Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
May 21, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #1,156 of 1,852
Also with HiBy Music, you can also transfer music via WiFi to your N7 – either internal or external storage.

Wow, I didn’t know that - as a Mac user, hooking up Android is often a pain in the ass and I now take the card out to add files, more often though just end up with my most recent music purchases going to my LPGT Ti due to simplicity of transferring. I’ll try via WiFi tonight 👍

May 21, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,158 of 1,852
Just about Done loading my music on a Scan Disk Ultra 1 Tb card. Will plug N7 into low power charging and run it non stop for a week. Anybody
have any idea of how long to break in N7?
Claud W
I asked and Andy answered this question earlier in this thread
He mentioned about 50-75hours, I ran about 100 Hrs, but first set the battery limiter in the Android OS to something like 80% max (you can change it later - and the limiter only works when the OS is running) which should help with battery life/heat dissipation. He also suggested burning on on A/B amp setting (Lower heat signature, and still benefits Class A amp setting)
To help dissipate the heat I left my N7 plugged in case off and running but sitting on a large finned heat sync, with IEM's hooked to it running a playback loop
The device got warm but never hot, burned in nicely (there was some changes in SQ doing this, I noticed around the 50 hour mark some nice changes to SQ and staging. From 50 to 100 hours it was much more subtle, but IMO it was there. Beyond 110 no real changes)
Of course Burn-In seems to launch many religious wars on these forums, so I'll just say did I hear a change? Yes but YMMV.
Others I've talked to the did not do burn in and enjoyed it as is and let the time using it help them enjoy the device.

Hope this information helps

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,159 of 1,852
How do I change to HiBy player?

Pretty much Android home screen customization 101.

On Android, there are two areas of the home screen layout:
  1. The home screen, which you can add app icons and arrange them out as you like
  2. The app dock which can display 5 app icons and more via nested folders
To add an app icon to the Home Screen:
  1. Swipe up on home screen to view all apps
  2. Then tap and drag the HiBy Music Player or any icon to the home screen and place it anywhere you like. Tap and drag an app icon again to move it
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1506.JPG

Home Screen Dock can display 5 apps side-by-side and more if you nest Apps:

To keep Cayin Music App on home screen but not in dock, tap and drag the Cayin app icon to the home screen. Then swipe up on the home screen to view all apps, then tap and drag the HiBy Music App to the dock

IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG

To remove Cayin Music App from the dock or the home screen, tap and drag the Cayin app icon towards the "X Remove" button that appears when dragging. This does not uninstall the app, it just removes it from the home screen

IMG_1507.JPG

To "nest" app icons in the dock aka create an app folder in dock allowing you to select which app to launch. For example keep the Cayin Music App and nest the HiBy Music Player with Cayin Music App in the dock – allowing you to tap the app folder and select which app you want to launch:
  1. Swipe up on the home screen to view all apps
  2. Then tap and drag the HiBy Music Player app to the Cayin Music App on the dock which will nest both app icons into a "folder" in the dock

IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
May 21, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #1,160 of 1,852
Wow, I didn’t know that - as a Mac user, hooking up Android is often a pain in the ass and I now take the card out to add files, more often though just end up with my most recent music purchases going to my LPGT Ti due to simplicity of transferring. I’ll try via WiFi tonight 👍

Ja, just launch HiBy Music app and tap the upper left "user" icon to display the app nav:

1. Tap "Import music via WiFi"
  2. Tap "Transfer music files from computer"
  3. Follow the on screen instructions
  4. Enter the provided IP address in a browser and you upload to local or external storage
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG
Screenshot_2023-05-06_at_6.51.06_PM.png

May 21, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #1,161 of 1,852
Ja, just launch HiBy Music app and tap the upper left "user" icon to display the app nav:

1. Tap "Import music via WiFi"
  2. Tap "Transfer music files from computer"
  3. Follow the on screen instructions
  4. Enter the provided IP address in a browser and you upload to local or external storage
IMG_1514.JPGIMG_1515.JPGIMG_1516.JPGScreenshot_2023-05-06_at_6.51.06_PM.png

Brilliant, thank you and look forward to giving it a go later!

May 21, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,162 of 1,852
I had a short taste of the N7 at the munich high end.
Really looking forward to the review.

The Cayin daps sounded great, I prefered them over most A&K units at the show.

May 21, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #1,163 of 1,852
I had a short taste of the N7 at the munich high end.
Really looking forward to the review.

The Cayin daps sounded great, I prefered them over most A&K units at the show.
Most despite SE300?
You should listen with an external amp to get most out of N7

May 21, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #1,164 of 1,852
Most despite SE300?
You should listen with an external amp to get most out of N7
Will do so during the Review.

@Andykong does Cayin offer battery replacements for DAPs?
Since batteries will get gradually worse over time.

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,165 of 1,852
Have you tried the TZ700 with N7 yet? - I love that combo.

Finally tried the TZ700 and N7 and I agree, they shine together. The already large soundstage of TZ700 is even bigger and more holographic with the N7. And that beautiful timbre..

Playing a bit between Class A and AB, they really make a difference. Class A: Bigger, bolder, warmer with more forward vocals

Class AB: more dinamic, slightly cleaner, less weight in instruments (especially bass and lower mids), vocals slightly back in the mix (compared to class A)

Both good with TZ700 though, I see them as good options for different iems. With TZ700 I have a slightly preference for class A @Scuba Devils which amp type are you using with TZ700?

Picture or it never happened :)

image.jpg

May 22, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #1,166 of 1,852
Finally tried the TZ700 and N7 and I agree, they shine together. The already large soundstage of TZ700 is even bigger and more holographic with the N7. And that beautiful timbre..

Playing a bit between Class A and AB, they really make a difference. Class A: Bigger, bolder, warmer with more forward vocals

Class AB: more dinamic, slightly cleaner, less weight in instruments (especially bass and lower mids), vocals slightly back in the mix (compared to class A)

Both good with TZ700 though, I see them as good options for different iems. With TZ700 I have a slightly preference for class A @Scuba Devils which amp type are you using with TZ700?

Picture or it never happened :)

image.jpg

I can’t recall whether it was A or AB, which means I’ll have to treat myself to another session soon! N7 is also fantastic with Camelot, another relatively neutral set with a large stage that is further amplified by N7 - lovely sub bass emphasis too.

May 22, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #1,167 of 1,852
I can’t recall whether it was A or AB, which means I’ll have to treat myself to another session soon! N7 is also fantastic with Camelot, another relatively neutral set with a large stage that is further amplified by N7 - lovely sub bass emphasis too.
I see class A to really enhance more neutral sets and class AB to benefit more bassy iems. It’s good to have a choice, especially when having multiple iems/headphones with different sound signatures :)

I think with an N7 and adding a C9 may be basically an endgame combo for any needs/tastes.

May 22, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #1,168 of 1,852
Just installed the latest update. Could not find the DSD selector switch. Anyone find it yet?

May 22, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #1,169 of 1,852

Users who are viewing this thread

Back