Cayin YB04 In-Ear Monitor
May 23, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #121 of 167
I was able to borrow the YB04 (for far too long, thank you for your patience, Andy) and finally got my word out about it. I love everything but the included cable, which doesn't wrap around my ears, and flops out. Everything else, from the beautiful faceplate, to the perfectly moulded box, to the excellently branded plugs, is brilliant. As you guys already know for a long time, it sounds great too.

Anyway, here is my review.

May 23, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #122 of 167
I was able to borrow the YB04 (for far too long, thank you for your patience, Andy) and finally got my word out about it. I love everything but the included cable, which doesn't wrap around my ears, and flops out. Everything else, from the beautiful faceplate, to the perfectly moulded box, to the excellently branded plugs, is brilliant. As you guys already know for a long time, it sounds great too.

Anyway, here is my review.

I'm curious about your video statement "free of sibilance and reverb". Provided these extend in the super highs, technically speaking, wouldn't that be the reverb?

May 23, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #123 of 167
I'm curious about your video statement "free of sibilance and reverb". Provided these extend in the super highs, technically speaking, wouldn't that be the reverb?

As far as I understand it, and have used with other audiophiles, reverb has to do with the environmental (could be in or outside of the instrument) echos. This can happen in any frequency band, and can show wet, or boomy, or anything else that comes with echo territory.

May 27, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #124 of 167
Hi all,

This is my detailed review of the YB04. I hope you enjoy reading.

https://www.headphonesty.com/2020/05/review-cayin-yb04/

YB04-10.jpg

Sep 26, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #126 of 167
I recently saw this on drop. Seems like this product got glowing reviews. Why did it not get more fanfare?

Dunno, but that's unfortunate more so for people looking for a true solid iem. Iirc, Crinnacle ranks the Blessing 2 as "S- class" and the Cayin in the C minus category. On my end, I personally think the Cayin YB04 outclasses the Moondrop.

The 300$ price tag on these is a major deal. I'd jump it... but ofcourse I have it already.

Sep 26, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #128 of 167
The 300$ price tag on these is a major deal. I'd jump it... but ofcourse I have it already.

Unfortunately just paid for the NM2+ on drop and not allowed to buy two one after another, if not I might have gotten this for $300 instead.

How come the Cayin listing on Amazon shows as unavailable? Where do usually people get this from?

Sep 27, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #129 of 167
Missing yb04. Yb04 pair with warm source is a must to give that "emotion" in the vocals department. But damn it's clean af.

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #130 of 167
Missing yb04. Yb04 pair with warm source is a must to give that "emotion" in the vocals department. But damn it's clean af.

Even cleaner when you get around changing cables. There's a slight shift in width (by added depth) using the EA Ares ii, but man, things get so much more intense in an exciting way. Switch back to default cable for chillin'

This is so my mood right now!
20201007_094102.jpg

The Drop price of 300$ is a mad deal. One of the best sub 500$ right now!

Oct 14, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #134 of 167

Users who are viewing this thread

Back