Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Mar 1, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #3,211 of 3,873
This is abnormal, my N8 didn't have this problem and since N8 and N8BB use the same PCB and electronic components, they should behave exactly the same on this accord.

If this occurred repeatedly, please contact your N8 seller and seek their advice

Finally the problem becomes permanent in tube mode, I returned my unit to Musicteck and they kindly send me a new unit (i have to pay a fraction of the price because i send only the player to them)
Now i have the new N8 and all output modes sound perfect, but the screen has an annoying tearing issue...
I was told that this issue is because the processor of the DAP is too slow, and this causes the tearing ...

i show you the issue here:

and here:

Anyone experience something like this??

@Andykong this issue has any software solution, is this normal?

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #3,213 of 3,873
That doesn't look normal to me. My unit doesn't experience glitching, looks like a defect.

if it’s not a software failure or something like this...and this is a new defective unit..i have a very bad luck or the quality control of this expensive product is awful...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #3,214 of 3,873
Finally the problem becomes permanent in tube mode, I returned my unit to Musicteck and they kindly send me a new unit (i have to pay a fraction of the price because i send only the player to them)
Now i have the new N8 and all output modes sound perfect, but the screen has an annoying tearing issue...
I was told that this issue is because the processor of the DAP is too slow, and this causes the tearing ...

i show you the issue here:

and here:

Anyone experience something like this??

@Andykong this issue has any software solution, is this normal?

Yes, that is how it works. If you move and wait a second, the album covers fill in( if present). This is why a number of us have said the interface is simple and easy to use, but nothing like an iPhone. The N8 is about sound quality. If you are more concerned about features, etc. purchase something else. Though I do feel at its price point, a bit more effort should have been given to this area. I do feel it still has the best sound of any DAP. Tks.

Mar 3, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #3,215 of 3,873
Yes, that is how it works. If you move and wait a second, the album covers fill in( if present). This is why a number of us have said the interface is simple and easy to use, but nothing like an iPhone. The N8 is about sound quality. If you are more concerned about features, etc. purchase something else. Though I do feel at its price point, a bit more effort should have been given to this area. I do feel it still has the best sound of any DAP. Tks.
Sure I will love to have a search feature in the library like the ipod I bought 20 years ago ;=)))

Mar 3, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #3,216 of 3,873
Sure I will love to have a search feature in the library like the ipod I bought 20 years ago ;=)))
Fiio has search , N6II with various music apps has search. When I want the best sound I use the N8 , when I need convenience and not as great sound then I use my other daps.

Mar 3, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #3,218 of 3,873
I don't think is incompatible or contradictory, to wish for a great sound, and the sound of the N8 is exceptional, and a good interface...
True everybody should think , but not too much.

Mar 3, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #3,221 of 3,873
You can use the search feature of Hiby Music app. I use this app to control my N8 during my long commute.

Mar 3, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #3,222 of 3,873
I guess I need to ask this here in the forum and hopefully @Andy Kong will have some good news for me.
Last month when I was traveling in Dresden I pulled my N8 out of the safe in my hotel room and the player slipped out of the case and landed on the floor. There is no apparent physical damage as it landed on the carpet but I have no sound out of either output.

Is there anywhere I can send it back to see what is wrong and if a repair is possible. I am really missing listening to it.

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #3,223 of 3,873
I guess I need to ask this here in the forum and hopefully @Andy Kong will have some good news for me.
Last month when I was traveling in Dresden I pulled my N8 out of the safe in my hotel room and the player slipped out of the case and landed on the floor. There is no apparent physical damage as it landed on the carpet but I have no sound out of either output.

Is there anywhere I can send it back to see what is wrong and if a repair is possible. I am really missing listening to it.
Mine flew out of the case and hit the concrete sidewalk then it slid 10 feet. This happened a yr ago and no issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back