fit differences between the two.

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #2,753 of 3,770
If you like BAs and ZSN - CSN may work, more mighty bass than ZSN.
I feel some BA-DD disconnect with CSN due to its dominating bass, but not to any point being not enjoyable.
DQ6 are also great, some complain of trebly peaks, 3DDs sound a bit more unique.

Both are nice choices.

I can also add that somehow CA4 resonate most with me in this category due to its a bit more gentle W.

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #2,754 of 3,770
I feel some BA-DD disconnect with CSN due to its dominating bass, but not to any point being not enjoyable.
DQ6 are also great, some complain of trebly peaks, 3DDs sound a bit more unique.

Both are nice choices.

I can also add that somehow CA4 resonate most with me in this category due to its a bit more gentle W.
I've only tried the KZ ZS5 and CCA CKX. The CKX may be expensive compared to most of these, but it does sound surprisingly nice and detailed. It's got pretty close resolution compared to the TRI Starsea, it mainly just loses out in terms of timbre in the mids and highs, but not by as much as I had expected. The bass is more impactful on the CKX, but lacks some of the texture that the Starsea offers.

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #2,755 of 3,770
I've only tried the KZ ZS5 and CCA CKX. The CKX may be expensive compared to most of these, but it does sound surprisingly nice and detailed. It's got pretty close resolution compared to the TRI Starsea, it mainly just loses out in terms of timbre in the mids and highs, but not by as much as I had expected. The bass is more impactful on the CKX, but lacks some of the texture that the Starsea offers.
What is the price difference between CSN and CKX, three times at least, right?

I have ZAX, it is great (minus its BA bass) I do prefer all BAs for their resolution, the discussed "timbre problems" do not bother me.

So I am not planning to get CKX. I used to be a CAA fan, collecting "all their Pokemons", not anymore, they lost me.

C16 and CA4 are still the nicest of CCA offerings to me.

My recent debacle wirh TRI I3 and few others taught me that it is better to enjoy what you have and the music rather than trying to chase those unattainable unicorns wasting time, money and energy...

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #2,756 of 3,770
I like the DQ6 better. The CSN is good too, but it is larger so fit can be an issue for some people. My CSN has this echo going on inside the shell that I can hear very clearly when there is nothing playing when I clenching my teeth which is weird and interesting at the same time.

Jun 19, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #2,757 of 3,770
What is the price difference between CSN and CKX, three times at least, right?

I have ZAX, it is great (minus its BA bass) I do prefer all BAs for their resolution, the discussed "timbre problems" do not bother me.

So I am not planning to get CKX. I used to be a CAA fan, collecting "all their Pokemons", not anymore, they lost me.

C16 and CA4 are still the nicest of CCA offerings to me.

My recent debacle wirh TRI I3 and few others taught me that it is better to enjoy what you have and the music rather than trying to chase those unattainable unicorns wasting time, money and energy...
ZAX is a hybrid. CKX and ZAX is like 98% similar in sound imho. The build quality is a lot superior in the CKX (all metal vs resin), the CKX is also tiny like is how they fit all these drivers inside such a tiny shell.

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #2,758 of 3,770
CA2 in Pomegranate Red is on the way. Impressions as soon as possible.

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #2,759 of 3,770

Both are nice choices.

I like the DQ6 better. The CSN is good too, but it is larger so fit can be an issue for some people. My CSN has this echo going on inside the shell that I can hear very clearly when there is nothing playing when I clenching my teeth which is weird and interesting at the same time.

Thanks for your impressions guys. It seems DQ6 is a better overall for all its pros and cons. I guess DQ6 it will be.

Jun 26, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #2,760 of 3,770
BAD news and GOOD news about the CCA CS16 and CCA CKX...

First, the bad! :thumbsdown::disappointed:
Several weeks ago, I had to return the CCA CS16 due to fit issues. They were just TOO BIG to fit in my ears. So, unfortunately I will not be doing a full review on them due to fitting issues. This is the first time something like this ever happened to me. Bummer!

Now, the good! :thumbsup::smile:
The CCA CKX continue to be one of my top 5 favorite IEM's of all-time. Best compact fit for a 14 drive unit at its price point. I just love the midrange! Can't get enough of that life-like mid-centric sound it sonically delivers! All the vocals and instruments played just seems to come alive! Well worth the price!...Though, the accessories could use an upgrade at that same price.

-Clear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back