Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
May 29, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #437 of 2,149
Alright.
You mad men gentlemen have convinced me to take the plunge...
I'm stoked!

May 30, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #438 of 2,149
Planning on trying with Penon 10th, Fan 2, Serial, Globe, Fan, ISN EST50, BQEYZ Winter, Softears Volume, KiwiEars Quartet, Truthear Hexa and Zero: RED, Aful Performer 5, CA Vega OG, Dorado 2020, Letshuoer EJ07M, S12 Pro [Glamdring mod], 7Hz Timeless, RaptGo HookX, Ikko OH10 and more...

May 30, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #439 of 2,149
Planning on trying with Penon 10th, Fan 2, Serial, Globe, Fan, ISN EST50, BQEYZ Winter, Softears Volume, KiwiEars Quartet, Truthear Hexa and Zero: RED, Aful Performer 5, CA Vega OG, Dorado 2020, Letshuoer EJ07M, S12 Pro [Glamdring mod], 7Hz Timeless, RaptGo HookX, Ikko OH10 and more...
So many iems, would be an interesting read.
Which cables are you using?

May 30, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #440 of 2,149
So many iems, would be an interesting read.
Which cables are you using?
A bunch of different ones. Mostly XINHS, Hakugei and NiceHCK. I will try to list the cable pairing when I add some feedback.

May 30, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #441 of 2,149
Neutron Player just fixed a nasty bug in their "all to DSD" upsampling feature. Unbearable noises could be heard when a PCM track upsampled to DSD was followed by a DSD track in the playlist.

Now that it is fixed, this will allow me to compare RU6 and RU7 sound more easily

May 30, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #442 of 2,149
Neutron Player just fixed a nasty bug in their "all to DSD" upsampling feature. Unbearable noises could be heard when a PCM track upsampled to DSD was followed by a DSD track in the playlist.

Now that it is fixed, this will allow me to compare RU6 and RU7 sound more easily
I frankly think that these software gimmicks are just an extra step to make life harder…
I use dongle with iPhone/pc and it’s very easy which is holding me off from using my dx320x.
But I can’t disagree that it sounds better.

May 30, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #443 of 2,149
Cayin RU7 is officially launched on May 29th, 2023 Globally. Our Suggested Retail Price is US$289.99. Please be reminded that the leather Case, originally retailed at US$19.99, is bundled in the standard package of RU7. The price might vary in different countries after VAT/Sales Tax/Import Tax.

The following dealer should have RU7 in stock already:

USA: MusicTeck
Japan: Kopek Japan
Thailand: Holysai
Indonesia : PT lntium lndo Prima
Vietnam: SL Audio
Israel: HIFI Connect

Shipping to other regions will follow soon. If you can't locate your local Cayin dealer, you can check out the WHERE TO BUY page on Cayin website. If there were no local authorized agent but still you want to give it a try on our Cayin RU7 you can also buy from our Aliexpress Official Store.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 30, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #444 of 2,149
Cayin RU7 is officially launched on May 29th, 2023 Globally. Our Suggested Retail Price is US$289.99. Please be reminded that the leather Case, originally retailed at US$19.99, is bundled in the standard package of RU7. The price might vary in different countries after VAT/Sales Tax/Import Tax.

Shipping to other regions will follow soon. If you can't locate your local Cayin dealer, you can check out the WHERE TO BUY page on Cayin website. If there were no local authorized agent but still you want to give it a try on our Cayin RU7 you can also buy from our Aliexpress Official Store.
Congrats to all at Cayin involved with RU7; sounds like you have another winner. Thank you for continuing to support such a niche corner of the hifi market.

May 30, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #445 of 2,149
woah that would b amazing! thank you for your service 🫡

May 30, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #446 of 2,149
For those interested I started the comparison between the W1, DC04PRO, M15, RU6 and RU7. It's actually not a real comparison but my impressions of these dongles and the various positive aspects you can expect from using them. I opened a special thread so as not to congest this and others relating to individual dongles. As I have availability, I will insert the comments relating to the dongles that have not yet arrived.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-dongle-war-w1-dc04pro-m15-ru6-ru7.968388/#post-17581852

May 30, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #448 of 2,149

Audio Essence in Switzerland will also carry-out the RU7 (mentioning this here as it isn't listed on Cayin's site).

May 30, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #449 of 2,149
Tnx for posting. But you've not come to the RU7 yet then, correct?
I think it will arrive next week together with the M15 and as soon as I have them I will write my impressions. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back