Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Jun 4, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #511 of 3,873
This is an easy dap to miss then, especially at 3K, the Nutubes would be the only interesting thing about it, design would not be to anyone out of Asia taste and new daps sound awesome in balanced for a lot less
The definition for awesome sounding varies a lot between price ranges. Whats awesome at 600 bucks may not be so awesome at 1000 bucks.

What daps do you have in mind?

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #512 of 3,873
The definition for awesome sounding varies a lot between price ranges. Whats awesome at 600 bucks may not be so awesome at 1000 bucks.

What daps do you have in mind?

If i was ever to spend 3k on a dap i think paw touch looks the best ever, better than Sony even, N8 looks like circus next to it, sorry, i do love Cayin and i own n5ii(which im sending for replacement 2d time due to a faulty balanced) and an idap6 at home, but this is really not one to my taste and i don't think Cayin has yet the reputation to come up with a ridiculously priced dap.
Paw gold on the other hand can because it has everything from built q to sound going for it and its a step up from anything in the market, it sounds like I'm advertising but i have no intention of buying that one either.
I just paid for Luxury & precision l6 and i know UI sucks but sound should be on par with any of these daps

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #513 of 3,873
If i was ever to spend 3k on a dap i think paw touch looks the best ever, better than Sony even, N8 looks like circus next to it, sorry, i do love Cayin and i own n5ii(which im sending for replacement 2d time due to a faulty balanced) and an idap6 at home, but this is really not one to my taste and i don't think Cayin has yet the reputation to come up with a ridiculously priced dap.
Paw gold on the other hand can because it has everything from built q to sound going for it and its a step up from anything in the market, it sounds like I'm advertising but i have no intention of buying that one either.
I just paid for Luxury & precision l6 and i know UI sucks but sound should be on par with any of these daps
Even better than the Sp1000?

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #514 of 3,873
Even better than the Sp1000?
According to Headfonia:
If you look at the top of the line DAPs, the two most mentioned models will probably be the Astell&Kern SP1000 and the Sony NW-WM1Z. Both of these DAPs go for like double the L6 but sound wise this DAP has its place with these reference models, there’s no doubt about that. And it gets even better. First of all, the L&P L6’s sound quality is up there with both of these DAPs and second, it’s a whole lot cheaper.

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #515 of 3,873
According to Headfonia:
If you look at the top of the line DAPs, the two most mentioned models will probably be the Astell&Kern SP1000 and the Sony NW-WM1Z. Both of these DAPs go for like double the L6 but sound wise this DAP has its place with these reference models, there’s no doubt about that. And it gets even better. First of all, the L&P L6’s sound quality is up there with both of these DAPs and second, it’s a whole lot cheaper.
I liked the Sp1000 a LOT more than the WM1Z. Personally I find it an entire step up.

The L&P L6 sounds promising. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Jun 4, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #516 of 3,873
I liked the Sp1000 a LOT more than the WM1Z. Personally I find it an entire step up.

Well, thats what the review talks about the 2 camps of Sony vs Astell but l6 being best of both.i liked both, remember Paw Gold being fantastic.
The big problem with L&P is they have zero support for outside China and last FW was dec but apparently sound is worth it. Shame tho, shouldn't be like this!

Jun 4, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #517 of 3,873

According to what I heard, L6 could be getting obsolete soon, since they are releasing R2R dac version. L6 is popular in Japan now, though wish there would be more reviews in English. But anyway, don't want to get off topic. I think toward the end of the summer when I assume N8 is released and LPGT has a more mature fw, maybe we can have a fair comparison of all these flagships, based on the sound, not just the looks :wink:

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #520 of 3,873
I've heard 2 R2R dacs (Audio GD-R2R 7 and R2R 11) and I really liked their natural timbre and cavernous soundstage. It's as unique as the Sp1000's soundstage, just different feel.

As always, implementation will be key here

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #521 of 3,873
I've heard 2 R2R dacs (Audio GD-R2R 7 and R2R 11) and I really liked their natural timbre and cavernous soundstage. It's as unique as the Sp1000's soundstage, just different feel.

As always, implementation will be key here
Yes, totally agree, implementation is key!

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #522 of 3,873

Cayin has no intention to come up with a ridiculously priced DAP, so I consider your statement as a compliment to our product and pricing strategy. Thank you.

On the other hand, I am not so sure if Lotoo will appreciate your endorsement that they have a good reputation on the issue of "ridiculously priced dap".

Joking aside, I am also looking forward to compare N8, Pow Touch, R2R2000 and LP6 side by side, this is definitely something worthy looking for as a portable audiophile, ... yes, I am still very much into this game and spending more than I should on this hobby. :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #523 of 3,873
Cayin has no intention to come up with a ridiculously priced DAP, so I consider your statement as a compliment to our product and pricing strategy. Thank you.

On the other hand, I am not so sure if Lotoo will appreciate your endorsement that they have a good reputation on the issue of "ridiculously priced dap".

Joking aside, I am also looking forward to compare N8, Pow Touch and LP6 side by side, this is definitely something worthy looking for as a portable audiophile, ... yes, I am still very much into this game and spending more than I should on this hobby. :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:
Got me fooled at first lol

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #524 of 3,873

Joking aside, I am also looking forward to compare N8, Pow Touch, R2R2000 and LP6 side by side, this is definitely something worthy looking for as a portable audiophile, ... yes, I am still very much into this game and spending more than I should on this hobby. :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:
Not 3k then??

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #525 of 3,873

I'm new for hear and looking for a nice DAP. What a relief to hear that. Waiting for it's final price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back