CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #1,756 of 3,770
Ah, gotcha.

What tips do you use? When I use tips with a longer stem (like FlipTips, SednaFit, etc), it spaces out the shell from my ear slightly. This allows me to significantly improve the fit of some shells (especially larger shells or shells that have some part that is hitting or pressing against something on my ear anatomy).

In that pic I'm using T400 foams IIRC.

I'm not a fan of most silicone tips and I've tried a quite a few. Off the top of my head: spiral dots, final, spinfit, sony mh75x, sony hybrids, triple comforts, kz starlines, westone starlines, shure silicone, auvio, whirlwinds, some generic ones we traded lol, etc. Only have yet to try maybe the ostry tuning tips, flare audio and azla.

I no longer have those ZSN's or I'd try it with my new TS400 4.9mm bore foam tips.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #1,757 of 3,770
In that pic I'm using T400 foams IIRC.

I'm not a fan of most silicone tips and I've tried a quite a few. Off the top of my head: spiral dots, final, spinfit, sony mh75x, sony hybrids, triple comforts, kz starlines, westone starlines, shure silicone, auvio, whirlwinds, some generic ones we traded lol, etc. Only have yet to try maybe the ostry tuning tips, flare audio and azla.

I no longer have those ZSN's or I'd try it with my new TS400 4.9mm bore foam tips.

Yeah if you’re using memory foams that would pretty much trump the fit of any silicone tip because it conforms to your ear canal.

The CA16 shell looks huge. So if the ZSN/C12 style shell barely fits you, I highly doubt the CA16 will :frowning2:

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #1,758 of 3,770
This review is doing justice to TRN VX and has a comparison to CCA CA16. Describes differences quite well.
For my music choices CA16 getting more ear-time, but I don't want to repeat myself from earlier in this thread. Instead, just note that I agree with much there:

Jul 10, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #1,759 of 3,770
Yeah if you’re using memory foams that would pretty much trump the fit of any silicone tip because it conforms to your ear canal.

The CA16 shell looks huge. So if the ZSN/C12 style shell barely fits you, I highly doubt the CA16 will :frowning2:

I'm hoping its close enough to the ZSN/C10/C12 shell that I could try. The new TS400 foams I got are a rounded/ball style and let me tilt the IEM's more than the older cylinder T400 foam tips.

I've also got some de-cored airpod pro foams that may help too.

IMG_20200710_185848.jpg
Left to right: decored APP, 4.9mm TS400, 6.5mm TS400, T200, Shure foam (olives). All are 'small' sized.

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #1,761 of 3,770
I am really struggling with the CCA CA16, I will say I was ready to put them back in the box with the included eartips. For me the eartips really ruin these. Foams help but there are still some problems. Yes they are more balanced than the typical releases. Review is coming soon, doing my best to give them a fair shake. They are large and not comfortable for long periods for me, but have tiny nozzles that many other normal sized eartips do not fit. I really wonder what a larger diameter nozzle would do to help.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #1,762 of 3,770
I actually love that CCA CA16 have small nozzles, as I have baby sized ear canals and usualy strugling to use IEM's 😄 And these with extra small silicone tips I have purchased separately fit perfectly. But I see how people with normal sized ears could have problems. Sound wise I love these with certain music, but they are really source dependent, for example these are my go to now for radiohead :)

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #1,764 of 3,770
No luck on the KZ thread, maybe someone here can check?

Anyone using one of these adapters on their KZ or CCA IEM's able to tell me which pin is positive and which is negative? Just a quick continuity check with a multimeter.

Is the top or bottom pin positive, when oriented like it is installed on the IEM? (ie: on the left connector in the picture, is the left (top) pin the positive?)

Jul 14, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #1,765 of 3,770
I actually love that CCA CA16 have small nozzles, as I have baby sized ear canals and usualy strugling to use IEM's 😄 And these with extra small silicone tips I have purchased separately fit perfectly. But I see how people with normal sized ears could have problems. Sound wise I love these with certain music, but they are really source dependent, for example these are my go to now for radiohead :)
I have fairly large ears (at least I was able to work out BA10 :)) and I prefer large tips with shallow fit like Spiral Dots.

Small nozzles of CA16 were a bit unusual at first but perfectly fine in the end.

I actually really like how the nozzles (4.0 mm) have narrow (less than 0.5 mm) thicker (5.0 mm) rings not at the very end (as most common) but 1-1.5 mm from the end.

1594726032752463818830773850206.jpg

These rings hold tips in one point and give some flexibility for a SpinFit-like effect.

P. S. My common wide shallow tips work perfectly with CCA CA16
15947262262148190806220023812070.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,767 of 3,770
Just got the CCA CA16 in. Out of the box, stock cable, stock tips... I like them. Comparable to a C12 with upgraded cable and select tips. C12 has slightly more present treble (or peaks), which is something I would need to A/B to see if I like better.

Once I swap the cable and find the right tips, it should fix the slight darkness from the boosted bass. Mine came with extra foams, but foams have never sounded better than a good silicone tip in any IEM for me.

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #1,770 of 3,770
Just got the CCA CA16 in. Out of the box, stock cable, stock tips... I like them. Comparable to a C12 with upgraded cable and select tips. C12 has slightly more present treble (or peaks), which is something I would need to A/B to see if I like better.

Once I swap the cable and find the right tips, it should fix the slight darkness from the boosted bass. Mine came with extra foams, but foams have never sounded better than a good silicone tip in any IEM for me.
Would love to hear your thoughts on a comparison between your CA16's and C12's - I love my C12's, I'm curious as to how they sound in relation to CA16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back