Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Sep 10, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #1,606 of 2,229
Sep 10, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #1,608 of 2,229
Imo, the ddHifi MFi07S cable is the only option. Don't buy it's more expansive brother, because that one also caused issues.
7S is also to me the best option (got the big brother as well). Great sound and sturdy build.

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #1,610 of 2,229
Good monring everybody. Yesterday arrive to me this small baby. Because i dont have DAP yet and i see very much positive reviews i order it. My expectations were not high, but i must say WAU. Its really really very good unit. It was arrive at evening and i listening only 1-2 hours. With my EE Odin its amazing. Sorry for dark photo, it was already night, but during weekend i will more deeply look on it. Cayin i must say very good job. :ok_hand:

20230914_173702.jpg

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #1,611 of 2,229
question
New Iphones 15, 15+ usb
/////
Can someone explain current iPhones like my 14plus , issues limitations?

Versus usb iPhones
Sorry if address already
Thx as no experience with dongles
go easy on me, lol

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #1,612 of 2,229
question
New Iphones 15, 15+ usb
/////
Can someone explain current iPhones like my 14plus , issues limitations?

Versus usb iPhones
Sorry if address already
Thx as no experience with dongles
go easy on me, lol
Current iPhones don't output enough power through the lightning port to allow some dongles (including the RU7) to perform at their best. This may result in stuttering audio or other playback issues, especially when using high gain mode or the higher DSD conversion settings.

It'll be interesting to see if the new iPhones limit the the power output of their USB C port in the same manner. I think that's one of the only reasons some people use Android for dongles.

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,614 of 2,229
Current iPhones don't output enough power through the lightning port to allow some dongles (including the RU7) to perform at their best. This may result in stuttering audio or other playback issues, especially when using high gain mode or the higher DSD conversion settings.

It'll be interesting to see if the new iPhones limit the the power output of their USB C port in the same manner. I think that's one of the only reasons some people use Android for dongles.
Sorry to say, but that is not entirely true. Yes the lighting port has power restrictions. But that does NOT impact the performance of the RU7…as long as you use a MFi certified cable, such as the ones from ddHifi. Via those cables the RU7 can be driven at full power via an iPhone, even in DSD256.

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #1,617 of 2,229
Sorry to say, but that is not entirely true. Yes the lighting port has power restrictions. But that does NOT impact the performance of the RU7…as long as you use a MFi certified cable, such as the ones from ddHifi. Via those cables the RU7 can be driven at full power via an iPhone, even in DSD256.
The OP was asking for the gist of the iPhone issue. That's what I provided. Yes, there are workarounds, but that requires extra effort. We can be nice to each other here.

Sep 16, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #1,618 of 2,229
The OP was asking for the gist of the iPhone issue. That's what I provided. Yes, there are workarounds, but that requires extra effort. We can be nice to each other here.
Cayin does not offer a lightning cable in the box, only as an optional accessory, purchased separately. What I mentioned is not a workaround, but the one and only working solution. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sep 17, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #1,619 of 2,229
I recently bought RU7, but i'm facing problem with it. It constantly makes a harsh pop/clicking sound whenever i start/stop my tracks and also randomly makes the sound every few sec's later in the middle of tracks. It happens so much more frequently and gets intolerable when i'm playing videos on youtube. The clicking/pop sounds gives me fatigue and i simply can not enjoy it due to this. I tried changing the usb-c cable, i also tried different earphones, L/H gain, changed DSD modes. Nothing worked. I'm really so disappointed with this.
I had a similar issue. The problem is with the Cayin provided drivers. I posted in here a month ago about this. You have to rollback the driver to the windows native version. Once I did this the problems were resolved. It works flawlessly on my PC now. It is not a PC problem but a bad driver set from Cayin.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back