Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Feb 25, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,571 of 3,873
Hi Andy. I was reading about the C9 and had some questions. Will the replacement for the N8 coming out this year include all of the technology of the C9? Also will it allow for using the 4.4mm connection with the tubes? Tks.

Sorry, I won't even discuss future firmware features or dates of new firmware, let alone features or dates of future products, I'll try my best to provide detail information as quickly as I could when they are available. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 10, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #3,572 of 3,873
My best Rock/Metal setup....
The enjoy level of this match is awesome!!
06AACA1A-6071-424D-86BB-94655AA9DF59.jpeg

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #3,574 of 3,873
Andy

My N8 Brass Black, bought new in August 2019 from a UK dealer, repeatedly goes into Pause. This problem has been getting worse during the last 2-3 months. Even the slightest movement can trigger Pause. I've tried using Pause lock but this makes no difference, it merely adds another stage to the process of getting music playing again. My N8 is immaculate & is housed in a carry bag when used.
I have messaged my UK dealer and I hope he will respond early next week. Do I deliver my N8 to him or do I send to you for this repair? I appreciate I've used my N8 virtually every day since purchase in August 2019 but I feel the very prominent button design allied to daily use is presumably the reason there is a problem with my Pause button?

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #3,575 of 3,873
Andy

My N8 Brass Black, bought new in August 2019 from a UK dealer, repeatedly goes into Pause. This problem has been getting worse during the last 2-3 months. Even the slightest movement can trigger Pause. I've tried using Pause lock but this makes no difference, it merely adds another stage to the process of getting music playing again. My N8 is immaculate & is housed in a carry bag when used.
I have messaged my UK dealer and I hope he will respond early next week. Do I deliver my N8 to him or do I send to you for this repair? I appreciate I've used my N8 virtually every day since purchase in August 2019 but I feel the very prominent button design allied to daily use is presumably the reason there is a problem with my Pause button?
If you have contacted your UK dealers already, please wait for his arrangement. You dealer is always your first contact regarding warranty and repair.

Last edited:

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #3,576 of 3,873
Andy

Is the Pause button a point of failure with other N8's? Extremely disappointing that a DAP costing nearly £3,000 appears to have been designed with a Pause button that might be prone to failure not helped with its great prominence compared to other DAP's I have owned. Luckily I still have my Questyle QP2R as a back-up DAP and the Pause button has a low profile as did my Cowon Plenue 1 before that (still working well for my daughter). The SP2000 also has very low profile buttons.

Mar 15, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #3,577 of 3,873
f you gave contacted your UK dealers already, please wait for his arrangement. You dealer is always your first contact regarding warranty and repair.
Understood, sent a WhatsApp message to my UK dealer at 12.41 on Friday March 12, awaiting his response

Mar 15, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #3,578 of 3,873
Andy

Is the Pause button a point of failure with other N8's? Extremely disappointing that a DAP costing nearly £3,000 appears to have been designed with a Pause button that might be prone to failure not helped with its great prominence compared to other DAP's I have owned. Luckily I still have my Questyle QP2R as a back-up DAP and the Pause button has a low profile as did my Cowon Plenue 1 before that (still working well for my daughter). The SP2000 also has very low profile buttons.

If I tell you that we didn't have higher than normal repair rate on the N8 physical control button, be it play/pause and on/off button, do you trust me? Maybe it better to ask the user group here and let the users shared their experience.

I won't call the N8 trouble free, but it is definitely well-built in our opinion.

Mar 15, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #3,579 of 3,873
Andy

I have not had an issue with mine. However I usually pause via the screen. I do use the forward and back button very often with no issues.

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #3,580 of 3,873
Has anything dethroned the N8 yet?

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #3,581 of 3,873
If I tell you that we didn't have higher than normal repair rate on the N8 physical control button, be it play/pause and on/off button, do you trust me? Maybe it better to ask the user group here and let the users shared their experience.

I won't call the N8 trouble free, but it is definitely well-built in our opinion.

Yes, I do trust you because my 18 month old N8 BB is beautifully built and I'm completely amazed that a perfect condition N8 has this failure with its Pause button. I think the Pause button has become incredibly sensitive as the slightest touch with the inside of the carrying bag can activate Pause. This morning was typical, at the moment, pressed Pause button to get music going again, took one gentle step forward, on came Pause. Did this 4 times in 4 steps so coming back for minor repair before I end up in a straight jacket. My N8 BB is a wonderful partner to my Utopias and I'm also very happy with the OIDIO cable (JT at OIDIO Cables has made me several cables now and I'm very happy with his work, service and how he deals with you).

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #3,582 of 3,873
have not had an issue with mine. However I usually pause via the screen. I do use the forward and back button very often with no issues.
Interesting, I wish I'd only used my screen controls. I know for the future, thank you for sharing this with us.

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #3,583 of 3,873
Yes, I do trust you because my 18 month old N8 BB is beautifully built and I'm completely amazed that a perfect condition N8 has this failure with its Pause button. I think the Pause button has become incredibly sensitive as the slightest touch with the inside of the carrying bag can activate Pause. This morning was typical, at the moment, pressed Pause button to get music going again, took one gentle step forward, on came Pause. Did this 4 times in 4 steps so coming back for minor repair before I end up in a straight jacket. My N8 BB is a wonderful partner to my Utopias and I'm also very happy with the OIDIO cable (JT at OIDIO Cables has made me several cables now and I'm very happy with his work, service and how he deals with you).
Do you have control lock on ( I forget if that is the actual term). Essentially all controls are shut off once you press the button to shut the screen. This way it keeps playing and if in your bag, no movement can change what it is doing (unless it is somehow turned on first).

Mar 18, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,584 of 3,873
Interesting, I wish I'd only used my screen controls. I know for the future, thank you for sharing this with us.
The settings are called Lock Screen and screen lock in the System Settings menu. Turn them both on and make sure the key lock says it will lock volume, play/pause and pre/next. This should correct your issue.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #3,585 of 3,873
Yes, I did try Pause lock a while ago but locking the Pause didn't make any difference. Just meant I had to unlock my N8 so I could get out of Pause and the music would play again. I am sending it back to Cayin and will use the screen controls when it comes back from repair. Yes, it's frustrating but it's very minor issue in reality and I own other DAP's which I can use in the meantime. Frankie, thank you for your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back