Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Nov 12, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #4,891 of 5,538
new dignis red leather case is here. maybe some of you guys are interested. sorry for doing it in 2 posts, had some trouble uploading the pics

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #4,892 of 5,538
IMG_6101.jpg
IMG_6102.jpg
IMG_6103.jpg
IMG_6104.jpg
IMG_6105.jpg
IMG_6106.jpg

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #4,895 of 5,538
red looks incredible when new, not sure how dirt/patina will set in on red leather though

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #4,896 of 5,538
red looks incredible when new, not sure how dirt/patina will set in on red leather though
It’s not that expensive, you can always get a new one if it turns out to age bad. For now it looks great, but the main thing is the N8ii can’t slide out no matter what you do to it

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #4,897 of 5,538
It’s not that expensive, you can always get a new one if it turns out to age bad. For now it looks great, but the main thing is the N8ii can’t slide out no matter what you do to it
Red looks ace!

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #4,898 of 5,538
I got the red coming too. This is nitpicking, but I was worried that the red looked just a touch muted, and not as saturated and “deep” of a red as possibly desired. Preferences of course, but what’s your sense if this now that you have it in hand? Even if it’s lighter now, I could see it wearing beautifully over time.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #4,900 of 5,538
I got the red coming too. This is nitpicking, but I was worried that the red looked just a touch muted, and not as saturated and “deep” of a red as possibly desired. Preferences of course, but what’s your sense if this now that you have it in hand? Even if it’s lighter now, I could see it wearing beautifully over time.
It’s true. I was expecting it to be a little more “coloured” and not as pale. It’s a little “worn” already and not as bright of a red colour as it shows in the first pictures that I saw online. It’s still great but yeah. The colour is not loud

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #4,901 of 5,538
Hi guys!
My N8ii drain 50% of chardge in 8 hours while standby - did anybody observed similar behaviour? How i can fix it?
Maybe try to close all apps running in the background while on standby. One or more of them might be the cause

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #4,903 of 5,538
Visi77

Thanks for posting pictures of the Red Dignis Case.
I was on the fence between Red or Black, and saw the Red was not as vibrant as other Dignis cases, and well decided on "classic' black.
In some ways looking at the new pictures on the Dignis site and your posts maybe should have gone with the Red case. Oh well....

For anyone considering the case, I can tell you I think it is worth it. (IMO)
Very pleased so far with my purchase.
Received my case yesterday (only 6 days total from Korea to US) and pleased how fast they turned the order around
Was a little surprised on how much of a distressed/worn look it has as a new case. Was expecting more of the new shinny leather look, based on past Dignis Case releases.
But I do like the look, case feels VERY sturdy, and feels like it will wear well.
With the Cayin glass screen protector installed on the N8ii, the Dignis case caused the corners of the screen protector to lift "less" than the stock Cayin case, but did notice one corner starting to lift a little from the pressure so used my stacked coin trick to stretch just the corners for 24hours and no more lifting of the screen protector (In comparison I had to do the "stretching" for the stock Cayin case for 48hrs+ before it stopped lifting the corners of the screen protector)
First long flight this week with the new case and N8ii so get to see how it feels in hand inside a dark plane.

For anyone interested attached are the pictures for the Black case and the "stacked coin" process I use to stretch cases when they are just a little too tight
Apologies in advance, I'm not the best photographer.

IMG_8009.jpg
IMG_8010.jpg
IMG_8011.jpg
IMG_8013.jpg

And my Stacked Coin Stretching trick
IMG_8015 (2).jpg

Nov 14, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #4,904 of 5,538
Maybe try to close all apps running in the background while on standby. One or more of them might be the cause
Closing all apps in the background every time when you want to leave DAP on standby - some type of annoying activity. I am not very familiar with the Android OS, but can we set up this OS to save battery charge level while standby? That is not smartphone - no any messages, notifications and a lot of other processes need to be run background on every smartphone. Can Android automatically stop all background running apps when DAP in standby mode?

Nov 14, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #4,905 of 5,538
Closing all apps in the background every time when you want to leave DAP on standby - some type of annoying activity. I am not very familiar with the Android OS, but can we set up this OS to save battery charge level while standby? That is not smartphone - no any messages, notifications and a lot of other processes need to be run background on every smartphone. Can Android automatically stop all background running apps when DAP in standby mode?
Or you could turn it off while not using it. I do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back