Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Nov 17, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #4,921 of 5,547
Minor issue for sure: Anyone who bought the Dignis case, these stickers came with the unit, but for the life of me I have no clue what their use case is. Anyone figure it out and putting them to good use? I don’t think they’re screen protectors, they don’t fit the shape/size of anything you’d want to protect on the N8ii.
AE122FA9-9341-4409-AB44-6C9D034D41E0.jpeg

Nov 17, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #4,922 of 5,547
Minor issue for sure: Anyone who bought the Dignis case, these stickers came with the unit, but for the life of me I have no clue what their use case is. Anyone figure it out and putting them to good use? I don’t think they’re screen protectors, they don’t fit the shape/size of anything you’d want to protect on the N8ii.
AE122FA9-9341-4409-AB44-6C9D034D41E0.jpeg
646CE19D-91A5-40CB-9432-B901168DA395.jpeg

Nov 17, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #4,923 of 5,547
Nov 17, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #4,924 of 5,547
I do wonder how long the smaller sections of the top flap will last…
I have the same concern too! Overall I love the dignis case. It makes the premium N8ii fell even more premium now!

Nov 17, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #4,925 of 5,547
Nov 17, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #4,926 of 5,547
The more I interact with and hold the Dignis case the more I love it. Just feels right and premium to me. Very happy.

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #4,928 of 5,547
Nice. I collected mine today. Love it!

IMG_2082.jpg
For those curious about whether the flap at the top prevents the N8ii from sliding out, yes it does. Not sure with extensive use whether it will hold up but I think it will.
I got my blue case also very beautiful, and the fit is awesome. For those who may be looking for a better cable to further enhance your enjoyment check out the new Arctic Cable Pallas Silver+Copper cable

I got my Pallas Arctic Cable late last week with the Oyaide connector, wasn't aware of the cuTech when I ordered. These cables are fantastic, extremely good.
First impression is a huge sound stage and superior bass extension and punch everywhere in the frequency spectrum.
As you burn it in more about the 3rd or 4th day
Then you realize that 1: The Bass is very deep and rich not just bloat and properly positioned in the extended Soundstage with enough resolution to let you know what instrument was generating the notes. 2: The Midrange creaminess again not syrupy but rich and textured and fleshed out, not thick but with details providing a more realistic image of the instruments be it violins, voice, violas etc. 3: Definition of acoustic space around each instrument such that the correct harmonic character of the instrument develops, not marred by other instruments, now this is not a clinical sound by Any means, it's just that the cable defines a good enough Soundstage to accommodate each instrument all properly spread out and layered. There is a lot of detail retrieved, the extension in the bass also reveals more detail, orchestral music will benefit a lot from this. 4: The trebles have body and silky especially on the high notes of the Violins...this Cable is a great bargain you may spend very near $3k to outperform or equal this product.
I was listening with my Cayin N8ii Tube mode class A and Single-Ended because the HIFIMAN HE-R10P is tremendously efficient 😉

20221114_122017.jpg

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #4,929 of 5,547
I got my blue case also very beautiful, and the fit is awesome. For those who may be looking for a better cable to further enhance your enjoyment check out the new Arctic Cable Pallas Silver+Copper cable

I got my Pallas Arctic Cable late last week with the Oyaide connector, wasn't aware of the cuTech when I ordered. These cables are fantastic, extremely good.
First impression is a huge sound stage and superior bass extension and punch everywhere in the frequency spectrum.
As you burn it in more about the 3rd or 4th day
Then you realize that 1: The Bass is very deep and rich not just bloat and properly positioned in the extended Soundstage with enough resolution to let you know what instrument was generating the notes. 2: The Midrange creaminess again not syrupy but rich and textured and fleshed out, not thick but with details providing a more realistic image of the instruments be it violins, voice, violas etc. 3: Definition of acoustic space around each instrument such that the correct harmonic character of the instrument develops, not marred by other instruments, now this is not a clinical sound by Any means, it's just that the cable defines a good enough Soundstage to accommodate each instrument all properly spread out and layered. There is a lot of detail retrieved, the extension in the bass also reveals more detail, orchestral music will benefit a lot from this. 4: The trebles have body and silky especially on the high notes of the Violins...this Cable is a great bargain you may spend very near $3k to outperform or equal this product.
I was listening with my Cayin N8ii Tube mode class A and Single-Ended because the HIFIMAN HE-R10P is tremendously efficient 😉

20221114_122017.jpg
+1 for Arctic. Got one for my Stellias and made a big difference in a positive way. Great company to deal with and also great craftsmanship. :sunglasses:

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #4,931 of 5,547
After taking a long break, I finally return to my computer and lurk around quietly. Turns out I didn't miss my Facebook but I miss this forum. :sweat_smile:

I spent a few days checking out discussions and PMs. I read a lot of greetings and support, more than I deserved. Thank you all sincerely. I'll respond to all the PMs "briefly" if they are not outdated or resolved already. However, I can't cover the questions of discussion that were addressed to Cayin or me in various product threads during my absence, so please pardon my silence if you have @ me in this thread but I didn't get back to your question after I resume duty.:beerchug:

By the way, 2023 will be a fascinating year for Cayin, with lots of exciting ideas queueing up for their 30th Anniversary, COVID makes it impossible to drop by and check out these new developments in person, but l am looking forward to them. :grin:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #4,932 of 5,547
After taking a long break, I finally return to my computer and lurk around quietly. Turns out I didn't miss my Facebook but I miss this forum. :sweat_smile:

I spent a few days checking out discussions and PMs. I'll respond to all the PMs "briefly" if they are not outdated or resolved already. However, I can't cover the questions of discussion that were addressed to Cayin or me in various product threads during my absence, so please pardon my silence if you have @ me in this thread but I didn't get back to your question after I resume duty.:beerchug:

By the way, 2023 will be a fascinating year for Cayin, with lots of exciting ideas queueing up for their 30th Anniversary, COVID makes it impossible to drop by and check out these new developments in person, but l am looking forward to them. :grin:
Hey Andy, welcome back, we missed you!

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #4,933 of 5,547

I spent a few days checking out discussions and PMs. I read a lot of greetings and support, more than I deserved. Thank you all sincerely. I'll respond to all the PMs "briefly" if they are not outdated or resolved already. However, I can't cover the questions of discussion that were addressed to Cayin or me in various product threads during my absence, so please pardon my silence if you have @ me in this thread but I didn't get back to your question after I resume duty.:beerchug:

Great to have you back Andy and hope that you are fully recharged after you break!

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #4,934 of 5,547
Hi guys!
My N8ii drain 50% of chardge in 8 hours while standby - did anybody observed similar behaviour? How i can fix it?

Many users have offered very productive suggestions, flight mode is a good habit when you need to standby your Android DAP with WiFi capability. With my Android mobile phone, when I want to put it on standby before I went to bed, I'll put it into flight mode and close all apps before I turn off the screen, I guess this should work for all Android DAP such as N8ii.

Last but not least, you must remove all 3.5mm or 4.4mm connection before you leave it unattended. This is where a DAP is different from a mobile phone. The N8ii DAP has an extensive DAC and analog amplification circuit on top of the regular hardware and software of the mobile phone. When you disconnect your 3.5mm or 4.4mm device from N8ii, the system will revert to Digital Output operational mode internally and cut off the power to DAC and analog amplification. If you didn't disconnect your 3.5mm or 4.4mm devices before you left the N8ii standby, the DAC and analog amplification circuit will continue to consume battery even at standby mode.

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #4,935 of 5,547
Great to have you back Andy and hope that you are fully recharged after you break!

Yes, the core is now re-charged. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back