Cayin YB04 In-Ear Monitor
Oct 22, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #137 of 167
I recommend pairing the YB04 with Cayin N3Pro...wow, just wow.

P8420989.jpg

Oct 23, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #138 of 167
Pairing it with the Ares ii cable is simply worth it. Hard to go back to the nice original cable. More bass presence and energetic mids and lower highs.

Ugh, these darn iem sound so good!

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #139 of 167
Well, turns out i just absolutely love these metal babies 🤭

https://ear-fidelity.com/2020/10/14/cayin-yb04/

I recommend pairing the YB04 with Cayin N3Pro...wow, just wow.

Thank you so much for your YB04 review. The look and feel of YB04 might deviate from the present high-end IEM norms, but I can speak with confident that the audio performance of YB04 is seriously underrated, which is not surprised because there is hardly any place you can audition the YB04 before you pay for it, cancelling all oversea audio shows in 2020 sure add fuel to the fire to newcomers without a decent track record in IEM.

By the way, YB04 is one of our reference IEM when we fine tune the N3Pro, but I bet everyone expected that already. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 24, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #140 of 167
the transients of the BAs are quite fast and accurate as far as i can remember

The decay is ever so natural! (Unlike my blessing 2!)

Interesting, I agree that the YB04 are very natural (which can be a subjective impression), but does that mean YB04 is a fast IEM?

Well, acoustic instruments can display very fast transients even when they have very natural decay, maybe this is how they coexisted? :beerchug:

Oct 24, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #142 of 167
Pairing it with the Ares ii cable is simply worth it. Hard to go back to the nice original cable. More bass presence and energetic mids and lower highs.

Ugh, these darn iem sound so good!

I assume you are referring to this cable? Sounds a very good enhancement from the original moderated presentation of YB04.

When an IEM is transparent, it is very sensitive to changes in upstream, hence allow users to find tune the sound signature to their preference effectively.

Last edited:

Oct 24, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #143 of 167
To me the YB04 almost seems like a special secret for those in the know. Punches way above the price IMO. No need to spend thousands to get a great sound and fit :beyersmile:

I wish I can climb to the top of the world and quote your comment as loud as I could.

Thank you very much for your endorsement. :beerchug:

Oct 24, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #144 of 167
Thank you so much for your YB04 review. The look and feel of YB04 might deviate from the present high-end IEM norms, but I can speak with confident that the audio performance of YB04 is seriously underrated, which is not surprised because there is hardly any place you can audition the YB04 before you pay for it, cancelling all oversea audio shows in 2020 sure add fuel to the fire to newcomers without a decent track record in IEM.

By the way, YB04 is one of our reference IEM when we fine tune the N3Pro, but I bet everyone expected that already. :beerchug:
Yea, for me personalny N3Pro + YB04 truly sounds like a great match both in terms of technical capabilites and this beautiful, natural timbre. With the N3Pro i prefer these over my Lime Ears Aether which are more than 2x the price. Fantastic job, cant wait to the successor! (YB06? 😎)

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #145 of 167
I assume you are referring to this cable? Sounds a very good enhancement from the original moderated presentation of YB04.

When an IEM is transparent, it is very sensitive to changes in upstream, hence allow users to find tune the sound signature to their preference effectively.

Exactly. It's been stealing my ear time, competing even with my beloved Oriolus Reborn which is my personal end game. As the others have said here, this is pretty much one of the hidden secret gems.

Provided there's no hype which can be misleading, those who got to hear this would easily say that this is a real good measuring stick for the midfi range. #sorry#notsorry

On a personal note I'm curious how this will pair with the upcoming Cayin C9 tube dap!

Edit: the EA Aresii is definitely must try for the set. Everything gets a proper boot, whatever may seem "wrong" (not really tbh) but for arguments sake, the there's more low end and "better" imaging for lower treble energy if the default felt "too laid back". Happy with both cables, that's for sure. Best audio gear by within the past year.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #146 of 167
I listened YB-04 with DTR1 yesterday, this is great iem, very good timbre on mids and treble, sound are resolving, very good texture and very coherent from highs bass to treble. Rock, metal, pop, blues, jazz and some classic sounds are amazing, very detailed with smooth sound.

Oct 28, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #147 of 167
I listened YB-04 with DTR1 yesterday, this is great iem, very good timbre on mids and treble, sound are resolving, very good texture and very coherent from highs bass to treble. Rock, metal, pop, blues, jazz and some classic sounds are amazing, very detailed with smooth sound.
Tottaly agreed! Such an underrated IEM

Dec 31, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #148 of 167
We are so excited to find out that YB04 has received a product of the year award at the last day of 2020, this is a big surprised from @Army-Firedawg, he has reviewed all our portable products in 2019 and 2020, and now he declares YB04 is his true love in Cayin lineup. :beerchug:

The YB04 is Cayin's first earphone product, this is is a seriously underrated IEM because we venture into this category at a year without shows and events, or even shop demo, making it very difficult to demonstrate the product to customers and hobbyist. Let's hope all these tough situation will be completely restored in 2021 and everyone can enjoy their life, their passion and their new toys anytime, anywhere.

If you want to read Army's YB04 review again, check HERE.

Last edited:

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #149 of 167
For me this is one of the best IEM, and on my list 5th place in my TOP5 iems.

Dec 31, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #150 of 167
Definitely one of my top three, just sitting behind MEST and Oriolus mk2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back