Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Apr 27, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #3,226 of 5,547
I know the knob was advertised as brass, but I wished it has more heft/weight to it as it feel so light that to the extent it feels plasticky.
Also more resistance when turning would be nicer since it turns too easily

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #3,227 of 5,547
it feel so light that to the extent it feels plasticky.
Exactly. It doesn’t feel like brass at all. Brass should be heavier.

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #3,228 of 5,547
I know the knob was advertised as brass, but I wished it has more heft/weight to it as it feel so light that to the extent it feels plasticky.
Also more resistance when turning would be nicer since it turns too easily
Exactly. It doesn’t feel like brass at all. Brass should be heavier.

Yeah a missed opportunity and a waste of brass material IMO. I sure would've believed it if someone had told me it's made out of plastic.

I guess there's no perfect device...

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #3,229 of 5,547
I am a bit confused about the direction of volume control. I thought the generic approach is to turn clockwise to increase the volume and counter clockwise to decrease volume.

I have come acrossed both front panel volume control or top panel volume control (actually quite often with tube amplifier) with desktop amplifiers and they are always designed to increase volume when you turn the knob clockwise. I am so used to these UI habbbit that it never cone to my mind there are alternative arrangements on volume knob direction.

So who else have installed volume knob on top panel of DAP besides Cayin N8ii? Hiby, Fiio, L&P, Lotoo, .... come to my mind, Can someone confirm the volume knob direction of these DAPs? I am pretty sure HiBy and Fiio M17 follows clockwise to increase volume norm but I didn't pay attention to that particularly.
The idea for N8ii came from Aliens 👽 from planet Venus where you can hear some really great music and Venus rotates counterclockwise 😉😆....Let's get some humor in

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #3,230 of 5,547
Hey all, finally got my Jewel customs back from adjustment. Paired with the Orpheus and N8ii is wild. Staggering really, just mind-blowing. Best mids detail and layering I've heard. Vocals are amazing. HG, P+, Tube Timbre is woah. (Candace Springs is Woah on anything though, best new female jazz vocalist in many years IMO)

20220427_170923.jpg
Won't be far behind you!

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #3,231 of 5,547

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #3,232 of 5,547
Just received an update from Vannuys, the case is available under Yahoo Shopping, if you are familiar with shopping from Japan, you can place an order directly.

Please note that using Yahoo Shopping is unfortunately no longer available in the EEA and the United Kingdom :rolling_eyes:

yahoo.png

Apr 28, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #3,233 of 5,547
Just received an update from Vannuys, the case is available under Yahoo Shopping, if you are familiar with shopping from Japan, you can place an order directly.
Hi, the Vannuys 718 sold on Yahoo Shopping was made for a different DAP, do you know which one and, more relevant and important for us, do you know whether Vannuys is now preparing or selling one specifically designed for the N8ii as I need to replace my stock case which I'm very for fond of for its design, materials and colour but unfortunately I'm one of the few customers who got a loose one and the N8ii slips out when I turn it upside down. Thanks for any feedback on this.

Apr 28, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #3,234 of 5,547
Hi, the Vannuys 718 sold on Yahoo Shopping was made for a different DAP, do you know which one and, more relevant and important for us, do you know whether Vannuys is now preparing or selling one specifically designed for the N8ii as I need to replace my stock case which I'm very for fond of for its design, materials and colour but unfortunately I'm one of the few customers who got a loose one and the N8ii slips out when I turn it upside down. Thanks for any feedback on this.
Same, if I don't have a solid grip it slips right out. I'll be putting a small strip of 1mm neoprene on it at the opening when I get home, should hold it nicely until alternative cases come on the go...

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #3,238 of 5,547
Thanks for the film, but was the Vannuys VD718 specifically designed for the N8ii or for another DAP, and if so do you know which one? It looks to me a bit on the loose side and the volume button is not accessible so I was wondering whether Vannuys is designing one for the N8ii.
@wj18 Unfortunately I have no idea, just searched on google and this popped up.

Maybe @Andykong can shed some more light on it..

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,239 of 5,547
Got another unit coming my way from MusicTeck +yet another charger.
Hopefully smooth sailing this time.

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #3,240 of 5,547
Got another unit coming my way from MusicTeck +yet another charger.
Hopefully smooth sailing this time.
Hopefully all good this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back