Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Oct 8, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #946 of 3,873
Cayin revises US retail price of N8 to US$3,299.00 from 8 October 2018

The China - United States trade war has finally escalated and hit our industry directly.

The new traffic rate affects US retail market immediately; we have no choice but to revise our suggested retail price in US to US$3,299.00.

As suggested in this specific case, the final retail price is subject to custom, tax and whatever procedures required by local administration, so please contact your local Cayin dealer for the final street price of N8. We’ll ship out N8 to international dealers immediately, they should be able to quote the latest price very soon, if not already. Several dealers have put up N8 in their website and I have provided the links before for your reference.

United Kingdom: AdvancedMP3
Australia: A1 Future
Spain: Zococity
Singapore: Jaben
Malaysia: Star Pickers

That is just part of life. Many, many, many countries have tariffs on incoming goods, then they act horrified when tariffs are slapped on them. It is what it is...I understand there is a societal cost to importing goods that must be covered, but prefer lowest, most reasonable tariffs for all countries.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #947 of 3,873
So my question is how much are we overpaying.
Me in Canada it gona probably even more cause of the currencies exchange ouuuff...

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #948 of 3,873
So my question is how much are we overpaying.
Me in Canada it gona probably even more cause of the currencies exchange ouuuff...

Always remember that everybody wants your money, but nobody wants to give you any, even when you are working for it. LOL

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #949 of 3,873

The China - United States trade war has finally escalated and hit our industry directly.

The new traffic rate affects US retail market immediately; we have no choice but to revise our suggested retail price in US to US$3,299.00.

As suggested in this specific case, the final retail price is subject to custom, tax and whatever procedures required by local administration, so please contact your local Cayin dealer for the final street price of N8. We’ll ship out N8 to international dealers immediately, they should be able to quote the latest price very soon, if not already. Several dealers have put up N8 in their website and I have provided the links before for your reference.

I'm no economist, but doesn't raising the price of an item increase the amount of the tariff imposed?

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #950 of 3,873
Always remember that everybody wants your money, but nobody wants to give you any, even when you are working for it. LOL

I know and then you ask your self if thats a comfortable price tag for you including the overprice on it .....

I never concidered my self buying such expencives toys before I dont even know how I got so far and weeling to spend so much. Music is driving me crazzy lol I cant stop loving it. But gota start being realistic too.

Now I always think of sony dmp what a crazzy price tag. Hmmm cayin n8 is cheaper so its a better deal ? :ksc75smile:

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #951 of 3,873

For once, it looks like it's not the UK that's getting the dirty end of the stick when it comes to pricing.

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #952 of 3,873
I know and then you ask your self if thats a comfortable price tag for you including the overprice on it .....

I never concidered my self buying such expencives toys before I dont even know how I got so far and weeling to spend so much. Music is driving me crazzy lol I cant stop loving it. But gota start being realistic too.

Now I always think of sony dmp what a crazzy price tag. Hmmm cayin n8 is cheaper so its a better deal ? :ksc75smile:

I have my eye on the gold Sony. LOL

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #953 of 3,873
For once, it looks like it's not the UK that's getting the dirty end of the stick when it comes to pricing.

It takes the N8 off the table for me, but I'm still watching the thread. I was kind of leaning toward the gold Sony for battery life and because lower heat devices tend to last longer.
I already have the black Sony and I am quite happy with the NW - WM1A. The N8 seems like a fascinating device having said all that.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #954 of 3,873
It takes the N8 off the table for me, but I'm still watching the thread. I was kind of leaning toward the gold Sony for battery life and because lower heat devices tend to last longer.
I already have the black Sony and I am quite happy with the NW - WM1A. The N8 seems like a fascinating device having said all that.
Do try the N8 if possible. It's a vastly superior sounding device compared to the WM1Z.

And having herd both the WM1A and WM1Z, it's not worth getting the 1Z at all. The difference is only worth a 50% price increase at most.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #955 of 3,873
Hello, please define "vastly" because if is vastly better than the 1Z ,then is the best player in the world, did you ear it with the latest 3.0 firmware? I find funny some impressions vary so much from people to people, i am very curious in some more opinions, in this top of the line stuff saying that some is better or worse is useless, is a metter of taste , i have both 1Z and sp1000cu and they don'y play the same, but, i love the two, and by the way the 1Z ia way better than 1A ,i had both at the same time

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #956 of 3,873

Thats horrible news

PS maybe 2 months ago i was on here asking how the trade war/tarriffs would impact the cost and i guess my post was too political ? As it was immediately removed

Now this post hmmmm

Is there some way to directly deal with Ie Canada Or does it all have to filter via that USD ?

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #958 of 3,873
Hello, please define "vastly" because if is vastly better than the 1Z ,then is the best player in the world, did you ear it with the latest 3.0 firmware? I find funny some impressions vary so much from people to people, i am very curious in some more opinions, in this top of the line stuff saying that some is better or worse is useless, is a metter of taste , i have both 1Z and sp1000cu and they don'y play the same, but, i love the two, and by the way the 1Z ia way better than 1A ,i had both at the same time

Each DAP has its pros and cons depending on individual preference. You can’t say this one is (much) better than other one.
I’d like to try the Cayin N8 Nutube which is the first DAP with tube sound (correct me if I am wrong!) regardless it costs US$3300 (if I can afford it!). :wink:

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #959 of 3,873
Do try the N8 if possible. It's a vastly superior sounding device compared to the WM1Z.

And having herd both the WM1A and WM1Z, it's not worth getting the 1Z at all. The difference is only worth a 50% price increase at most.

Someday I will. I currently have a Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, a Questyle QP1R, and a Sony NW - WM1A. Hopefully China and the United States will reach a trade bill at some point.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #960 of 3,873
Someday I will. I currently have a Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, a Questyle QP1R, and a Sony NW - WM1A. Hopefully China and the United States will reach a trade bill at some point.

Oh neet. Can you share your experience and preferences on daps. I am also very interested by lotoo paw gold touch. Can you share lphd vs the sony 1a please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back