Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
Feb 23, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #226 of 1,852
Okay now I see it. You might be right. This might be the so called “Audio Bridge” which does the PCM2DSD.
Anyways I don’t want to spoil too much given the grand reveal is just hours away. Post that we can discuss to our heart’s content !
Agreed, speculation is not going to achieve much at this point.

My take on N7 after seeing the circuit block diagrams, yes this is a new direction for a DAP. As with the various modules for N6ii its only going to offer a slightly different "flavour" of sound. Its certainly not worth selling an N8ii to get N7 but maybe if you are the type of "audiophile" that likes DSD and needs DSD 512 (N7 will convert everything to DSD 512) then buy this for sure.

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #228 of 1,852
I find the launch is quite interesting, like waiting for a new Apple event. I have no need for another DAP, but I want to check the thread everyday to see how it goes. Good luck with the launch, folks!

Feb 23, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #229 of 1,852
Only 90 minutes away.

N7 Launch Countdown 2.23.jpg

Someone asked whether they can watch the launch live stream in Youtube.

Well, making the live stream available on Youtube is straightforward, but the content will remain Chinese all the way through, we couldn't provide an English-speaking host or real-time English subtitles, so if you don't mind watching the live stream in Chinese, here we go:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 23, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #230 of 1,852
Only 90 minutes away.

Well, making the live stream available on Youtube is straightforward, but the content will remain Chinese all the way through, we couldn't provide an English-speaking host or real-time English subtitles, so if you don't mind watching the live stream in Chinese, here we go:

Thanks! At least we can still read the numbers and feel the passion! 😉

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #231 of 1,852
Only 90 minutes away.

I wish it was the Matrix, does anyone have a manual on the Chinese language I can download? :)

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #233 of 1,852
I wish it was the Matrix, does anyone have a manual on the Chinese language I can download? :)
Lol 🤣. A bit late to the live stream, but love how they have the DAP on display and a slim smartphone to make you realise how thicc this actually is. Does look a bit smaller than the N8ii. Just a bit though. It's pretty good how they made it look pretty similar - still unmistakably designed like a flagship.

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #234 of 1,852
Will Cayin strike a blow with a reasonable price for a flagship product, plus a never-before-seen DAP? And go to really unexplored frontiers for a product of this type? I hope so... but unfortunately I don't think so...

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #235 of 1,852
Lol 🤣. A bit late to the live stream, but love how they have the DAP on display and a slim smartphone to make you realise how thicc this actually is. Does look a bit smaller than the N8ii. Just a bit though. It's pretty good how they made it look pretty similar - still unmistakably designed like a flagship.
Yes it looks a bit heavy, I guess its designed as an upgrade for N6ii owners that are looking for a change but don't want to fork out for an N8ii

Feb 23, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #240 of 1,852

Users who are viewing this thread

Back