Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #708 of 3,679
Yeah I see.
I hope in future firmware (if have) a changing: press Menu button (short click) will change the Dac mode (OS/NOS) not regarding screen was on or off.
And long press that button will wake screen up if it was off.
Do you think it is more convinience?

Tnx
It is not as fast as mine, delivery within 48 hours :D
I like it at very moment unboxing.
I tried insert RU6 into audio path between sources (smp, ak1000) and hdv800/hd800s combo it sounds good. No claim.
(AutoEq of NeutronMp was used on the sources for each headphones)
If short click and long clicked are predefined, what should I do if I need to change the Gain of RU6?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 7, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #709 of 3,679
getting my first RU6 listen (ikko OH10) and am finding that the while the image is wide, at times there is a hole in the middle. Imaging in front stage not as present as L/R. Not all tracks, but when i hear it, it is obvious.

That aside, the dongle seems well built and plays nice with my PC and iPhone 13 mini (cable of choice - OEaudio usb c to lightning).

Now to figure out which to pair with KSE1200. RU6 or W2.

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #710 of 3,679
If short click and long clicked are predefined, what should I do if I need to change the Gain of RU6?

I think the menu navigation is very functional as is now

getting my first RU6 listen (ikko OH10) and am finding that the while the image is wide, at times there is a hole in the middle. Imaging in front stage not as present as L/R. Not all tracks, but when i hear it, it is obvious.

That aside, the dongle seems well built and plays nice with my PC and iPhone 13 mini (cable of choice - OEaudio usb c to lightning).

Now to figure out which to pair with KSE1200. RU6 or W2.
How are you finding the treble?

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #711 of 3,679

listening with the OH10's the treble is present, but not sibilant. When i break out the KSE1200 I will get a better idea of what the RU6 is doing. For now just some casual listening and rolling some IEMs that I think will pair well with the RU6

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #712 of 3,679
listening with the OH10's the treble is present, but not sibilant. When i break out the KSE1200 I will get a better idea of what the RU6 is doing. For now just some casual listening and rolling some IEMs that I think will pair well with the RU6
Do you find it more present vs other sources?

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #713 of 3,679
True, though honestly I had this amp myself and within this price range, I'd recommend the Alo CV5 or better still the Fostex HP-V1. Any tube like element stemming from the BA300s is *really* minimal.
I still have a CV5. Sadly they are no longer made. I did use it briefly with the RU6 with good results.

If there's a hole in the middle, that's usually because something is out of phase, either the track or the wiring on something. If it isn't always present, it could just be some of the tracks.

About the slight etch in the treble, it seems to have gone after leaving it playing music for a couple of days. Using NOS to the SE out to the Campfire Solaris with Spiral Dot tips it has a big, bloomy sound while is wonderful to listen to music with.

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #714 of 3,679
Do you find it more present vs other sources?
I don’t have enough listening time with various sources. Just PC and iPhone and neither more than 2 hours a piece.
And as a disclaimer I have old ears that have been exposed to lots of high decibel noise and am not qualified to give detailed sound impressions

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #716 of 3,679
Let me try to define Menu button, S=short, L=long:

1. Scr off: S-> change sampling mode.
L-> wake screen up.
2. Scr on: S-> change sampling mode.
L-> goes to Menu.
3. In Menu:
S-> jump to next item.
L-> scr off

I do hope it in future.
Fast toggle sampling mode is big joy

Dec 7, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #717 of 3,679

L-> wake screen up.
L-> goes to Menu.
3. In Menu:
S-> jump to next item.
L-> scr off

I do hope it in future.

To be honest, if we are going to keep a menu option, I prefer the simple Menu system as-is. UI is suppose to be simple and intuitive, especially with appliance type device like RU6.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #718 of 3,679

L-> wake screen up.
L-> goes to Menu.
3. In Menu:
S-> jump to next item.
L-> scr off

I do hope it in future.

It would be great for switching back and forth when songs and styles change on random, without having to get the whole thing out of your pocket, risk losing connection etc

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #720 of 3,679
To be honest, if we are going to keep a menu option, I prefer the simple Menu system as-is. UI is suppose to be simple and intuitive, especially with appliance type device like RU6.

The only think I wouldn't mind having is always on option and a little spectrum analyser on the display haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back