Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Jun 27, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #1,216 of 2,133
Weird that he rates the RU7 and iFi Go Bar as having the same power output.
It doesn't seems he rated power (among many parameters) as an measured data point but mostly as an subjective opinion. So it is understandable that his observation isn't going to be the same to anyone who doesn't share his exact personal preference.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #1,217 of 2,133
It doesn't seems he rated power (among many parameters) as an measured data point but mostly as an subjective opinion. So it is understandable that his observation isn't going to be the same to anyone who doesn't share his exact personal preference.
Everyone hears differently, so a certain amount of any review is going to be inherently subjective.

That said, I don't feel subjectivity needs to bleed into aspects of equipment that are measurable. In this particular case, even tossing the numbers aside, I struggle to see how he'd arrive at the conclusion that they provide the same power. I'm currently listening to the two, and the difference is pretty easily heard; the listed specs don't surprise me at all.

It's not a huge deal, and I probably wouldn't even have mentioned it, had he not included it as part of a ranking system.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #1,218 of 2,133
Just received my RU7 today. Initial listening is very promising. I’ll be posting some thoughts on the RU7 versus the iFi GOld Bar after a bit more listening.
Yes please. Very interested in this comparison.

Regards, Hade

Jun 28, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #1,220 of 2,133
What would the desktop DAC/amp combo RU7 equivalent be of this type of sound in the $600+ range?
As far as I know there are no desktop applications with 1 bit dac... but you can always create it by connecting the RU7 to something like this...

https://en.cayin.cn/features/7/59/486.html

I think you will like the result very much. :wink:

Jun 28, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #1,221 of 2,133
20230628_115731.jpg

I noticed wifey was buying clothes, shoes, bags in preparation for a holiday that we're taking in a few days time so I thought I needed to accessorize too.

Accessorize of course with a new dongle. Nice timing Cayin!

Will have 2 phones with me, so planning on an S22u to do duty as the Audio player. Has 1TB so I can put a nice collection of local music and have a nice download of Tidal playlists as well for a longish plane ride.

Mighty impressed with what I'm hearing with the RU7.
Very nice 3D depth. My go to iems right now are the ie900 and IMR Semper. Very satisfying low end bass detail with mids and sparkly upper end that I'm very happy with.

I no longer have the RU6, but I have the RS2 that I'll bring along to have a comparative listen with.

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #1,222 of 2,133
RU7 @ DSD128 thru my Sonneteer Bard to my tricked Rai Penta sounds outstanding!!!

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #1,225 of 2,133
with Pi4 Picoreplayer source, using RU7 with iFi iPurifier3 and separate high quality battery or linear power supply connected with y splitter cable for example like this https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dc-p...e-for-external-usb-a-power-supply-p-8389.html or with usb data and power y splitter cables
elevates sound quality quite close to desktop level 😎

RU7 (dsd128) in line out mode connected to Nitsch Piety (high gain) is a wonderful pairing IMHO 😊

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #1,226 of 2,133
Has anyone compared the sound of Fiio M11S with Tempotec V6 and Cayin RU6/7? It's clear that the devices are different and have different usage scenarios, but it's the sound that interests me. Thank you all for your thoughts

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #1,227 of 2,133
with Pi4 Picoreplayer source, using RU7 with iFi iPurifier3 and separate high quality battery or linear power supply connected with y splitter cable for example like this https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dc-p...e-for-external-usb-a-power-supply-p-8389.html or with usb data and power y splitter cables

RU7 (dsd128) in line out mode connected to Nitsch Piety (high gain) is a wonderful pairing IMHO 😊

Yes, I confirm.
I use a HUB usbc 3.2 gen2 with separate IN power PD or all type of Charger or power bank
When I connect LAN usb adapter, dongle ( in this case RU7), the sound is more rich crystalline detailed and analogue.
One DAC for 3, I confirm @Zap67

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,228 of 2,133

This sound interesting, can you show me a picture of your setup? :pray:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 29, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #1,229 of 2,133
RU7 @ DSD128 thru my Sonneteer Bard to my tricked Rai Penta sounds outstanding!!!
What is a "tricked" Rai Penta?

Is this a mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back