Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Mar 2, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #2,056 of 2,150
Happy to report this works quite well, and my RU7 now sounds as good with my phone (S22+), as it does when it's powered by my iMac 27". Got to love good clean nonrestricted power. :ksc75smile:

1000004687.jpg
Out of interest, is that the Anker Power Bank 325? And what USB C splitter cable are you using? Many thanks.

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #2,057 of 2,150
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #2,059 of 2,150
Mar 2, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #2,060 of 2,150
I purchased the iBasso CB19 directly from their web site but cannot seem to get any information about my order. Did you order it from them directly or from an audio store?
Directly, and I paid for express shipping and received within a week.

I never got any confirmation of shipping until I asked.

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #2,061 of 2,150

Ok, I paid for express shipping as well

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #2,062 of 2,150
Happy to report this works quite well, and my RU7 now sounds as good with my phone (S22+), as it does when it's powered by my iMac 27". Got to love good clean nonrestricted power. :ksc75smile:

1000004687.jpg
@Wes S , thanks for sharing 👍🏻. I have these additions on order. Looking forward to squeezing even more sonic quality from the RU7 & 6

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #2,063 of 2,150
My RU7 has only lasted me 2 months. I have used it an average of 1/2 hour daily. Today it turns on but it doesn't sound. I have tried it on a PC and another mobile phone and the same response, there is no sound. I am very sorry that I have to return it.

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #2,064 of 2,150
My RU7 has only lasted me 2 months. I have used it an average of 1/2 hour daily. Today it turns on but it doesn't sound. I have tried it on a PC and another mobile phone and the same response, there is no sound. I am very sorry that I have to return it.
I am already on my second unit and concerned how long it is going to last

Mar 3, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #2,066 of 2,150
Wow, surprised to hear about these reliability problems. Mine is fine, but then I don't use it a lot (other gear to use so usage gets spread out). I wonder if it is a bad manufacturing lot?

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #2,067 of 2,150

Yep, I asked and it shipped!

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #2,068 of 2,150
Wow, surprised to hear about these reliability problems. Mine is fine, but then I don't use it a lot (other gear to use so usage gets spread out). I wonder if it is a bad manufacturing lot?
Yes, there are too many cases of failures in the Cayin RU7, we should ask those responsible for the company for explanations. I imagine that they have received these units with defects and they can tell us something, it is a good hifi device, but I am not sure whether to buy another one today seeing these problems.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #2,069 of 2,150
Yes, there are too many cases of failures in the Cayin RU7, we should ask those responsible for the company for explanations. I imagine that they have received these units with defects and they can tell us something, it is a good hifi device, but I am not sure whether to buy another one today seeing these problems.
@Shanling does monitor the thread, so maybe they can comment.

Please note that usually those who don’t have issues don’t post that they don’t have problems, while those who do have issues are more likely to post about their problems. Combine this with confirmation bias - the tendency to relate to / believe data or observations that conform to what you believe - and the result could be that small issues could appear to be large to those experiencing those problems… I am not saying there isn’t a bigger problem, just saying it is hard to draw a conclusion.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #2,070 of 2,150
@Shanling does monitor the thread, so maybe they can comment.

Please note that usually those who don’t have issues don’t post that they don’t have problems, while those who do have issues are more likely to post about their problems. Combine this with confirmation bias - the tendency to relate to / believe data or observations that conform to what you believe - and the result could be that small issues could appear to be large to those experiencing those problems… I am not saying there isn’t a bigger problem, just saying it is hard to draw a conclusion.
Ugh, not sure why we are tagged here, was there any discussion of Shanling devices in this Cayin thread recently?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back