Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Mar 27, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #2,296 of 3,685
The RU6 does not clip at any volume when using USB C output from my Macbook. I would be curious if any Android users have power draw clipping issues using their USB C outputs! Damn you iOS!
I have built USB accessories for Android phones and iPhones, Android phones generally has much more power output capacity, easy to build accessories. Build accesory for iPhone is pain in the a**, because Apple set very limited current availablity.
Android manufactories are like, 'users what this? ok, I will give you that'. Apple is like: 'user what this? no, you don't understand yourself, I understand you better, you don't need it. You need to live in the way that I design you to live in.'

Mar 27, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #2,297 of 3,685
I have built USB accessories for Android phones and iPhones, Android phones generally has much more power output capacity, easy to build accessories. Build accesory for iPhone is pain in the a**, because Apple set very limited current availablity.
Android manufactories are like, 'users what this? ok, I will give you that'. Apple is like: 'user what this? no, you don't understand yourself, I understand you better, you don't need it. You need to live in the way that I design you to live in.'
Actually the problem’s mostly with failure to register under their MFI programme and working with them to ensure devices work as intended.

Apple has to contend with more flak than Android phone manufacturers so MFI makes sense for them and their scale of operations, especially if you consider how long their devices are supported for.

Letting accessory makers run wild would just end up becoming Apple who pays for their mistakes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway.. just to say, I’m on Apple Music Hi-Res streaming / downloads. No clipping / power issues encountered with anything I throw at the RU6. Maybe I should try with Tidal hmm

Mar 27, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #2,299 of 3,685
Exactly what I'm doing currently. 3.5mm out to WA8 which also only takes 3.5mm in. Thankfully still a very black background, so while it isn't a line-out, it is more than useable~ Enjoyable even. A very musical and powerful combo~

I use ru6 as adac to feed my hdvd800.
It is good to have ru6 in the path.

Mar 27, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #2,300 of 3,685

I read a report this morning that Apple is considering removing all ports from the iPhone 15 Pro. I had heard rumours weeks ago, but I was hoping Apple would at least, keep with their iPads and allow for the USB-C port for all Pro models, and leave Bt to the lesser models. Thankfully, that’s a ways off, and who knows where the Bt codecs will be 3 years from now…

Mar 28, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #2,301 of 3,685
I read a report this morning that Apple is considering removing all ports from the iPhone 15 Pro. I had heard rumours weeks ago, but I was hoping Apple would at least, keep with their iPads and allow for the USB-C port for all Pro models, and leave Bt to the lesser models. Thankfully, that’s a ways off, and who knows where the Bt codecs will be 3 years from now…
We seem to be moving gradually to a port-less world! It just means there will be more of a play for DAPs when that happens. It would be a sad day for my RU6. Hopefully BT will be lossless by then!!!

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #2,302 of 3,685
We seem to be moving gradually to a port-less world! It just means there will be more of a play for DAPs when that happens. It would be a sad day for my RU6. Hopefully BT will be lossless by then!!!
I am currently using an iPhone SE2020 for Cayin RU6, I never use my primary phone (13 Pro) to connect external DAC/AMP so I think it will not be problem

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #2,303 of 3,685

Most likely remain AAC by that time.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 28, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #2,304 of 3,685
Actually the problem’s mostly with failure to register under their MFI programme and working with them to ensure devices work as intended.

Apple has to contend with more flak than Android phone manufacturers so MFI makes sense for them and their scale of operations, especially if you consider how long their devices are supported for.

Letting accessory makers run wild would just end up becoming Apple who pays for their mistakes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway.. just to say, I’m on Apple Music Hi-Res streaming / downloads. No clipping / power issues encountered with anything I throw at the RU6. Maybe I should try with Tidal hmm

The MFI is a very effective revenue generation and eco-system protection mechanism.

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #2,305 of 3,685
Dear Cayin, please release a true balanced battery powered r2r dac with line out. I'd be so grateful to you!

P.S. Bluetooth with ldac is optional:)

We did hint in N8ii thread that Cayin is working on R2R DAP, we just don't have any date or price or features confirmed at this stage, everything is subject to change at early stage of product development.

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #2,306 of 3,685
@Andykong

I am done with my listening of the Liric. Shipping it to the next reviewer tomorrow. Took this picture of a set up that should bring a smile to your face. Except for the cables, all of your products.

liric.jpeg

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #2,307 of 3,685
We did hint in N8ii thread that Cayin is working on R2R DAP, we just don't have any date or price or features confirmed at this stage, everything is subject to change at early stage of product development.
Fantastic. If you had a preorder form up now, I would buy it

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #2,308 of 3,685
Fantastic. If you had a preorder form up now, I would buy it

Cayin didn't sell direct, so you won't see preorder from us at any time, unfortunately. :wink:

Mar 28, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #2,309 of 3,685
@Andykong

I am done with my listening of the Liric. Shipping it to the next reviewer tomorrow. Took this picture of a set up that should bring a smile to your face. Except for the cables, all of your products.

liric.jpeg
Great, but did you try RU6 with Liric?

I have mentioned C9 with Elite and Liric several times in different thread, they are very good options IMHO, but looks like I need to stop saying that because some readers will interprate different when I am a sponsor of Meze and Cayin.

1648453905978.png

Mar 28, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #2,310 of 3,685
Great, but did you try RU6 with Liric?

I have mentioned C9 with Elite and Liric several times in different thread, they are very good options IMHO, but looks like I need to stop saying that because some readers will interprate different when I am a sponsor of Meze and Cayin.

1648453905978.png
I didn't. Let me try it. Liric is really light in treble. And R2R DAC would help in that regard. Let me try it before I box it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back