Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Nov 25, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #7,546 of 8,192
Hi Andy,

I have a question regarding the RU6.
At the moment all my external DACs require (and come with) a special Windows driver to overcome the system's lack of hires audio support (sample rate >48000kHz for example).
Will Cayin provide such driver, so the RU6 can be used on Windows computers, too?
Or will the RU6 be iOS and Android only?
BTW, all above mentioned drivers have the same interface and UI (see attached screenshot), so I guess there must be some common toolkit/framework which can be taylored to the OEM's requirements.

We are having some technical problem to upload the RU6 sales guide to our website, but as soon as that is available, you'll notice that under the subject of compatibility with Window systems, we stated that you are:
Requires to install a propreitary USB Audio 2.0 Driver developed for RU6, free to download from Cayin website

1637851180610.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 25, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #7,547 of 8,192
Hello everybody!

After a week long trip, I came back home, only to find my N6ii screen's died, while i left it inside it's case, inside a drawer.
Doing the reset procedure, the screen turns on, but doesn't show anything. The charging ring works, but now, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is there a replacement screen I can get, or any other procedure I should run before giving up?
It sucks because I really enjoyed that little thing and wanted to use it for a few years at least, since it powered my CIEMs really well.

Several questions to help me understand your situation.

"i left it inside it's case, inside a drawer"
did you turn off the DAP when you left it inside a drawer? If the DAP was on, did you turn off the wireless (WiFi, BT) connection? did you unplug your headphone? did you set your screen to turn off automatically?

After a week long trip, I came back home, only to find my N6ii screen's died
When was the last time you used your N6ii before your trip? I assume the N6ii was powered off when you take it out? and you cannot power it on again? or the screen is blacked out but you can feel the temperature of the DAP, so you assume the DAP itself is working, only the screen is blacked out.

Doing the reset procedure, the screen turns on, but doesn't show anything.
Reset procedure refers to long press the power button for 15 second when the DAP was powered on?
Now the screen is turned on, can you see the light leaking on the sides? we want to find out if the backlight is working at this stage. When the DAP reboot after the reset procedure, is there any logo displayed before it black out? or you can feel the power on vibration/peep sound but nothing were displayed the whole time?

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #7,548 of 8,192
Thanks a lot for such a fast response, Andy!

In regards to your questions:

Several questions to help me understand your situation.

"i left it inside it's case, inside a drawer"
did you turn off the DAP when you left it inside a drawer? If the DAP was on, did you turn off the wireless (WiFi, BT) connection? did you unplug your headphone? did you set your screen to turn off automatically?

I turned it off, yes. Since I was going out, I turned it off and left it with about 40% battery when I did so.

After a week long trip, I came back home, only to find my N6ii screen's died
When was the last time you used your N6ii before your trip? I assume the N6ii was powered off when you take it out? and you cannot power it on again? or the screen is blacked out but you can feel the temperature of the DAP, so you assume the DAP itself is working, only the screen is blacked out.

I used it just the day before the trip (the 19th).

Doing the reset procedure, the screen turns on, but doesn't show anything.
Reset procedure refers to long press the power button for 15 second when the DAP was powered on?
Now the screen is turned on, can you see the light leaking on the sides? we want to find out if the backlight is working at this stage. When the DAP reboot after the reset procedure, is there any logo displayed before it black out? or you can feel the power on vibration/peep sound but nothing were displayed the whole time?

Yes, pressing both power + previous song does turn on the backlight, but doesn't show anything on the screen. No information is ever shown (logo, text, color bars, noise, nothing). But the backlight does turn on (and off after 12 seconds and on again). I believe this could be related to a flat cable issue? but i'm not sure how that'd happen.
If there's a way to look after it, i'm sure you're the most suitable person to tell me how.

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #7,550 of 8,192
I asked this before, but it anyone has an E02 module they're looking to sell, feel free to drop me a message 🙏🏻

Not sure if you want to buy new but I know Audio Essence either have or are getting some.

My n6ii-Ti shipping from them in the next couple of days - however, I said whatever DAP I bought towards the end of the year would be away till Christmas... I'll hopefully have the discipline!

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #7,551 of 8,192
Not sure if you want to buy new but I know Audio Essence either have or are getting some.

My n6ii-Ti shipping from them in the next couple of days - however, I said whatever DAP I bought towards the end of the year would be away till Christmas... I'll hopefully have the discipline!
Thank you, sir. I was in conversation with someone here who may have one on offer. If he gets back to me, I'll grab 'em.

All the best for the Ti! To my ears, the R01 is surely the best sounding portable device I've heard. When it pairs well, then it's pure magic. Such is the case with the IE900, which I know you have - desert island pairing!

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #7,553 of 8,192
Thank you, sir. I was in conversation with someone here who may have one on offer. If he gets back to me, I'll grab 'em.

All the best for the Ti! To my ears, the R01 is surely the best sounding portable device I've heard. When it pairs well, then it's pure magic. Such is the case with the IE900, which I know you have - desert island pairing!

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #7,556 of 8,192
Battery Test Power off 2021-1125.jpg

Start a new round of battery test, power off N6ii for 5 days. Let's see my 2 years old N6ii battery can hold up. will report finding on 30th Nov 12:00noon (GMT+8)
As the photo below indicated, the battery hold its charge at 99% after 5 days powered off. The DAP was connected to Bluetooth but disconnected from WiFi before I switch it off.

IMG_20211130_115520.jpg

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #7,557 of 8,192
Thanks a lot for such a fast response, Andy!

In regards to your questions:

I turned it off, yes. Since I was going out, I turned it off and left it with about 40% battery when I did so.

I used it just the day before the trip (the 19th).

Yes, pressing both power + previous song does turn on the backlight, but doesn't show anything on the screen. No information is ever shown (logo, text, color bars, noise, nothing). But the backlight does turn on (and off after 12 seconds and on again). I believe this could be related to a flat cable issue? but i'm not sure how that'd happen.
If there's a way to look after it, i'm sure you're the most suitable person to tell me how.

After consulting our Engineer, we believe this is a hardware problem, it can be a disconnect or broken ribbon cable, or the screen is failed. We can't further narrow down the cause without examine the player. Please contact your seller/dealer or email service@cayin.cn for repair service.

Replacing the screen is a lot more complicated than replacing the battery, we don't recommend users to attempt this level of repair work themselves, sending the DAP back to factory is a more reliable arrangement,

Dec 4, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #7,560 of 8,192
My n6ii-Ti landed this morning, quick listen with FAudio Dark Sky and certainly money very well spent. Beautiful looking, feeling and most importantly, sounding device!

20211204_110737.jpg
Sounds amazing with ear buds too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back