Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Feb 27, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #2,041 of 2,150
So I just went ahead and bought the ibasso splitter cable because I want to experience what difference it would make. Was thinking what best way to use this with my iphone and a small battery pack might be the right way to go because battery cases use magsafe these days.
Would something like the mophie mini power station work? It has one usbc port both for charging itself and to charge a connected device with power delivery 3.0.
I presume that the cable has one usbc port on one side and two usb c ports on the other but how do you know which one is for data and which is for power?
I could not easily find the specs online but to be safe I bought from Ibasso directly. If the power connector is not usb c but usba are there then adapters that I could use so that it still might work with the mophie?
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #2,042 of 2,150
So I just went ahead and bought the ibasso splitter cable because I want to experience what difference it would make. Was thinking what best way to use this with my iphone and a small battery pack might be the right way to go because battery cases use magsafe these days.
Would something like the mophie mini power station work? It has one usbc port both for charging itself and to charge a connected device with power delivery 3.0.
I presume that the cable has one usbc port on one side and two usb c ports on the other but how do you know which one is for data and which is for power?
I could not easily find the specs online but to be safe I bought from Ibasso directly. If the power connector is not usb c but usba are there then adapters that I could use so that it still might work with the mophie?
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,
If you’re speaking of the CB19 cable, the power connection is USB-A.
I use it with this:
INIU Magnetic Power Bank Compatible with Magsafe, 10000mAh 20W PD Portable Phone Charger, USB C in&Out Wireless Powerbank, Battery Bank for iPhone 15 Pro Plus Max 14 13 12 Series and Mag Safe Case
https://a.co/d/1pU8adC

Unlike some MagSafe power banks this one doesn’t protrude below the phone and it has USB-A out.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #2,043 of 2,150
If you’re speaking of the CB19 cable, the power connection is USB-A.
I use it with this:
INIU Magnetic Power Bank Compatible with Magsafe, 10000mAh 20W PD Portable Phone Charger, USB C in&Out Wireless Powerbank, Battery Bank for iPhone 15 Pro Plus Max 14 13 12 Series and Mag Safe Case
https://a.co/d/1pU8adC

Unlike some MagSafe power banks this one doesn’t protrude below the phone and it has USB-A out.
Ah thanks for that info. How do you make sure then that the phone does not get charged at the same time as powering your dongle? Or dont you mind that?
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 28, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #2,044 of 2,150
Ah thanks for that info. How do you make sure then that the phone does not get charged at the same time as powering your dongle? Or dont you mind that?
Greetings, Anouk,
The INIU can output via USB-A without using MagSafe - like a regular power bank.
And FYI you can charge it via USB-C while outputting via USB-A and/or MagSafe.
Ie. it has pass through charging.

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #2,045 of 2,150
hello ... got some question ... so i just got my ru7 earlier

everything normal when i connect it to phone
but somehow it got no sound when i connect it on pc ( i connect it to usb hub, but try several usb hub and still no sound)

do i need to install something before? i also already change the output to ru7 on pc

edit : i also already install usb audio driver for ru6&7 from the web, but still no sound from pc and tried other dongle (sonata bhd), its works normally

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #2,046 of 2,150
I’ve had my RU7 for about a month and have been using it 5+ hours daily.
It no longer powers on.
I’ve tried with multiple devices and cables.
It doesn’t boot but my devices recognize a DAC is connected.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #2,047 of 2,150
everything normal when i connect it to phone
but somehow it got no sound when i connect it on pc ( i connect it to usb hub, but try several usb hub and still no sound)
Are they powered USB hubs?
Mine worked with a powered hub.
I’ve found that if the RU7 isn’t getting enough power it will turn on but not produce sound.

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #2,048 of 2,150
Are they powered USB hubs?
Mine worked with a powered hub.
I’ve found that if the RU7 isn’t getting enough power it will turn on but not produce sound.
oh, its powered hub, but i didnt connect it to adaptor cause i thought it wont affect much unless its for external ssd
and you also need to install the driver too right?

thx ill try it again later

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #2,049 of 2,150
oh, its powered hub, but i didnt connect it to adaptor cause i thought it wont affect much unless its for external ssd
and you also need to install the driver too right?

thx ill try it again later

The RU7 requires a connection that can sustain 5V to work correctly, that's why some USB-C cables are not working with RU7 at all. We didn't specify this requirement in the USB hub scenario, but we explained the reason behind this when we discussed the choices for USB-C connecting cables.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #2,050 of 2,150
I’ve had my RU7 for about a month and have been using it 5+ hours daily.
It no longer powers on.
I’ve tried with multiple devices and cables.
It doesn’t boot but my devices recognize a DAC is connected.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Does it happen suddenly? or it happened several times previously but it just won't wake up completely this time?

Since your RU7 is within the warranty period, you should contact your dealer immediately. However, we need to verify that the USB cables are not causing this problem before you send the RU7 back to your dealer for warranty service. Since you tried multiple cables already, can you tell us more along this line? All cables are certified for 5V connection?

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #2,051 of 2,150
Does it happen suddenly? or it happened several times previously but it just won't wake up completely this time?

Since your RU7 is within the warranty period, you should contact your dealer immediately. However, we need to verify that the USB cables are not causing this problem before you send the RU7 back to your dealer for warranty service. Since you tried multiple cables already, can you tell us more along this line? All cables are certified for 5V connection?
I appreciate the fast response.
It stopped working suddenly.
I’d been using it one day for several hours.
I disconnected it for an hour or so and at the next use it stopped powering on.
I’m not sure how to confirm the cables I’ve tried are 5V certified but I’ve tried the included cable, a ddHiFi TC07S, iBasso CB19 and the cable that came with my iFi Gryphon.
I’ve e-mailed my dealer.
Thank you.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #2,052 of 2,150
The RU7 requires a connection that can sustain 5V to work correctly, that's why some USB-C cables are not working with RU7 at all. We didn't specify this requirement in the USB hub scenario, but we explained the reason behind this when we discussed the choices for USB-C connecting cables.

thx for the answer, now its work after plug the power cable to hub

also if i want to connect it to amp or dac/amp , i should change the setting to line out right?

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #2,053 of 2,150
Happy to report this works quite well, and my RU7 now sounds as good with my phone (S22+), as it does when it's powered by my iMac 27". Got to love good clean nonrestricted power. :ksc75smile:

1000004687.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #2,054 of 2,150
I appreciate the fast response.
It stopped working suddenly.
I’d been using it one day for several hours.
I disconnected it for an hour or so and at the next use it stopped powering on.
I’m not sure how to confirm the cables I’ve tried are 5V certified but I’ve tried the included cable, a ddHiFi TC07S, iBasso CB19 and the cable that came with my iFi Gryphon.
I’ve e-mailed my dealer.
Thank you
@Andykong
The dealer is sending a new one out today.
I’ve been shopping at
https://headphonebar.com/
in Vancouver BC for years. Service is always great.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #2,055 of 2,150
Cayin will debut a new DAP at CanJam New York 2024. The N3Ultra is a long overdue update to the beloved N3Pro and this is the second portable product in the Cayin lineup embracing the Gen3 Vacuum Tube Audio Circuit.
Check out the MusicTack booth if you are visiting CanJam New York 2024. More details will be available by coming Thursday right before the CanJam event, so please subscribe to the N3Ultra thread and stay tuned.

Image_20240302082814.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back