CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #1,742 of 3,770
Clearly shown it's an affiliate site where the major concern about the ad and product sponsor profiting... I just simply loved my ca16 sound performance period.

You can try with this YouTube track, simply good experience... again you need better driver/player to drive the ca16, direct wire output from reference samsung note 9 can't get good result.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,743 of 3,770
I am astounded at what CCA has done with 8 drivers in one shell at this price. We’ve come a long way from the Ultimate Ears TF10 Black Friday $100 deal 10 years ago. Good Stuff 😎👍. Edit: also, if one ever had the pleasure of installing the TF10 torture devices in your ears, you would not complain about any of the new stuff 🤣

That's funny - I've been using the TF10's since that deal 10 years ago! (Now with a Balanced cable - I never realized how uncomfortable the stock one was).

I have the CA16's on order, as well as a few other IEM's. How would you say the CA16 compares to the classic TF10?

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #1,745 of 3,770
Anyone tried KZ Z1 (bluetooth) and able to recommend wired IEM that have the similar sounds? I love KZ Z1 but the battery is very bad, barely even reached 2 hours.

I tried CCA CA16 because I like the KZ Z1 shell, but the sounds is completely different. Z1 is more fuller and CA16 is more detailed.

Any suggestion would be nice. Thanks

05797e46801c22bcdc2eb85c98f47394.jpg

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #1,746 of 3,770
That's funny - I've been using the TF10's since that deal 10 years ago! (Now with a Balanced cable - I never realized how uncomfortable the stock one was).

I have the CA16's on order, as well as a few other IEM's. How would you say the CA16 compares to the classic TF10?
For me, the poor ergonomics really inhibited my enjoyment of the TF10. They especially require a solid seal for the bass to pop and just moving my jaw would break the seal. And if I could get a solid seal, and I tried every trick in the book, pain would ensue in less than 15 minutes. So when I attained a solid seal, it never lasts long enough to the enjoy the admittedly good sound they can provide. Maybe if I invested in a different cable for them things would be different, but none of the dozen 2 pin cables I have fit them, and they feel so delicate I feel like they will crumble if I squeeze them too hard. Today’s custom type over ear fit works very well for me, so even budget chi-fi provides more enjoyment than the TF10. And considering the CA16, they are the best that I have in the chi-fi offerings, both in sound and fit, with a detailed yet relaxing sound that I can listen to all day and all night, I think they are great, so there really is no contest.

Jul 10, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #1,748 of 3,770
Anyone tried KZ Z1 (bluetooth) and able to recommend wired IEM that have the similar sounds? I love KZ Z1 but the battery is very bad, barely even reached 2 hours.

I tried CCA CA16 because I like the KZ Z1 shell, but the sounds is completely different. Z1 is more fuller and CA16 is more detailed.

Any suggestion would be nice. Thanks

05797e46801c22bcdc2eb85c98f47394.jpg

Z1 is deep v shaped signature with good details (not great) and good medium wide soundstage.
You will love ibasso IT00 (newest) as they sounded fuller, v shaped but not emphasized on upper mids (less harsh). I have the older IT01 with similar sound signature.

Or try BLON BL03 first but youll need after market cable and great eartips like sedna.

Other than that TFZ T2 galaxy or no3 also have similar v shaped with punchy bass presentation (with better technicalities)

Jul 10, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #1,750 of 3,770
Agreed. Sometimes I use their site for the graphs, comparing earphone graphs on their site. Their text is not so useful.
I dont even want to give them more "clicks" either...their so called "review-site" is just a marketing site nothing more. Bunch of affiliate links and coupon codes. Disgusting

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #1,751 of 3,770
Wow the CA16's are getting A*'s pretty much all around as far as I can see... Perhaps the real terminator terminated the terminator :)
Even factoring the hype train in, I'm more than tempted to buy them (most say they are the most balanced and closest attempt at neutral tuning from KZ/CCA)
I think I might hold off buying them to see what KZ bring out as their offering with this driver line up.
Are others thinking the same and can't wait to see/hear KZ's take on CA16?

The only thing that ruins the aesthetics for me is the prominent white CCA logo, I bet a few on here find a way to remove the logo with nail polish remover or similar, they would look totally badass and more minimalistic with a text colour closer to black or just a pure black faceplate.

Looks aside, the main reason I'm not jumping on ordering them is basically because I'm just totally loving the C12's I bought just recently and I'm quite content enjoying them for awhile.
Perhaps this is the true litmus test of a good earphone for you, when upgrade/sidegrade urges fade somewhat and you are just happy enjoying the music?? :)

I also just picked up the ZSX as they were half price discounted where I am and that swayed me to try them alongside the C12's to see which I prefer.
I've been swapping between the C12's and my newly purchased ZSX.

I really think despite them sharing the same drivers, the CCA tuning is a big step ahead - they just seem more balanced, whilst they both have a V signature, it's way more obvious on the ZSX. The low end doesn't integrate with the mids and treble as seamlessly as the C12. I guess when you scoop the mids more it makes the treble detail seem further from the low end as there's less in between to glue it all together. Fit is great on the ZSX and they stay in place like a custom does, CCA fit is totally fine but the ZSX are more snug fit to my ear. I guess it depends on the shape of your ear, some people find the fit awful but I was pleasantly surprised at how well they sat in the ear, less movement than C12 but really the C12 is comfortable and no problem atall, so the sound is the real contest for me.

Both the ZSX and C12 are a lot smaller than they look online in videos and photos!
In a nutshell I find the C12's way more detailed especially on busier/heavier sections of songs where the ZSX can get slightly more cluttered with that elevated low end.
The increased warmth that the boosted bass on the ZSX provides, whilst sounding big and warm on sparser songs, it smears a little on busier tracks.
If the latest CCA offering is even better than C12 then that's a real ear treat for us all:)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #1,752 of 3,770
Anyone with a caliper able to take height & width measurements of the CA16 & zsn/zsn pro/c10 shell?

20190103_011142.jpg

I've only hesitating on purchase as that size shell barely fit my ears.

I also took a look at the S2 TWS, it uses a similar arrangement of dynamic with the BA right next to it, instead of in the nozzle. Perhaps they are finally learning lol.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #1,753 of 3,770
Anyone with a caliper able to take height & width measurements of the CA16 & zsn/zsn pro/c10 shell?

20190103_011142.jpg

I've only hesitating on purchase as that size shell barely fit my ears.

I also took a look at the S2 TWS, it uses a similar arrangement of dynamic with the BA right next to it, instead of in the nozzle. Perhaps they are finally learning lol.

Yours look like they need to be rotated a bit. Per your photo, if the shell was rotated counterclockwise about 30 degrees they might fit even better.

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #1,754 of 3,770
Yours look like they need to be rotated a bit. Per your photo, if the shell was rotated counterclockwise about 30 degrees they might fit even better.

Wish I could comfortably. That rotation is due to my ear canal angle. The back of the shell was resting against my anti-helix.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,755 of 3,770
Wish I could comfortably. That rotation is due to my ear canal angle. The back of the shell was resting against my anti-helix.

Ah, gotcha.

What tips do you use? When I use tips with a longer stem (like FlipTips, SednaFit, etc), it spaces out the shell from my ear slightly. This allows me to significantly improve the fit of some shells (especially larger shells or shells that have some part that is hitting or pressing against something on my ear anatomy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back